PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Marines

Cflinspach
04-06-10, 01:51 PM
Rah gents,
I'm running the Marine Corps Marathon this year for the Wounded warriors fund.

Can anyone donate?

Donate! (http://www.active.com/donate/semperfifundMCM2010/caseyflinspach)

echo3oscar1833
04-06-10, 02:21 PM
Hey bro can you do us a favor and actually fill out your profile. That way we know who we are talking to, no one is going to donate any money unless they know who you are, and that your link is ligit. Semper :marine:

Cflinspach
04-06-10, 02:32 PM
Ah my bad, I'm cpl Flinspach I work in the navy annex. The link is legit.... I'm trying to out raise the contractors in my shop.

Quinbo
04-06-10, 02:35 PM
What Navy Annex?

Cflinspach
04-06-10, 02:42 PM
The one next to the Pentagon...

tdrt
04-06-10, 02:49 PM
The one next to the Pentagon...

I used to work in that old decrepit building -- thought they would have torn in down by now.

Cflinspach
04-06-10, 02:51 PM
Not yet, I just got here and there's like a million and a half civilians who think they can out raise me. They're done son!

tdrt
04-06-10, 03:00 PM
Ya, there were certainly a lot of civilians. I just ignored them because, well, I'm a b*tch. LOL

Cflinspach
04-07-10, 07:13 AM
So this thread is up to 105 views and Still no money raised....

FistFu68
04-07-10, 09:54 AM
:usmc: Are you a member of the VFW,or American Legion,Dav,MOPH or a Service organzation?If so Run it by them as far as Contributions in that area.Or run a small add in an Arlington Paper or the Washington Post.Hold a Raffle on some Frozen Turkeys at the Local Gin Mill's.Post it on the board at all the Local Fire Dept's and Police stations in Arlington and Alexandria.Alot of Vets in that part of the world.:beer: :iwo:

zx6rdr
04-07-10, 10:25 AM
General?????????

Age 22, boot camp????????

<LI class=profilefield_category>About Cflinspach <DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade>First Name <DD>Casey <DT class=shade>Last Name <DD>Flinspach <DT class=shade>Rank <DD>E-4 <DT class=shade>Do you own a business? <DD>No <DT class=shade>Where did you attend bootcamp? <DD>MCRD San Diego <DT class=shade>What date did you graduate bootcamp? <DD>Jan 5, 2007 <DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine corps <DD>2006 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service <DT class=shade>Wars and conflicts you were in involved in? <DD>Enduring Freedom <DT class=shade>Combat History <DD>COP LOWELL </DD></DL>

TinDragon
04-07-10, 10:34 AM
It's just an avatar, he clearly stated in his profile that he's an E-4.

ameriken
04-07-10, 10:42 AM
Considering all the spammers and frauds out there that pop in on Leatherneck, and considering the fact that he has never posted a thing until he asked for money, I would say that perhaps all of us here are maybe a bit skeptical about donating money to a stranger we do not know.

I love to donate to various causes, but in this case I feel quite comfortable in my skepticism.

Quinbo
04-07-10, 11:19 AM
I've searched but can find nothing indicating there is a wounded warriors telethon involved with the MC Marathon.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100331062349zzzz.nb/topstory.html

If you wish to donate directly to the wounded warriors program you can start here.

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/view/627/924/

General Corporal or Corporal General you should just just set a run time pool and donate the proceeds to the wounded warrior fund.

I too am skeptical Ken.

Cflinspach
04-07-10, 12:15 PM
Its for the SEMPER FI FUND. And yes my avatar is a general, because it was an option and I thought it was funny. Heres a link to the semper fi fund and my team's donation page!

http://www.semperfifund.org/

Also heres a link to the same funraiser they did last year.

http://www.semperfifund.org/team/mcm/2009/2009_mcm_updates.html

This is not fake and if you don't belive me, look me up in the GAL and give me a call.

ameriken
04-07-10, 01:14 PM
I dont doubt the Semper Fi Fund. I doubt the 'active giving' website set up in your name. My donation should go directly to the Semper Fi Fund in their name. I know of no charitable organizations that allow a donation to go to a website set up by an individual.

I also question why your first post says it's for the Wounded Warrior fund, and now you say it's for the Semper Fi Fund.

Also, I don't know of any Marines who find it to be a joke to place another rank, especially a Four Star General as their avatar. Marines are proud of their rank, be they a private or a General.

My skepticism continues to freely abound.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/misc/images_ln/spacer.gif

ameriken
04-07-10, 01:16 PM
Total Donations: $0.00
Goal: $10,000

Zero? I guess I'm not the only skeptical one.

ecfree
04-07-10, 03:47 PM
I dont doubt the Semper Fi Fund. I doubt the 'active giving' website set up in your name. My donation should go directly to the Semper Fi Fund in their name. I know of no charitable organizations that allow a donation to go to a website set up by an individual.

I also question why your first post says it's for the Wounded Warrior fund, and now you say it's for the Semper Fi Fund.

Also, I don't know of any Marines who find it to be a joke to place another rank, especially a Four Star General as their avatar. Marines are proud of their rank, be they a private or a General.

DITTO:thumbdown:thumbdown

Lisa 23
04-07-10, 05:07 PM

Ditto for me also.

USNAviator
04-07-10, 05:31 PM
I'm not doubting your word but like others I'd like to see some contributions from your friends in the D.C. area, to at least kick off the fund. Maybe you could start the ball rolling? At least that's a show of faith

BTW, I was stationed at the Pentagon from '91-'98, use to go over to the Navy Yard from time to time. They had this great park with about 20-30 bronze cannons, quite impressive. Can't think of the parks name, you must know the one I mean?

Socal2361
04-07-10, 07:50 PM

Agreed, put your real rank or something else. Have some class.

sdk87to91
04-08-10, 12:40 PM
I ran the Marine Corps Marathon in '89. It was in November then so you still have plenty of time to build your credibility. Good luck and check back around October first and I may donate if you arent calling yourself a General anymore.

A Captain organized about 30 of us from the So Cal area; and somehow he got us orders, so he could get us a plane and barracks in Quantico for a week.
It was definitley one of the highlights of my time in the Corps. They had a beer wagon at the finish which was at the Marine Corps Memorial.

There was a very slow walking start, it took me about 10 minutes to even cross the starting line.

I turned 21 about 2 weeks before the event so I remember enjoying several other beers that week, in Quantico.

All summer and fall, I ran about 12-15 miles about 4 or 5 times a week around El Toro and Tustin.
Since I had invested so much training time I went ahead and ran the Las Angeles Marathon about 4 months later. It was not nearly as fun.

For our return flight we had to take a bus up to Dulles where they weren't really aware of the marathon. It was hilarious to see the looks on the faces of the air force flight attendants who thought they must have done experiments on us or something. Imagine 30 Marines of various ranks all limping, hobbling, or walking backwards up the staris into the plane.

Quinbo
04-08-10, 01:18 PM
Great memory Sean!

I ran it when I was stationed in Quantico. There are prepatory races leading up to it every couple weeks. 10k's up to half marathons. If the lad is for real he should look into that.