PDA

View Full Version : Fort Sill Marines beware!

Reddog48
04-03-10, 04:27 PM
There is an insurance company located at the mall that is scamming young Marines and soldiers into buying expensive life insurance that they don't need. Unfortunatly my son fell for it. Fortunatly, he was able to cancel it and get his money back. I find this insurance agent's behavior very offensive.
New Marines, there is a long line of thugs looking to separate you from your money. Be aware!

usmc3521
04-03-10, 06:18 PM
fort sill bank was better know as 'fort steal". are they giving boots that bank still? Drop them like a bad habit asap and go to navy federal

Integrity57
04-03-10, 06:22 PM
There was a similar scam being run at one of the malls in Gurnee, IL which is the town that's next to Great Lakes Naval Base where Navy boot camp is. They had a bunch of young chicks in short skirts trying to get booters to buy bogus life-insurance policies.

TinDragon
04-03-10, 06:23 PM
Or any other bank besides Pacific Marine.

I could be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to the actual Fort, not the bank. Bank is bad though.

More on topic, down in Pensacola we had this retirement fund type deal that earned a lot of interest, and also doubled as a life insurance policy. Sounds like pretty much every location with new service members has places like that.