PDA

View Full Version : RE-Evaluation

egbutler1
04-21-10, 04:50 PM
Well I got re-evalued for my SC disability for the first time and the examiner said he thinks i should go up in my %. My question is how long does it take after that C&P exam till you find out what the boards decision is? My Doc said in my C&P that he doubts that i can work cause of these problems, would that speed up the process? Just looking to see if any other Marines who have gone threw this process got any info or advice. Semper Fi brothers/sisters! :evilgrin:

ggyoung
04-21-10, 05:01 PM
Go for the highest you can go.If you start low then they will keep you low. Be prepared for a long fight. Remember the gov.don't care if you starve. They will turn you down on the first try in hopes that you give up. Start at 100%. Good luck.

egbutler1
04-21-10, 09:54 PM
Go for the highest you can go.If you start low then they will keep you low. Be prepared for a long fight. Remember the gov.don't care if you starve. They will turn you down on the first try in hopes that you give up. Start at 100%. Good luck.

Hey SGT I was rated 50% right out the bat for PTSD in 2007, now just went in for my re-eval march 6th 2010 and the doctor was so ****ed that i was only rated 50% for everything thats wrong with me. i quote the doc "I highly dobute that this man could hold a normal job, granted he might be able to work a job but it is very specific."

redman1
04-22-10, 02:39 PM
Took me a year and a half to get my VA card and just now got service connected at 20%
I told them I think they hope we will give up or die first
Good Luck and you have support on Leatherneck, were all behind you
Semper Fi Redman

Bdchi1
04-22-10, 02:51 PM
Redman is right on with the time. Just don't spend any money unless you have to until your card and benefits kick in.

My law firm does considerable pro bono work for vets over the board decisions. Best advice is that you keep any and all originals of documents, and make a second copy that you can keep at a different location in case of fire or robbery etc...

It is a sad day when you have an applicant that cannot find all the necessary documentation required for submitting an appeal. The VA is not the most efficiently run organization, except when it comes to denying benefits (my personal opinion). So keep multiple copies of everything and be sure to document everything (names, dates, subjects of conversations, etc...).

Keep the faith and I wish you all the best it getting everything you deserve.

S/F and thank you for your service.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-27-10, 02:30 AM
Amen. I'm still waiting on my FIRST rating (PTSD, Cervical spine injury, hearing, other minor crap) and C&P. I'm shooting for as high as I can get, even though I'm working, quite frankly, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep working. It gets more and more difficult every day.

We'll see.....

Riven37
04-27-10, 07:18 AM
Sounds like your doc was talking about unemployability but if he doesn't right it into your records that's what he is saying doesn't mean much. Your wait period will vary based on the case load sit tight might be a few months.

Well I got re-evalued for my SC disability for the first time and the examiner said he thinks i should go up in my %. My question is how long does it take after that C&P exam till you find out what the boards decision is? My Doc said in my C&P that he doubts that i can work cause of these problems, would that speed up the process? Just looking to see if any other Marines who have gone threw this process got any info or advice. Semper Fi brothers/sisters! :evilgrin: