PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on lat moves

florczak2287
04-18-10, 06:22 PM
I'm considering making a lat move But also considering a transfer from active duty to reserve when my time comes. Does anyone have any information on a situation like this?:)

Sgt Leprechaun
04-18-10, 11:09 PM
Lots. What MOS are you looking to go to?

And going to reserves is easy, just EAS, then find the nearest reserve center, wander in, see what MOS they need/want, and go from there. Just about that simple believe it or not, from what I've seen.

florczak2287
04-19-10, 11:06 AM
Still not all too certain yet on the mos yet Sgt. Just browsing around a bit for now though. But I'd be trying to get with either anglico or amtracks, If I decide to take this route.

gwamo1
04-19-10, 01:48 PM
Almost every MOS is filled up for this fiscal year, so if you were planning on lat moving prior to October, you need to check out if it's even open. As for the reserves, it does not matter to them if the MOS is filled on the active side, at least that's what I was told as of last week. So get a good idea of which MOS you would want to lat move into, find out if it's open and start your package!

Beltayn
04-19-10, 09:26 PM
Boatspaces are pretty rough for Active Duty for the near future. I'd suggest acting early once you know what you want.