PDA

View Full Version : got in trouble ?

Oohrah Devildog
04-15-10, 05:12 PM
Ok so here we go Marines Im writing this because as a kid I got in trouble riding my dirt bike in a private park. Where I fell and got hurt went to the doctor was ok just bruised up. later that evening the owner of the park told the cops and they called my house and told my father to come down to the station because I was being Arrested for property damage. We got there long story short, they gave my father and I a court date and my dad had to pay a fine for the grass " I " damaged I fell on the street btw. told my recruiter and he said my record came up clean and clear but some how I feel that maybe something was missed I ship out may 10th and I don't want to get to PI to be sent home for nonsense what should i do ?? Thank you Marines for your help

Lisa 23
04-15-10, 05:19 PM
You told your recruiter about the incident and your record came back clean and clear, so what are you worrying about?

TinDragon
04-15-10, 05:21 PM
How old were you? Was it a misdemeanor, and did it apply to you or your dad?

The fact that you're still worried even after your recruiter said you're fine tells me one of two things... 1) You don't trust the Marine trying to get you in, or 2) You're leaving some information out.

Oohrah Devildog
04-15-10, 05:24 PM
I was just making sure I had my IST last week got the Drill Instructors and everything and they kept going on and on about people lying about there records and stuff I have never lied about anything been 100% honest to the Marines. This is just something I want more then anything just don't want something dumb pushing it back just making sure every little detail is good to go with no problems.

Oohrah Devildog
04-15-10, 05:27 PM
I was 15 or 16 they gave mi dad a ticket for allowing me to drive a motor vehicle without a license and a fine to fix the grass Im unsure if I was even charged but i do know when I applied to the...

Lisa 23
04-15-10, 05:34 PM
If anything was going to show up, it would've when your recruiter did your background check. You told your recruiter and everything came up clean and clear. Your dad was the one who got the ticket and fine, not you. So, to me, there's nothing to worry about.

Oohrah Devildog
04-16-10, 01:52 AM
Your probably correct WMarine. My whole family is in the NYPD and they said something may come up they weren't sure. I just feel as if I don't pressure my recruiter into looking into it a little more that ill somehow get screwed when I leave for bootcamp I have heard stories about people being sent home right before graduation because of something that was missed or never told. And on the other hand my recruiter keeps telling me that I had a very in depth background check because I received clearance for security forces 03xx is this correct ? maybe its just my nerves for boot camp lol

Phantom Blooper
04-16-10, 06:03 AM
I would worry about paying my dad back!:evilgrin:

Oohrah Devildog
04-16-10, 06:39 AM
Yes Sir I sure did trust me

bigdog43701
04-16-10, 06:59 AM
POOLEE....Juvenile Laws in the US are set up with the thinking "kids" make mistakes. The fact that your father received a citation for allowing an unlicenced person to operate a motor vehicle, when he knew it, is the course of action in this incident. he also being required to pay for "damage" caused by you is also correct.

in most states a Juvenile record is "sealed" when that juvenile turns 18, barring a conviction of something such as murder. If you informed your Recruiter of this, and he did a background check on you and it come up nothing in file then you did NOT lie or falsify you enlistment contract.

Lisa 23
04-16-10, 07:39 AM
When they do a background check, they do do a very in depth background check.
Like bigdog43701 said, you told your recruiter, the background check was done and you didn't lie or falsify your enlistment contract.
Now it's time to focus on getting yourself prepared for boot camp. :thumbup:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-16-10, 08:15 PM
Your fine. Ship with confidence. You've 'spilled' as much as possible and nothing is going to come back and 'bite' you.

Good luck!