PDA

View Full Version : Logo

meat_on_a_rope
08-16-02, 02:38 PM
Ok first let me start by saying I am not a Marine. I feel like an outsider here in this forum. I was 95B Military Police in the Army. I was attached to an SRT Airborne unit at Ft Bragg NC. I trained along side Marine MPs and MSGs and have quite a few friends who are marines. Now that thats out of the way.
I run a fitness boot camp. Im geting new business cards printed up and I want a new hard core logo. What Im looking for is a Bull dog or German Shepard that is wearing BDUs, campain cover, and is really muscular. If you have somthing like that or know where I can get it please e-mail me at glock30gunner@aol.com I have been searching for this for about 3 days now so any help you could provide would be great. Thanks for your time.

Sixguns
08-16-02, 03:57 PM
Please do not use USMC sergeant chevrons in this forum. As a Marine, I take offense to the fact that you use the sergeant's chevrons as if they were earned by you. I'm not sure what MPs and MSG Marines you may have trained with, but I am sure they never said "it's ok to use our chevrons." Now that I have that out of the way....

The logo you refer to is easily available all over the Marine Corps and is quite common. Seeing as our service mascot is a Bulldog it tends to be a popular piece of artwork. Remember, artwork is most often times copyrighted or registered which means you will have to pay a fee to use it, especially if you are going to use it in your company forms and cards. I know your service logo is a donkey, maybe you can incorporate it into your logo. Do you think it is proper to use a USMC logo to promote your business?? Having had prior Army service, maybe you can call it "Sarge's Military Training and Conditioning." (I don't own rights to that name and freely give you permission to use it). I recommend you play off your Army service rather than try to associate with the Marine Corps.

Respectfully,

meat_on_a_rope
08-19-02, 09:38 AM
Well thats some great advise, but I am going to have to decline. My boss the one who devolped the program is a former Marine. Second If you dont like my using of the sgt chevrons find me a pair of Army ones and I will use them. It seems kinda sad that it should matter. We all in this box together. Marine MPs go to Ft lostinthe Woods MO for the MP training just like Army MPs do. out SRT units worked hand and hand with Marine MSG's So whining about what one branch has and what one doesnt, and dont wear those chevrons cuz it might hurt my feelings sounds sissy like. We had Marines going though Ranger school while I was there. They got the Ranger tab. Does that mean I should be upset becuz its an army decoration? Or how about the Jump wings? Those have been the Army since the first airborne units from WWII. Im not upset becuz I see Marines using them. We need to stop seperating our selfs from each other. We are all in the Military and we all do a vital job in the chain, are job is to preserve freedom. Not whine about "you borowed my shoes with out asking" little girs do that.

Barrio_rat
08-19-02, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by meat_on_a_rope
...If you dont like my using of the sgt chevrons find me a pair of Army ones and I will use them. It seems kinda sad that it should matter.... Marine MPs go to Ft lostinthe Woods MO for the MP training just like Army MPs do. out SRT units worked hand and hand with Marine MSG's So whining about what one branch has and what one doesnt, and dont wear those chevrons cuz it might hurt my feelings sounds sissy like. We had Marines going though Ranger school while I was there. They got the Ranger tab. Does that mean I should be upset becuz its an army decoration? Or how about the Jump wings? Those have been the Army since the first airborne units from WWII. Im not upset becuz I see Marines using them. We need to stop seperating our selfs from each other. We are all in the Military and we all do a vital job in the chain, are job is to preserve freedom. Not whine about "you borowed my shoes with out asking" little girs do that.

Well, I'm just gonna have to put in my two cents. First off, I don't know of any Marine who ever wore a Ranger Tab or Jump Wings who did not first go through the school and earn them. I actually knew the first (and at the time only) WM to wear Jump Wings.. She earned them. You may have a point about the rank insignia. It is all USMC and there is nothing for people who served with another branch of military. Then again, this is a Marine site. For, of and by Marines. I've served with Army, Navy and Air Force and not one time did any of us ‘share' uniforms, articles of or decorations for that uniform. (Except for an occasional corpsman who'd have a funky looking crow on his ‘Charlies'). The only time an insignia or award was worn from another branch is when it was earned. You did not go to USMC Boot Camp and you did not serve in the FMF, therefore you do not rate those things of and by the USMC. Just as most of us did not serve in the Army, we do not use or carry those things we did not earn from it.

As for the logo you are looking for. Try some K-9 sites, especially if you are looking for a German Shepard. You may be able to modify it or take it to a print shop that can tailor it for your business.

Havelka
08-19-02, 11:35 AM
Meat-on-a-roap!!!!!!!!!
I hope you find the correct Army chevrons you rate as you don't
rate to use ours.If you have to ware ours join the CORPS and earn them like we did!!!!!!!
Semper Fi:evilgrin: :evilgrin: