PDA

View Full Version : Mct

derikdrock1989
04-05-10, 09:00 PM
Anyone want to tell me what i have in store for me at MCT. I leave in a week?

matrix0775
04-06-10, 12:36 AM
Alot of outstanding training,Pt, and alot of Humping to and from. Your going to learn alot in a short time. But hey I think you will like it. I mean I did but I went through (SOI) which is alonger period of training. Instead of 21 days in (MCT) I spent 3 months. Oh by the way you will find out what your real (MOS) will be there at (MCT) just before you leave. I know you were told an MOS job code by your recruitor. But he could only promise you a job in the 0400 field. Not a specific job period.. The main recruitor leaison will be there for you to discuss any questions.. Semper Fi

CplAllen
04-06-10, 05:23 AM
MCT was a very cool time for me. I went in the winter so it was cold as all hell. I'll never forget that first day when they woke us up and made us eat outside in the cold all huddled together. That was the moment that I figured it was going to an intense ride to the end. Very good times.

CplAllen
04-06-10, 05:25 AM
And,

like EVERYTHING else in the Marine Corps remember, everything is done for a reason. Good luck. Enjoy it because it is all what you make it.

xbh
04-07-10, 08:31 PM
I went to Pendleton for MCT. I didn't really like the first couple weeks. I think I was just bummed about leaving home. After I got over that, MCT got better. You get liberty every weekend which is cool. The last week you do the BSRE (Battle Skills Readiness Exercise) I believe is what it stands for. It's a lot of fun. It's like a mock war. You'll do vehicle check points, play as haji's, live in holes, etc. We did 3 hikes, they were all easy if you found the hikes in boot to be easy (none of them compared to the Reaper though). Your packs are a little bit heavier.

My buddies that went to MCT at Geiger didn't like it as much. They said it was freezing, they didn't get libo on weekends, and the instructors screwed with them a lot. The plus side is, yall don't have hills :D

Just be prepared to be treated somewhat like a recruit again. You're a junior Marine, but they don't necesarilly treat you as such. The combat instructors sometimes act like wannabe drill instructors, it's kind of sad. But you will learn a lot for them, they should have all been on multiple deployments. 4/6 my instructors were grunts and I respect all of them for what they taught me.

Socal2361
04-07-10, 08:36 PM
You know what MCT stands for Mass Consumption of Tobacco.

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 08:40 PM
MCT was fun, except for the night up on some mountian during a freezing rain storm. Other than that it was a blast, to me it was like a big camping trip. Eating and sleeping in the field, and getting to shoot big azz guns :D

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 08:45 PM
Anyone want to tell me what i have in store for me at MCT. I leave in a week?

If your going to west coast, on your weekend libo head over to the beach area for some boogie boarding. Its a blast, don't waste your time walking around Camp Area, and stuffing your face with junk food. Stay fit, and do something fun. We did boogie boarding every weekend we got libo. Also make sure you get a haircut each weekend. We had problems with guys not getting haircuts on the weekend, and doing absolutley nothing constructive.

Matlock09
04-07-10, 09:04 PM
Since you're going in the summer you'll have fun and its not that hard. I hated going in the winter. Just a tip learn the insides and outs on all the MRE types, there is a ton of money to be had if you know what you're doing.

usmc3521
04-07-10, 09:59 PM
Its only what 18 days? You will be fine. You will learn basic infantry skills and weapons, day and night land nav, night vision etc. dont expect libo though because of the short time frame. If they still do it you will have a 3 day war at the end. Have fun!! Geiger tigers lol

derikdrock1989
04-07-10, 10:37 PM
Yeh, im not excited about leaving my fiancee, but im excited about getting there to MCT and starting my next step. Sounds like a blast. The hikes in boot were not a problem at all, so im not worried about the hikes. I cant wait to shoot all the different types of weapons though.

Quinbo
04-08-10, 07:45 AM
Alot of outstanding training,Pt, and alot of Humping to and from. Your going to learn alot in a short time. But hey I think you will like it. I mean I did but I went through (SOI) which is alonger period of training. Instead of 21 days in (MCT) I spent 3 months. Oh by the way you will find out what your real (MOS) will be there at (MCT) just before you leave. I know you were told an MOS job code by your recruitor. But he could only promise you a job in the 0400 field. Not a specific job period.. The main recruitor leaison will be there for you to discuss any questions.. Semper Fi

Matrix? To me your post is more confusing than informative. That just sounds bizzare most of it.

spotts
04-08-10, 07:51 AM
In 1989 we went through MCT and then went through SOI. The joys of Camp Geiger. Lol

Nate catlett
04-08-10, 08:14 AM
Well get ready for I think 27 days of eating MRE's not showering, and walking everywhere. Your going to get treated like a recruit and at times it really sucks. I had a lot of fun though. I went in december and it rained the whole time, but I really felt like a Marine. I loved the humps and learning about and shooting the different weapon systems. Pick your instructors brains about anything you want to know because 9 times out of 10 they have been in for a minute and are very knowledgeable. You will have a good time just do what your told and when your told just like BC and you'll get through without a scratch and you'll be well-trained.

gwamo1
04-08-10, 09:20 AM
Libo on the weekends? Must be a west coast thing. We were too busy training to go to the beach for some fun in the sun....

Quinbo
04-08-10, 09:34 AM
Yes in I think 1990 the Marine Corps in their infinate wisdom decided that sending a infantryman to a basic infantry skillls course and then sending them to another infantry school was .... perish the thought and I hate to even utter this statement ... redundant.

So now you either go to MCT or if infantry directly to your MOS school SOI.

Everyone gets to wear a beret and every Marine is a rifleman.

benw2200
04-08-10, 09:01 PM
Your senior was Ssgt Barber? Haha awesome.. unless there are two of them, he was my kill hat when I went through. "the joker"..

Enrique2010
05-09-10, 03:24 PM
Nice, Im about to go through MCT June 1st. I have leave and RA right now. This was very knowledgeable.