PDA

View Full Version : Is there any...

Whitey
04-02-10, 05:02 PM
active Lejeune MP NCO's or SNCO's on this forum?

Myself and 6 other NCO's and 1 SNCO from my battalion had an issue with a lance today that is an MP. PM me and I'll fill you in on him.

Quinbo
04-02-10, 05:21 PM
The only thing worse than a 2nd Lt. with a map and a compass is a Lcpl with a gun and a badge.

Fill us in ... what happened?

Kegler300
04-02-10, 05:29 PM
I know all of the MPs and civilian police officers here at Camp Lejeune. PM me.

tdrt
04-02-10, 05:32 PM
Aw, come on. Dish! Spill your guts. We are wise and knowledgeable.

Whitey
04-02-10, 05:33 PM
i'll only say this. we were "asvab waivers"

GSEMarine94
04-02-10, 08:53 PM
The only thing worse than a 2nd Lt. with a map and a compass is a Lcpl with a gun and a badge.

Fill us in ... what happened?

Hey I resemble that statement. :D

echo3oscar1833
04-02-10, 09:03 PM
reassemble, no thats not right, reenable, nope not that one either, reset, nope not that one, hell I give up :D

GSEMarine94
04-02-10, 09:10 PM
reassemble, no thats not right, reenable, nope not that one either, reset, nope not that one, hell I give up :D
Your spell check down too? :p

echo3oscar1833
04-02-10, 09:20 PM
Your spell check down too? :p

No I'm just retarded :D

AAV Crewchief
04-02-10, 10:22 PM
Can't spell WIMP without MP.

:D

Whitey
04-03-10, 10:33 AM
I sent you a message Master Guns I dont know if it made it your way though.

CplAllen
04-03-10, 10:39 AM
Your seriously not going to fill us in are you. Weak sauce Cpl.

sparkie
04-03-10, 10:50 AM
If it's on a need to know basis,,,,,,,we really need to know.

echo3oscar1833
04-03-10, 10:51 AM
I agree I'm on a need to know basis. :D Seriously dude let us know. :marine:

tdrt
04-03-10, 10:53 AM
If it's on a need to know basis,,,,,,,we really need to know.

Exactly. And you really need to tell us just to ease your mind.

So just ease your burden, spill your guts.

TinDragon
04-03-10, 10:54 AM
Give him a couple days to actually get whatever he's trying to get done rolling. Might be worried that the Lance is on the site.

Or he might just be holding out on us. I hope that's not the case. Haha.

echo3oscar1833
04-03-10, 10:58 AM
Exactly. And you really need to tell us just to ease your mind.

So just ease your burden, spill your guts.

I once read somewhere that talking about things will make u feel better :D

tdrt
04-03-10, 11:17 AM
Give him a couple days to actually get whatever he's trying to get done rolling. Might be worried that the Lance is on the site.

Or he might just be holding out on us. I hope that's not the case. Haha.

No need to give names.

I don't like to be teased! :D

CplAllen
04-03-10, 12:49 PM
Yea we don't need names. Just keywords. Drugs, AWOL, DUI etc.

tdrt
04-03-10, 01:25 PM
Who kicked whose ass...who got bent over...

Kegler300
04-03-10, 02:28 PM
I sent you a message Master Guns I dont know if it made it your way though.

Didn't get it, so you might want to try again.

sparkie
04-03-10, 06:35 PM
Since you won't talk,,,, we gotta make assumptions. Caught pizzing on his tires?

Whitey
04-05-10, 03:23 PM
Ok heres the story.

At 330 on Friday I was heading into Stone Bay for the range. All week none of the gaurds at the gate were actually checking ID's despite the fact the sign for it was out front and I was not in the mood to get my wallet and ID out just to have some troop wave me through.
Well the Marine at the gate stopped me and held up his fingers signifying in impromptu sign language "ID". As I'm rolling down my window and getting my ID out he says "I need to see that little white plastic thing in your wallet, you know, an ID." Being half asleep still and not really wanting to let him get to me I just let it go. I show him my ID and while doing so he says "I don't know how you missed the big freaking white sign out front that says ID checks, I understand 10% of the marine corps is asvab waivers"

lets just say I informed him of my rank, the dereliction of his fellow MP's to check our ID's all week, I informed of tact, where his place was in the Marine Corps in relation to mine and that he shouldn't even use such degrading language to any Marine because he has yet to rate it. I also told him I shall not hear of another occurrence where he did this to any other Marine ever again and lets just say according to 4 or 5 other Marines who rate blood stripes he gaffed myself and them off.

so keywords are:disrespectful, belligerent and untactful

thewookie
04-05-10, 03:57 PM
"I need to see that little white plastic thing in your wallet, you know, an ID." and even better,, "I don't know how you missed the big freaking white sign out front that says ID checks, I understand 10% of the marine corps is asvab waivers"

Funny sh*t, I like that. He was right: just because the other guys were sloppy there's no reason why you should expect it.

It's really no big deal, funny how the story begins by you saying that you were wrong. I bet his command will say the same thing, MP's stick together. Have your ID out, it's not rocket science -- it is soo easy, even a caveman can do it.

JWDevilDog
04-05-10, 05:16 PM
He was prolly just trying to get a laugh out of you with that remark. He was bored because he was on duty at 0330 and he just wanted to liven things up a bit. I doubt he mean't to offend you.

I was a little disappointed with this story, to be honest. I was expecting some grand, elaborate story of how he was on restriction, snuck out of base, tried coming back while hammered off his ass, and ended up fighting a whole group of guys from another unit.

echo3oscar1833
04-05-10, 05:52 PM
He was prolly just trying to get a laugh out of you with that remark. He was bored because he was on duty at 0330 and he just wanted to liven things up a bit. I doubt he mean't to offend you.

I was a little disappointed with this story, to be honest. I was expecting some grand, elaborate story of how he was on restriction, snuck out of base, tried coming back while hammered off his ass, and ended up fighting a whole group of guys from another unit.

That would have been more entertaining for sure :D

Zulu 36
04-05-10, 06:03 PM
So he's a little snotty mouthed. Make a complaint to the desk sergeant at PMO. We used to get them all the time (most are not accurate or founded, just like in civilian policing).

People who make complaints on cops tend to have a bad habit of jazzing up the event to make the cop look worse than they really were (and themselves more innocent than they really were). Internal checks into them, find the complaint inflated, thus the complainant is untrustworthy and lacks credibility, the complaint gets flushed. Had the complaint been 100% accurate, maybe the MP/cop would get something if they really broke the rules, even if the complainant was being an azzhole too.

Military people also seem to think the MPs on the gates are really enjoying themselves out there. Au contraire, it's boring, hot/cold, boring, repetitive, boring, boring, boring. Did I mention it was boring?

Whitey
04-06-10, 04:42 PM
i know its boring and mundane but why forget the basics of being a Marine. Tact and respect are essential parts of that imo.

Maybe I'm just starting to realize why sgt's were so disgruntled towards the group i came to the fleet with.

nightmare 1
04-06-10, 04:57 PM
any 8541's in country

TinDragon
04-06-10, 04:59 PM
I'd say it would have been no big deal - had the Lance shown some tact. Especially since I know my ID card shows my rank, so I'd assume yours does too... and what Lance is just gonna talk like that to some Corporal he doesn't actually know?

SGTBrentG
04-06-10, 06:46 PM
I had a couple run ins with LCpl MP's as well. They (these two in particular) thought they were Gods. One of them was at the gate at Camp Johnson when I was checking in for NCO school. I didn't get too much in to it, because I really wasn't in the mood to argue. I had just driven 900 miles. Too bad for him that a fellow student was an MP and a Sgt. The LCpl apologized profusely for his unacceptable behavior a couple days later when my new found friend had a little heart to heart with him! Outside of those two, I never had an issue with an MP. When I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood, the MP's used to come to my house when they got off work for the party!

Vandrel
04-06-10, 06:59 PM
Myself and 6 other NCO's and 1 SNCO from my battalion had an issue with a lance today that is an MP.

That one of the MP's slumming around Courthouse Bay for a easy ticket?

Garyius
04-06-10, 08:24 PM
I was an MP for a year in the army--short story but boring--and did law enforcement patrol.

The list of senior NCOs and O-3s and up who tried to rank you out of trouble was as long as my arm. Like almost every single time. Army E-9s (all army E-9s are SgtMajors, some are CSMs like Marine SgtMajs, the rest are SMss like MasterGuns) are treated like O-5s for housing and stuff, so they really get crazy on trying to punk MPs.

For some reason army warrants wouldn't try it unless they were girl officers.

Hint: "Hey (rank), it would shame me in front of my troops to (ticket/drunk driving), please give me a break" works 100% better than "I am a (rank)! You will let me go right Now!!"

benw2200
04-09-10, 09:54 AM

LOL!!