PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps stance on Pre-enlistment surgeries?

Acast1991
03-28-10, 12:04 PM
Hey all, i was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis in July of last year, and i had surgery this past december. It's a back surgery, but my surgeon said once everything heals it should be like i never had an issue. I was hoping to get some opinions as to whether or not the marines would take me with this kind of hardware

Lisa 23
03-28-10, 12:20 PM
How about taking the time to fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to. :thumbup: And you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums to.
Also, when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

Acast1991
03-28-10, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry for all the errors, and i didn't mean any disrespect to the Marines. Just read the forum rules as well, thank you for taking the time to post back

Rocky C
03-28-10, 12:37 PM
Hey all, i was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis in July of last year, and i had surgery this past december. It's a back surgery, but my surgeon said once everything heals it should be like i never had an issue. I was hoping to get some opinions as to whether or not the marines would take me with this kind of hardware

What kind of spondylolisthesis surgery did you have ??? posterior interlaminar fusion, in situ posterolateral fusion, in situ anterior fusion (ALIF), in situ circumferential fusion, instrumented posterolateral fusion, and surgical reduction with instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF).

That is some pretty serious surgery to correct that.

I am not a Doctor so all I can say is good health to you and ask the advice of your Doctor and a Recruiter.

We both know that you can suffer another slippage so why take the chance of your Good Health now.

Good Luck and Good Health to you and I'm glad you are Feeling better.:thumbup:

PS, Your From Newport, Rhode Island???
I Hang there all Summer on Thames Street!!!
Excellent!!!!!!!!

Acast1991
03-28-10, 12:52 PM
PLIF surgical reduction I believe, I feel ridiculous i should know what the terminology for my own surgery. It was a grade four slip, but he said once the nerves were decompressed then the real threat has been eliminated. that being incontinency. the bone slip itself was very firm when he looked at it, and the added screws are there to make sure it won't go any farther.. and thank you for your wishes, it was a long christmas that's for sure! and also for your post, I'm in the process of finding a recruiter to speak with, which is to my surprise, harder than i thought it would be!

Summers coming around, its still chilly here but the sun's coming out!

TazMatt
03-28-10, 05:39 PM
Forum Police back from MCL meeting and now is back to herself policing the forums.I had wondered what had happened as I saw a couple of post that weren't corrected the last few days.Welcome back WM Marine.