PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pre Viet era Buddy

jakem
04-18-10, 10:11 AM
Looking for anyone that knows Buddy Lamar Higdon, last known rank Sgt, last known duty station Smedly D.Butler Oki. Joined in '60, hometown Odessa Tx. One true Gung Ho Marine.

Simper Fi

Jake Moore
Austin Texas

ssgtbam
09-15-10, 08:15 AM
If this Marine was a recruiter in Albany, Oregon...he was my Recruiter! That would have been in 1979. He was Master Gunnery Sergeant Buddy L. Higdon....I may have some leads on his whereabouts...I hope! Would sure like to contact him and thank him for making such a difference in my life! For sure was GungHo!

pgeuvens
10-19-10, 02:29 AM
Hi Jake

Bud Higdon was my CEO about 10 years ago and a very good friend since then. Unfortunally he passed away about sept.22nd 2010 after a long struggle against cancer. He made a great impact on many lives, including mine.

Patrick

ssgtbam
10-24-10, 01:32 PM
While my search for my Recruiter is over (as this Marine was indeed my Recruiter), I will say that I heard of his death last week, and was truly saddened by the news. I know that he fought the good fight, and was able to receive my message through his wife (gotta love modern technology of email).

He will continue to hold a dear spot in my life and the impact on my family will be felt forever!

MEMORY ETERNAL, Bud!

See you on the other side!

Patricia Moritz, USMC