PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy/Riding Boots

echo3oscar1833
04-18-10, 10:45 PM
This is for all of us country boys out there. What brand of cowboy/riding boots do you own. Myself I own a pair of red wing riding boots, a little over two years old now. Love em paid a good penny for them

http://www.redwingmotorcycleboots.com/order/images/969.jpg

kman311
04-18-10, 11:31 PM
Well, maybe this isn't fair because my family owned a western store for years but my collection includes
Justin, Tony Lama, Lucchese, Ariat, Nocona and Dan Post. The leathers include full quill ostrich, elkskin, lizard, stingray, cape buffalo, shark, alligator, and various calfskins and bullhides.

RLE0352
04-18-10, 11:35 PM
Nothing but Justin Ropers for over 25 years.

slug
04-19-10, 12:54 AM
I like my Tony Lamas, but they have reached their last miles. My Ariats are doing well as a replacement though.

FistFu68
04-19-10, 01:39 AM
:evilgrin: My Western DiamondBack Rattlesnake Toni Lama X-Toe,bought them in Texas in 85 while hunting on my Uncles Ranch on Horseback for Wild Boar...Sweetwater Tx...But for just farting around I have some Justins made outta Buckskin..."Whitetail Deer" J-Toe...:beer: :iwo:

Quinbo
04-19-10, 02:08 AM
Those have to be the gayest squared off toed mexican riding boots I've ever seen. Do they come with assless chaps? You need some conchos and a shirt with a big collar and a hat with enbroidered brim and half a chicken wing under the band to go with em.

I'm a justin boot fan myself. I prefer ropers.

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 07:29 AM
Those have to be the gayest squared off toed mexican riding boots I've ever seen. Do they come with assless chaps? You need some conchos and a shirt with a big collar and a hat with enbroidered brim and half a chicken wing under the band to go with em.

Dang why you hatin on the boots, man if you must know there for riding motorcycle, not horses lol. Guess I should have added that in lol to each there own I suppose :D

Old Marine
04-19-10, 08:50 AM
I prefer the pointed toes for killing roaches in the corners.

tdrt
04-19-10, 09:05 AM
Justin and Double H ropers

FistFu68
04-19-10, 09:11 AM
:evilgrin: Those are E-Toes Gunny the same ones I'm gonna smash Omaba the Cocka Roach with when I corner Him in the Lincoln Bedroom ;) :iwo:

redman1
04-19-10, 10:21 AM
I posted pictures of my favorite Cowboy Boots, Hats, and saddles on my profile because I don't know how to put them on this thread.
Semper Fi Redman

Ed Palmer
04-19-10, 10:33 AM

Those have to be Western boots thats where the Bull shxt goes on the inside.
Cowboy boots have it on the outside.! :yes:

Marine1955
04-19-10, 11:17 AM
I posted pictures of my favorite Cowboy Boots, Hats, and saddles on my profile because I don't know how to put them on this thread.
Semper Fi Redman
<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10444</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Marine1955
04-19-10, 11:18 AM
Semper Fi Redman
<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10440</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Marine1955
04-19-10, 11:19 AM
Semper Fi Redman
<TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 162px; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: 166px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=10443&albumid=2370&dl=1271689283&thumb=1 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10443) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 162px; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: 166px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=10442&albumid=2370&dl=1271689283&thumb=1 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10442)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ed Palmer
04-19-10, 11:21 AM
look familiar

Semper Fi Redman

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=10435&albumid=2370&dl=1271689283&thumb=1

redman1
04-19-10, 11:29 AM
Thanks 55 for posting this for me I will call you later
Semper Fi Redman

hrscowboy
04-19-10, 11:33 AM
Tony lama is my boot of choice..

Wyoming
04-19-10, 12:14 PM
Lucchese play & party.

Double H work.

NOTHING square toed like the 1st post!! NOTHING!

Those look they belong in a gay ass biker bar in some concrete jungle.

Did the broke dick boys wear those kind?

:D:banana::D

redman1
04-19-10, 12:37 PM
Settle down Marines after all he is one of us A MARINE
I even had a pair of boots like that years ago and my Harley boots I posted are like that except not square toes.
This is a good thread
Semper Fi Redman

Quinbo
04-19-10, 01:17 PM
Ben knows I funnin ... I hope

I always wear my k-mart fall apart goof proof specials with the double action diamond tipped spurs and the bear skin chaps. Ohhh and a sombrerro with a chicken wing. Then around my purple leotards I wear a eco friendly belt with a wwe championship belt buckle.

montana
04-19-10, 01:38 PM
I have a pare of hand crafted Olathe boots that ive had for over 12 years...third set of soles on um...round toe and ridding heel....thems my go to town boots...my sh*t cickers are Toni Lamas ...same same round toe ...riddind heel....look some what like Redmans only a little more of a riding heel....round/pointed toe helps ya grab a sterup ...speshly on the off side

redman1
04-19-10, 01:42 PM
A few years ago I cut the toe out of these boots for some tree hugger friends of mine and called them Cowboy Sandales and got lots ofhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10451 laughs
Semper Fi Redman

Quinbo
04-19-10, 01:42 PM
The left side is the right side and the right side is the wrong side. I never did care for those slanted riding heels. It just seemed weird.

redman1
04-19-10, 01:45 PM
Bulky I don't know what your talking about but would like to understand Slanted riding heels?
Semper Fi Redman

fmoyer
04-19-10, 02:04 PM
Tony Lama boots have 8 pr love them , had water buffalo boots for uniform with a Stetson XXX while working for the Sheriff office.

Quinbo
04-19-10, 02:14 PM
Bulky I don't know what your talking about but would like to understand Slanted riding heels?
Semper Fi Redman

The mexican cockroach killers with the heal that is underslung. Slants from your heel towards your toe. I guess at some point they served a purpose. I prefer the straight down heels. I'm no prima dona but sure makes walking easier than them high heeled boots.

redman1
04-19-10, 02:21 PM
Bulky thanks I understand
My favorite boots are bull hide there the tall one's with the pull holes at top and the heel is straight and is built out for spurs. Those where I cut the toe out were my first pair and then I bought another pair I still use. Semper Fi Redman

Rocky C
04-19-10, 02:31 PM
I Like My Harley Davidson Diversion 8" Riding Boots

SlingerDun
04-19-10, 03:12 PM
Undershot heels are designed for leaning back and ploughing through the horse corral or branding trap. You've got one end of the line anchored at your hip and the other holds a snared animal that doesn't savvy "whoa" and never in the wrong place.:marine:

--->Dave

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 03:16 PM
Its all good, I know you all are playing, like the pics redman, you guys should post some other pics. I was thinking about going and getting a pair of Durango's this weekend. Myself I'm partial to the square toe :thumbup::D

Wyoming
04-19-10, 04:07 PM
Settle down Marines after all he is one of us A MARINE
I even had a pair of boots like that years ago and my Harley boots I posted are like that except not square toes.
This is a good thread
Semper Fi Redman

Of course, of course.

Iffen I said anything nice, Ben would send the Dr over, figgering I am sick.

SlingerDun
04-19-10, 04:39 PM
Tapered toe and leather soles for easy in and out (of the stirrup) sod cutter heel with spur bench and high arch that will "lock" into anything less that a 2 inch oxbow. I've seen high trottin working buckaroo's wearing very custom footwear but never with such slender, sharp, elongated geometry

Marketed as "work boots" from Frommer in Central Oregon.

http://www.bootmaker.com/wood.jpg

SlingerDun
04-19-10, 04:40 PM
BigAl...http://www.bootmaker.com/tanbrnc1.jpg

redman1
04-19-10, 04:41 PM
Thanks Slinger I had a pair like them once but didn't like them for walking or working just riding. I appreciate your explanation of what there used for.
Semper Fi Redman

Marine1955
04-19-10, 04:54 PM
Thank god no one is trying to wear these on the fram. hahahaha

http://ponderingsfrompluto.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/dragon-boots1.jpg

ggyoung
04-19-10, 05:02 PM
Justin for Sunday goto meeting. The rest of the time it's Corcoran black military boots.

redman1
04-19-10, 05:06 PM
55 that was good.
Thanks for helping me you created a monster
Semper Fi Redman

SlingerDun
04-19-10, 05:28 PM
http://www.cowboyshowcase.com/photogallery/images/DSCN3500%20(2).JPG

redman1
04-19-10, 05:34 PM
Slinger your the man
Semper Fi Redman

Rocky C
04-19-10, 05:42 PM
I Like These!!! :)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2165&pictureid=10432

redman1
04-19-10, 05:44 PM
O.K. Rocky get back on track
Semper Fi Redman

Rocky C
04-19-10, 05:46 PM
O.K. Rocky get back on track
Semper Fi Redman

:D I'll try............

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 06:10 PM
Here is a pic of my actual boots, I try to keep em polished, and oiled good to help em last :marine:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2372&pictureid=10459

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 06:11 PM
This is the pair I want next

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/products/150/7366936.jpg

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 07:39 PM
Ben knows I funnin ... I hope

I always wear my k-mart fall apart goof proof specials with the double action diamond tipped spurs and the bear skin chaps. Ohhh and a sombrerro with a chicken wing. Then around my purple leotards I wear a eco friendly belt with a wwe championship belt buckle.

Hahaha I would pay to see you post a pic like that Bulk, how much money you thinkin :D:D

redman1
04-19-10, 07:43 PM
Me too Bulky I got heart burn thinking about it.
Semper Fi Redman

Quinbo
04-19-10, 08:03 PM
You all got me thinking and digging through the closet. I currently don't have a single pair of cowboy boots. Current daily wear is navy issue low quarter, steel toed boon dockers. My kid has reached that age where he and I wear the same size foot wear so what is mine is his.

I think the boots ben is looking at used to be called harness boots. I just can't picture myself two stepping in a pair. I'm better off wearing clod hoppers.

I might have to get me a pair of them gene simmons boots Bill. Those look cool.

Marine1955
04-19-10, 08:03 PM
55 that was good.
Thanks for helping me you created a monster
Semper Fi Redman
Thank Ed Palmer not me he showed me and I just passed the info along so to
Ed Palmer I and others thank you for helping us get by in our advance years.

montana
04-19-10, 08:05 PM
the riding heel is for cowboys that dont intend on spending much time on the ground...if you cant do it a horseback it dont need don......as the slinger said....if you have an anker hold on a criter thats intent on not stoping its a lot easyer on the knees with the under slung heel...but its each to his own....i wont call you a flatlander if you dont wear a riding heel....ill just think it
be safe good people

echo3oscar1833
04-19-10, 10:46 PM
Moving on, I've never been one to partial on Cowboy hats to say. Maybe its the up north country thing. I dunno, I have considered getting a straw one though. Other than that its just my Marine Corps Ball Caps :marine:

8th&I Marine
04-20-10, 08:15 AM
Hey Echo if you are going to get a straw hat get you a palm leaf. Those are the best damn hats. They are rugged and there is no problem when the get wet. As for boots its Justin or Ariat.

Cantrell

redman1
04-20-10, 08:52 AM
Theres only one straw hat I love and that's the Shady Brady Straw Cowboy Hat
Semper Fi Redmanhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=10468&albumid=2370&dl=1271771429&thumb=1 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2370&pictureid=10468)

FistFu68
04-20-10, 09:37 AM
:evilgrin: redman 1 since I saw your super sandals,I went and cut my Danner Desert Combat boots toes off too the sole cut them back too the shank of the laceup,cause I spear fish alot I can slide on my swim Fins easier,and not ever worry about stepping on a big treble hook again...and when I'm out in Public I will use on 2" inch strip of Green duct tape wrapped around the whole sole and top of my foot...too keep from flopping around.Thanks for the Idea S/F :idea: :beer:

redman1
04-20-10, 09:47 AM
Fist that's so funny but I would like to see a picture. Back when I was turning 50 a friend of mine was a tree hugger and laughed at me because I didn't own a pair of sandals. I bought my first pair of sandals which I don't wear very much but one night when they came over to cook out I did the Cowboy boot cut off and got lots of laughs. Only thing was once they were on I had trouble getting them off.
Semper Fi Redman

montana
04-20-10, 09:50 AM
lol...Fits. bet that will turn some heads
i wear felt hats summer /winter....like the brim all the way around....keeps the sun out of my eyes and it from burning my neck....also makes the water run well away from me and on the outside of my raingear during rain storms....rather then down inside it.....youngest son liked caps.....we were ridding up in the mountains way back in....hard rain started up...we put on our slickers....when the rain stoped i was dry....he was soked from the rain running down off his head down his neck and on the inside of his raingear.....he still wears a cap...but when we ride these days he wears a hat....ol dad aint as dumb as he looks.........?? sometimes

redman1
04-20-10, 09:57 AM
Montana I heard that. I wear caps all the time but Cowboy hats when riding. My black felt hat that my wife made the band for is a crushable hat which I love but my brown one the rain runs off very well. That straw Shady Brady hat is pretty good also. I don't get in the elements like you do and would love to have your life. Your life sounds like its where my heart is all the time. Now I so stove up from all my operations I can hardly pull myself up in the saddle. Stretch the big black walker was so damn tall I had to get on a fence to get on and it made me feel very old and cripple. I want to get a horse about 15 or max 15.2 hands next.
Happy Trails
Semper Fi Redman

montana
04-20-10, 10:15 AM
lol Redman....i most often look for a low spot to stand the horse or a rock to stand my horse by...to mount...

redman1
04-20-10, 10:19 AM
Montana that makes me feel better. But things changed for me in the last two years. Hell two years ago I was still riding bucking horses and mounted just as they started to buck and loved it.
Semper Fi Redman

ggyoung
04-20-10, 10:31 AM
Redman1 and Montana what is your favorite horse? Mine is the Morgan.

redman1
04-20-10, 10:36 AM
First of all Guy welcome to Cowboy Up
My favorite horse is the Quarter Horse and that's what Cody is but Redman my favorite horse and best friend was a Saddle-bred. I have had all kinds and like them all but to me the Quarter Horse is the best all round horse. Cody was a barrel racer horse before we got him and was fun to ride and could cut on a dime. I could cut with him and rope but now he can't be rode because of back and hock problems and he is 26 years old I think and we got him when he was 12 and got Redman when he was 8 and put him down at the age of 20.
Semper Fi Redman

fmoyer
04-20-10, 10:42 AM
Hard to beat an Appy, good all around for hunting and just pleasure riding can work cattle also.

tdrt
04-20-10, 12:04 PM
For trail rides, general pleasure riding, I use Quarter Horses. They're roping horses, but I'm not coordinated enough to even try and rope on them.

But I show Saddlebreds -- nothing beats that huge animated trot.

redman1
04-20-10, 12:09 PM
Troy good to see you post on here.
Quarter Horses are not just roping horses
Redman was a Saddle-bred but such a rough ride, Karen rode him sometimes and always posted on him but I don't post I just ride with the horse.
Cody has always been a good horse and would do anything, both him and Redman would do anything we wanted them to do.
I open gates and so on while riding them
Sure do miss Redman
Semper Fi Redman

tdrt
04-20-10, 12:31 PM
Ya, but that's all we use them for. Dean's daughter barrel races with one too -- something I've never tried yet. But my friend Heidi is going to teach me to barrel race this summer -- should be very interesting! I'm not the most graceful person - LOL

We also have a herd of about 20+ trail horses of different breeds that we send up to the Boy Scout camp every year but they get so damn herdbound, can't just grab one and ride.

redman1
04-20-10, 12:42 PM
I hear people talking about heard bound horse all the time but I don't believe in that.
I believe when your on a horse your the boss and if he knows that he shows it.
That's one thing I used to help people with there horses teaching them how to control them.
Its pretty funny how different people ride. My sister in law lets the horse do what ever they want because she said one time its rude to tell them what to do.
I quit teaching or riding with her because she drive me crazy
I've taught peoples horses to respond to anything and once they got back home the horse did the same stuff.
Happy Trails
Semper Fi Redman

tdrt
04-20-10, 12:50 PM
I don't know...I had one try to launch me once and I'm just to damn pretty to get a facefull of gravel...

redman1
04-20-10, 12:53 PM
Too pretty to get a face full of gravel I agree with that be would like more pictures of you on your profile so I can make my own decision.
Semper Fi Redman

Quinbo
04-20-10, 02:11 PM
Hard to beat an Appy, good all around for hunting and just pleasure riding can work cattle also.

The reason the plains indians rode appaloosas is because it was the only type of horse slow enough to catch on foot. J/K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlnZ5roGPF4&feature=PlayList&p=1272548EC1817609&playnext_from=PL&playnext=2&index=16

fmoyer
04-20-10, 02:43 PM
Good one Bulkyker, might well be true, could be the reason I liked them because they were slow and sure footed. Being slow myself I like slow. The Nez Pierce Indians raised them and didn"t fair to well fighting the white man.

FistFu68
04-20-10, 02:49 PM
:evilgrin: The world Championship of International Horseshows will be Held this Summer in Kentucky this will be the 1st.Time its ever been held in the USA,and also in this event for the 1st. time ever will be the Western Class,I'll give my Lady a call and give You more Info on Dates and Times.Plus Pattie my Gal, with be in the Opening event that starts off this Event.:beer: :iwo:

MontanaDevilDog
08-29-10, 10:05 PM
I personally prefer either my Justin Boots or Old West Boots. Being from Billings, I generally buy them and other Western clothing when i go back home. Since I'm out here at Pendleton, it's kind of hard to find good boots out here. Sheplers.com or Cavenders. have really good deals on boots too.

AdirondackDog
08-29-10, 11:28 PM
With me in Oki, I have a cheap pair of Del Re's. Back home I have a pair of Stetsons my old man bought me for my 17th birthday. And a pair of Carhartts used for kicking liberals in the ass and other outdoor activities. All in which are generously size 11.5

Quinbo
08-29-10, 11:37 PM
With me in Oki, I have a cheap pair of Del Re's. Back home I have a pair of Stetsons my old man bought me for my 17th birthday. And a pair of Carhartts used for kicking liberals in the ass and other outdoor activities. All in which are generously size 11.5

Pardon my ignorance because I honostly don't know. Does Stetson and Carhart now make boots? That came as a suprise.

AdirondackDog
08-29-10, 11:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance because I honostly don't know. Does Stetson and Carhart now make boots? That came as a suprise.

Its funny you ask because I thought the same thing about Stetson. I thought they were only about the hats. As for the Carhartts, I picked those up on a whim while at a field and stream store.

SlingerDun
08-30-10, 01:41 AM
....I'm out here at Pendleton, it's kind of hard to find good boots out here....Norco, Ca.

Townies keep horses in their yards and ride to the cantina and 7/11 on trails designated for horse and foot traffic that would normally be called sidewalks. If pedestrians don't like sharing the path with horses, tough.

There's more than a few "Farm n Ranch" and western boot/apparel stores around there. Libbo towards the east side of Camp Pendleton and work your way up the Inland Empire, cowgirls might even talk to you if you're not overly geared up.

Tour west and wide of Riverside's east barrios.

MontanaDevilDog
08-30-10, 01:51 AM
Norco, Ca.

Townies keep horses in their yards and ride to the cantina and 7/11 on trails designated for horse and foot traffic that would normally be called sidewalks. If pedestrians don't like sharing the path with horses, tough.

There's more than a few "Farm n Ranch" and western boot/apparel stores around there. Libbo towards the east side of Camp Pendleton and work your way up the Inland Empire, cowgirls might even talk to you if you're not overly geared up.

Tour west and wide of Riverside's east barrios.

Thanks Slinger.

kenrobg30
08-30-10, 02:56 PM
Any body besides me, wishing for the days when you could put on a pair of LEVIs , and look good in them??? :D S/F!!! KEN

SlingerDun
08-31-10, 07:50 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/slingerdun/cowgirl.jpg?t=1283302165

Marine1955
08-31-10, 08:00 PM
Hey Cowboys or Buckaroos and Buckarretts
I see you all have to wait to go back home to get your boots.
Well here where I live we have a western Store that boost of having the Largest supply of boots In Kansas even larger than Sheppler's, They even have there own web site and they will ship to you. F.Y.I. The web address is ( www dot crazyhouse dot com ) I go there cause it's only 7 miles from my house.

SlingerDun
08-31-10, 08:11 PM
"The Biggest Western Store between Wichita and Denver" hhmm i'm on google maps right now and not seeing much competition inbetween:nerd:

Blakers
09-02-10, 01:26 AM
I personally like Cavender's in all honesty. I've never had a problem with the boots I get from them, especially my Lucchese's.

JD0261
09-25-10, 11:28 PM
Tony Lama's or Justin's for me

kenrobg30
09-27-10, 09:42 AM
I had a paor of Cowboy boots once. Had a hell-of-time, pullong them on the first time. Then, I stood up, and got a nose bleed. Been scared of heights ever since. I don't really care how high up I get, as long as one foot's touching the ground. ;) S/F!! KEN

SlingerDun
10-06-10, 09:57 PM
Discontinued style made for Filson and advertised as "Upland Field Boots"
Two layers of leather except where the Tin Cloth canvas twill replaces the outer layer for weight reduction.
Filson won't reveal anything about the maker except that it's a domestic outfit.
Because of the semi-pointed toe box and wide heel, they are curiously similar to packers and i've a hunch they may be White's - Hathorn. No synthetics or Gore-Tex, simply leather and canvas. They came with a Gumlite bob sole that wore slick and thin after about 3 months of hard use.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/144/l_5742b76324684ea681ed050bdfecb10d.jpg

Re-shod with Vibram Roccia Block lugs as of ...today

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/102/l_e21b42c5f1b3486daa256cce0e6eb311.jpg

Treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP

Quinbo
10-06-10, 10:00 PM
Has those gay looking golf shoe things like they used to put on lace up ropers.

SlingerDun
10-06-10, 10:10 PM
Oh the Kilties that keep the laces from wearing grooves in the boot tongue and my instep? hehehe easy Bul, i'll tell everybody about your cornrows:confused:

Quinbo
10-06-10, 10:19 PM
I have enough furrows in my head maybe I should plant some corn ;)

Supersquishy
10-07-10, 05:59 AM
My wife got me a pair of Ariat pull on work boots a week ago, friggin I love them. super comfy.