PDA

View Full Version : I had my C&P exam today....

lmholmes11
04-07-10, 05:05 PM
It was a full day for me at the VA center. First I had my TBI/Migrain exam, then my PTSD exam, and then finally my hearing/tinnitus exam.

The TBI exam went fairly well, as the physician was nice and actually cared about me and my treatment. The PTSD exam was a different story. I figured it would take at least a couple of hours to complete. I went in, handed him extra evidence, such as a stress letter, pictures of my vehicle that was hit by an IED, etc. He asked a couple of questions and that was that....30 minutes in and out. Should I be concerned? I don't like that it only took 30 minutes. I mean...in a way i'm relieved, but then again i'm not. I am already going to request the doctors notes probably next week. What do you guys recommend I do? Or am I worrying about nothing. It just doesn't make sence that my TBI exam was more for my TBI AND PTSD.

lmholmes11
04-08-10, 05:49 PM
anyone?

Rocky C
04-08-10, 06:01 PM
Don't Know what to think of that???
My C&P for PTSD was almost 3 hours of H*LL.

Phantom Blooper
04-08-10, 06:07 PM
That is about an average time....you may have got more minutes than others.

You have to remember there are others that they have scheduled also to see the doctor.

Also between...breaks....lunch...and head calls.....thirty minutes is a good time.

I got fifteen in North Carolina.

I don't feel you are worrying about nothing....but you do not want to contact them for any records....I stress that.

Wait until the decision is made.....if you pester and bother them they may not rule in your favor.

It is hard to do but live your daily life and give them time....once the doctors give the findings it has to go to adjucation...then it will go to about three desks for approval and the final signature...then to the mail clerk.

Due to weekends and the above breaks...decisions can take six months or longer due to the current influx of veterans applying for veterans benefits.

Give it time and before you contact them yourself....go to your county veterans services or a veterans service organization and ask them to do it for you....it looks better on your part.

Good luck!:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
04-08-10, 06:14 PM
I am remiss in not saying the total C&P can last for hours.....but one doctor or shrink is about average time as described.:evilgrin:

Riven37
04-09-10, 08:24 AM
Don't be concern all my comp exams all had taken 5 minuets over the years. My newest comp exam was last month for my heart all taken 5 minuets too. The VA already knows what they're going to do with vets before the vets fully understands the process. This is why you have an appeals process get it.

It was a full day for me at the VA center. First I had my TBI/Migrain exam, then my PTSD exam, and then finally my hearing/tinnitus exam.

The TBI exam went fairly well, as the physician was nice and actually cared about me and my treatment. The PTSD exam was a different story. I figured it would take at least a couple of hours to complete. I went in, handed him extra evidence, such as a stress letter, pictures of my vehicle that was hit by an IED, etc. He asked a couple of questions and that was that....30 minutes in and out. Should I be concerned? I don't like that it only took 30 minutes. I mean...in a way i'm relieved, but then again i'm not. I am already going to request the doctors notes probably next week. What do you guys recommend I do? Or am I worrying about nothing. It just doesn't make sence that my TBI exam was more for my TBI AND PTSD.

kaelobo
04-09-10, 08:28 AM
Mine was 15 min,i thought dam this is bull, ididnt know it was a c&p .i remember thinking this creep is a jerk, his progress report on me was just about the same ,never got to tell or show ,i think after time and .theripest session atleast once aweek. than you will have something to bring to the table.your service rep should be your leader. i used dav, find a good one, my service rep told me at first day of claim to do my home work. and idid good luck, usmc

Troutzilla
04-09-10, 09:59 AM
Mine was about an hour....I guess it all comes down to the questions that the Dr. asked and how you responded. I wouldn't worry about it at this point and just let it all play out...you can always appeal any decision the VA gives you.

Deduke
04-09-10, 12:01 PM
It seems likely that the examiner was cutting you some slack by not going through the entire list of questions. He may have seen that you were scheduled for a TBI C&P and thought that you already had a long day.

As for your records, do not fail to get a copy of every piece of information in your record. Wait a week or 10 days, then request a copy of the examiner's notes. You will probably be required to get a "Blue sheet" signed by a shrinkologist before they will release anything about your PTSD, but that only takes a few minutes. Go to the Release Of Information office, fill out a little form, and request your entire C file. I always wait in the guys office for him to print out what I am asking for. If you let them mail it to you, it will take 6 weeks because your request gets put behind the guy like me.

FistFu68
04-09-10, 01:16 PM
:evilgrin: You'll be fine "Remember the wheel that makes the most noise get's the Grease"...Goodluck Thanks for serving our Country...S/F :iwo:

lmholmes11
04-09-10, 03:58 PM
you do not want to contact them for any records....I stress that.

Wait until the decision is made.....if you pester and bother them they may not rule in your favor.

I was told by the release of information office at my local VAMC where my C&P was conducted, that they dont even go to the doctors to get the records, they have access to them on their computer system.

Do you still recommend not asking for them?

Phantom Blooper
04-09-10, 04:07 PM
I was told by the release of information office at my local VAMC where my C&P was conducted, that they dont even go to the doctors to get the records, they have access to them on their computer system.

Do you still recommend not asking for them?

No since it was conducted at the VA hospital in your area....my C&P was originally at VARO in Winston Salem,NC and it was stressed to me way back then not to contact them and let them do what they were going to do and I was not satisfied to appeal.

However since yours was at a VAMC with access to release of information I concur that you should get the copy from them.

I would still say though after getting what those doctors said....to contact nobody until a reasonable length of time and then go through a service representative or veterans organization.

hbharrison
04-09-10, 05:38 PM
Went on first C&P for knees waiting for secound on heart and PTSD been about three weeks so far first lasted two hours by the time they had me twisted in knots they said they would let me know. I have had the VFW people working with me so if they try and screw me over I have someone who knows the ropes and can bite back. It works!!:D

lmholmes11
04-10-10, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep updating this post

Rocky C
04-10-10, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep updating this post

:usmc::thumbup::usmc:

kaelobo
04-11-10, 12:44 AM
I just received the manila envelope from the VA my rating decision,i did not know that you could receive 100% money and only be 80%rating. that is what it says,im confused maybe someone out there ,can help me thank you........usmc

kfisbusy
04-11-10, 01:24 AM
:evilgrin:I am still fighting to get mine done. I asked some of the guys at our ptsd meetings how they got thiers done and they said to use the D.V.A. and forget the rest of them. So now I took all my copies to the D.V.A. last week and they took copeis of them told me to give two weeks and I should know some thing by then. SSGT. Francisco.:flag::iwo:.

Phantom Blooper
04-11-10, 04:46 AM
I just received the manila envelope from the VA my rating decision,i did not know that you could receive 100% money and only be 80%rating. that is what it says,im confused maybe someone out there ,can help me thank you........usmc

You are more than likely getting 70% for PTSD and 10% for another disability for the combined 80%....

The VA has determined that you are unable to work and hold a substantial job as an alternate form of income so they are paying you as 100% and have determined that you are unemployable.

Periodically the VA will call you back in...about two two years to see if the findings are still correct....if so they will make you permanent and total if your letter does not say you are already.:evilgrin:

kaelobo
04-11-10, 10:51 AM
phantom thanks for your input, you said all most word for word what is in the letter from the VA,i was 80% before the appeal. took a year for this to come back. but it was suppose to be a hearing,they made a decision without it i guess. one more question, when i was in quang tri riding in the back off a deuce and half we were going up a pretty steep hill ,the driver missed a gear slam on breaks tail gate open,4 marines slid out it was raining .we were all geared up, hurt my back have x rays at va hostp is that something i could claim.and while we are on the subject iam sure there are marines out there that mite have the same same one sunny afternoon over there.there was an explosion close knock me off my feet ,ears bleed ,after that day i got headaches and now i get headaches everyday.you know i dealt with this stuff ,long time ,iguess iam geting old cause they are starting to bother me all day ever day. thanks again for your reply. .....................usmc :usmc:

Phantom Blooper
04-11-10, 03:37 PM
You can go for a percentage hearing for any service connected disability.

My SC is set at 120% for SC connected disabilities over the years that some of the disabilities caused residual side effects.

This can be done now that they have given you your rating.

But the money received on your end will still stay at 100% with it not going any higher.

When I meet my demise...in my estate package...will,POA ect....is a note to my executor who right now is my wife....to make sure that somewhere as the cause of death unless an accident or Act of God....that the sawbones puts on the certificate something pertaining to my service connection as cause of death.

This will help after the funeral and the settling takes place...when instructed to go to the service representative or county representative with DIC (Death Indemnity Compensation that your spouse....if married...is entitled to...along with military benefits.

kaelobo
04-11-10, 06:39 PM
thanks again for the info, you know my goal was to get the 100% money plus total dis sc. now that i got it ,i don't feel any relief in my mind,or when i try to sleep. the gain of a check every mth works but i thought things would change in me .,i guess wifee mite have a different felling, thanks bro......................usmc

Phantom Blooper
04-11-10, 08:58 PM
The money is nice....but I would really love to have my life back....not to normal....because I don't know what that is....

I would like to be able to go to bed and sleep at least two hours without waking up or having a nightmare.

I would really like to go somewhere and not be on constant alert and hyper viligiance.....but none of this is going to happen.

So besides my medical appointments for physical ailments....I have resigned myself since 1989 that my job is to take my meds...go to my shrink appointments and go to my Vet Center groups....

It can always get worse....but it isn't going to get any better....but I'll except the happy medium in the role of life.

When the eagle shiats and anyone out of my realm and brotherhood asks me about it....or what type of work I do...I tell them when I was 18 years old...I made an investment and now it has finally paid off....if they persist I usually walk away so I do not put a wrath upon them and wind up on a shrink ward in the hospital or the lockup downtown.

The money is nice as I said...but I could probally make more if the VA would allow me to have a public job....so I'll leave it with...it is what it is.

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Riven37
04-12-10, 10:36 AM
Most likely you now have 20 % unemployability which will give you are pay rate at 100 % until Obama changes this in his new financial bill that's coming .

Riven37
04-12-10, 10:43 AM
This year the DAV is going after an increase on Service Connected Disability at 100 % $2500 isn't enough income to live on in this day and age with all the high taxes and those that are coming like that National Sales tax all rolled into this VAT tax. All SCD 100 % Vets needs more money period ! I like to see it raised for us who can't never ever work again raise it to 5,00 per month I can live on $60.000, I struggle on $43,000.

FistFu68
04-12-10, 01:49 PM
:evilgrin: Riven you mentioned earlier that Obama and His Crooks were up too something about our Veteran Benefits,what do the Bastards propose too do.Whats the Latest Scuttlebutt Bro??? :usmc: :iwo:

Rocky C
04-12-10, 02:33 PM
The money is nice....but I would really love to have my life back....not to normal....because I don't know what that is....

I would like to be able to go to bed and sleep at least two hours without waking up or having a nightmare.

I would really like to go somewhere and not be on constant alert and hyper viligiance.....but none of this is going to happen.

So besides my medical appointments for physical ailments....I have resigned myself since 1989 that my job is to take my meds...go to my shrink appointments and go to my Vet Center groups....

It can always get worse....but it isn't going to get any better....but I'll except the happy medium in the role of life.

When the eagle shiats and anyone out of my realm and brotherhood asks me about it....or what type of work I do...I tell them when I was 18 years old...I made an investment and now it has finally paid off....if they persist I usually walk away so I do not put a wrath upon them and wind up on a shrink ward in the hospital or the lockup downtown.

The money is nice as I said...but I could probally make more if the VA would allow me to have a public job....so I'll leave it with...it is what it is.

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Well said Chuck :thumbup:.
It is what it is.............Brother!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Rocky C
04-12-10, 02:39 PM
:evilgrin: Riven you mentioned earlier that Obama and His Crooks were up too something about our Veteran Benefits,what do the Bastards propose too do.Whats the Latest Scuttlebutt Bro??? :iwo:

I heard this Jack.

The Turds are talking about if you receive SC Compensation and Social Security or Social Security Disability Payments they want to deduct what you get from SS from SC and then we are left with SHIAT!!!:evilgrin:

Semper Fi,
Rocky

FistFu68
04-12-10, 02:46 PM
:evilgrin: Those rotten Bastards they give themselves raises but Fuc us.The next time they throw a War no one should show Up...Un fucing Believeable :mad: :iwo:

Rocky C
04-12-10, 02:52 PM
:evilgrin: Those rotten Bastards they give themselves raises but Fuc us.The next time they throw a War no one should show Up...Un fucing Believeable :mad: :iwo:

I know Brother and not to give us All a Bad Day but there talking about No COLA for another 4 years just like this year.

FistFu68
04-12-10, 03:29 PM
:evilgrin: Can't really say whats on my mind!!! The same mutha Fucers that were spitting on Us when We came back from NAM are the Common Mutha Fucers that are running this Country now.From Elementary Schools too the Fucing White House...this Chit has hit the Point of Insanity.:sick: :iwo: