PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Pictures

colt59
04-02-10, 10:16 AM
General Louis H Wilson (26th Commandant of the Marine Corps) gave a wonderful toast at the 203rd Birthday Ball at Camp Lejeune in 1978.

"The wonderful love of a beautiful maid; the love of a staunch young man; the love of a baby, unafraid; have existed since time bagan. But the greatest of loves, the quintessence of loves, even greater than that of a mother, is the tender, passionate, infinite love, of one drunken Marine for another"

NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN!!

I've attached a picture of myself and LCPL John Conroy in the summer of 1979. We had sort-of crashed an NCO party off base and had consumed a quart of 100 proof Old Granddad between the two of us while playing volleyball and then started drinking beer (neither of us would remember the beer). John outlasted me by a beer. My squad leader's wife took this picture, because she thought it was so "sweet". I am inclined to agree. I still feel a warm feeling when I look at this picture. John will always be my brother and I will always love him.
The picture is grainy and out-of-focus, but I enlarged it to 8x10 and it hangs in my office with Gen Wilson's quote. By the way, General Wilson was the greatest commandant.

Alcohol was the cohesive glue between most Marines. I only knew two Marines that didn't drink and both were recovering alcoholics!!

If you have a good drunk Marine photo, post it here.

CplAllen
04-03-10, 06:13 AM
I have some great pics of me and the boys drinking in the Philippines during Cobra Gold. Ginebra I think. I'll try to post some later.

Quinbo
04-03-10, 06:22 AM
General Wilson had some famous daughters as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLaeRUsWr0