PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

gonzo4
04-21-10, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon Marines,
Today I was talking with a fellow Marine about the use of creatine in ones daily vitamin ritual. The topic of creatine came up and I had heard that it was a banned substance. I may be wrong and I wanted to get some input on if this substance was banned by the Marine Corps and if it is your opinions on the ban.

hussaf
04-21-10, 03:45 PM
Good afternoon Marines,
Today I was talking with a fellow Marine about the use of creatine in ones daily vitamin ritual. The topic of creatine came up and I had heard that it was a banned substance. I may be wrong and I wanted to get some input on if this substance was banned by the Marine Corps and if it is your opinions on the ban.

I actually started using it on deployment ...I had always shied away from it before. I actually liked it. I didn't do a loading phase, just took 2 spoonfulls and mixed it in gatorade or water about 20-30 minutes before a workout. Just remember that everything you put in your body has to filter through your kidney...so you don't want to overtax it. Plus, don't expect to take creatine and simply get big. You need to burn a lot of calories or you will gain water weight. I recommend a high-tempo (but safe, and proper form) weight lifting regimen.

It certainly is banned at any formal training school though...along with pretty much everything else.

benw2200
04-21-10, 09:16 PM
Been using creatine on and off for years. It's one of my most trusted and effective supplements, and has helped me gain significant strength and size. I have never heard anything about it being banned from any part of the Marine Corps. Keep in mind, creatine is a naturally occuring substance that is found mostly commonly in red meat, but also in other products such as fish and dairy, so banning is almost guarenteed not to happen unless they want to ban steaks as well..