PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Captain Kirk
04-04-10, 07:22 AM
Happy easter
LOST?

Luke 15:1-7 The Lost Sheep

Now the tax collectors and the sinners were coming near Him to listen to Him.
Both the Pharisees and the scribes began to grumble, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them," So He told them this parable, saying,” What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open pasture and go after the lost one until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbor saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!
I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over the 99 righteous people who need no repentance.

The Prodigal Son
Luke 15:11-32

And he sais, A man had two sons. The younger of tem said to his father, Father give me the share of the estate that falls to me. So he divided the wealth between them. And not many days later the younger son gathered everything together and went on a journey into a distant country, and there he squandered his estate with loose living. Now when he had spent everything, a severe famine occurred in that country and he began to be impoverished. So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him into the fields to feed the swine. And he would have gladly filled his stomach with the pods that the swine were eating, and no one was giving anything to him.
But when he came to his senses, he said, How many of my fathers hired men have more than enough bread, but I am dying here with hunger! I will get up and go to my father, and say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight; I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me as one of your hired men. So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him, And the son said to him, Father I have sinned against heaven and in your sight; II am no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his slaves, Quickly bring out the best robes and put them on him, and put the ring on his hand and sandals on his feet; and bring the fatted calf, kill it and lets celebrate; for this son of mine was dead and now has come to life again; he was lost and has been found. And they began to celebrate.

Each of us has been lost. Each has gone astray, we have dishonored ourselves, our families and God at sometime in our lives.

The Pharisees and the scribes were trying to please God with their religion and self righteousness. But these parables tell us a different story altogether.
Religion tells us to ignore the lost sheep because he is unworthy to be with the religious people. Jesus says the lost sheep is his first concern. Religion tells us that we cannot relate to the ungodly because we will be soiled by there filth. Jesus tells us that no matter how far we have fallen and even squandered all the Fathers blessings on loose living. God the Father still loves us and calls us sons of God.

It is apparent that Father God wants a relationship with us not a religion with us. Her wants us to be with him not spend all our time trying to impress him.

Do you have that kind of relationship with the Father? Have you fallen into the Pig pen of life? Do you feel unworthy? Father God is weeping for you and waiting longingly for your return. Jesus made that return possible through his sacrifice. His death and resurrection paid to clean the pig filth off of us, He washed away the stench, He cleaned up the stains from loose living and wrapped us in the robes of God’s righteousness and put the signet ring upon our finger that signifies we are the sons of the Father. He pit the sandals on our feet which signifies ownership of an estate. Father’s estate.

It is now time for the celebration; a party is waiting in your honor. Are you ready? Do you want to accept this wondrous free gift of inheritance? He is waiting, he is so excited for you to come back home. Don’t mind the mud and filth, don’t mind the stains fro m loose living. He already paid all those debts off and has forgotten them.

Now come to the Father, through Jesus who has made the way. Father loves you and welcomes you home. All the Angels of heaven celebrate with you and the Father your return to your inheritance.

Father God, we thank you for making a way where there seemed to be no way. For loving us despite our sins. For helping us begin to understand our inheritance in you. We come back to you gratefully accepting your free gifts and love. May all our days proclaim your love and mercy to all the Earth.

AMEN!

Happy Easter.

Rocky C
04-04-10, 07:44 AM
AMEN!

Happy Easter.

doc h fmf
04-04-10, 07:58 AM
AMEN, Happy Easter to all my brothers and sisters godbless you all.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF