PDA

View Full Version : Base to enforce registration of certain dog breeds

Phantom Blooper
03-28-10, 07:31 AM
March 25, 2010 7:30 AM <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
<br />
Camp Lejeune residents who own prohibited dog breeds must register their pets and receive a waiver by April 1. <br />
<br />
Banned breeds, according to a base...

Old Marine
03-28-10, 09:39 AM
For all the Pit Bull lovers who believe that these dogs are so docile, why is it that we are always reading about someone being bitten or killed by these supposed great pets.

I say they should be outlawed in the U.S.

FistFu68
03-28-10, 09:47 AM
:evilgrin: I think alot of the Owners of these Dogs should be outlawed by buying them as Pups from the Git Go :evilgrin: :iwo:

Integrity57
03-28-10, 09:48 AM
They're just like children, it all depends on how you raise them. Some idiots like to raise them to be aggressive and mean but those two characteristics are not natural traits of any breed. Pit Bulls are as friendly and loving as any other breed, but when you have idiots like Micheal Vick who raise them to fight, of course they're going to get a bad image. And after that ******* went to prison all but 2 of his dogs were cleared with a good bill of health and adopted by other families, 1 of those 2 dogs that didn't get adopted was a breeding female who had not been properly cared for that had to be put down because of her health issues and the other was too skiddish to be around a family after so many years of abuse.

tdrt
03-28-10, 10:50 AM
They're just like children, it all depends on how you raise them. Some idiots like to raise them to be aggressive and mean but those two characteristics are not natural traits of any breed. Pit Bulls are as friendly and loving as any other breed, but when you have idiots like Micheal Vick who raise them to fight, of course they're going to get a bad image. And after that ******* went to prison all but 2 of his dogs were cleared with a good bill of health and adopted by other families, 1 of those 2 dogs that didn't get adopted was a breeding female who had not been properly cared for that had to be put down because of her health issues and the other was too skiddish to be around a family after so many years of abuse.

Yep -- it's how they're trained and treated. Any dog regardless of breed can be trained to attack or be vicious. And it is ultimately the pet owner's responsibility to ensure their pet is properly trained and safe.

echo3oscar1833
03-28-10, 11:23 AM
I hate pitbulls, and I agree that dog should be regulated more. Its proven that the majority of them are breed for for fighting, and that they are in fact a dangerous dog. I can't stand them, and would shoot one in the head if it ever tried attacking me or my family.

tdrt
03-28-10, 11:37 AM
I hate pitbulls, and I agree that dog should be regulated more. Its proven that the majority of them are breed for for fighting, and that they are in fact a dangerous dog. I can't stand them, and would shoot one in the head if it ever tried attacking me or my family.

Oh, no doubt I would do the same and shoot any animal that was attacking me or my family; but you said yourself, the majority of pitbulls are bred for fighting. Others are not, and it's not fair to base the disposition of an entire breed based on the irresponsibility of humans. But I can obviously see why anyone would be leary. Hell, I'd crap if I ever saw one coming towards me without knowing the background of the animal.

ggyoung
03-28-10, 12:15 PM
Any pit bull that comes within 100 yards of my house will be shot on the spot and my neighbors know this.

Komenko
03-28-10, 12:25 PM
How would you all feel if it were a German Shepard? they are more aggressive than a pit bull. as for the list of aggressive breeds 1st place goes to Rottweilers, 2nd is German Shepards and 3rd is Pit Bulls! and i agree with some of you that Pit Bulls got a bad rap from the Media and the people who raise them irresponsibility.

Danny C Smith
03-28-10, 04:21 PM
2 of my sons have been attacked by dogs.
Hunter was attacked by a rotweiller when he was 7.
Not seriously injured thank God.
Tanner when he was 4 by a "very docile" American Pit bull.
Both boys had bruises and punctures but again thank God it was no worse.
I got to the boys very fast and thankfully was not attacked myself.
Like to think my very loud voice had something to do with that.
Both were owned by close relatives and both dogs met a quick
humane demise.
I detest both breeds.
Defend the breeds all you want but it is in their nature.
In my personal opinion.

Smitty:usmc:

rb1651
03-28-10, 04:41 PM
I own a Rotweiller, (used to have her brother too, he had a heart attack and passed away), and she is the most docile dog I have ever owned, unless you make a move at my wife or myself. As many of you know, my Dad was a military dog handler, and I trained these dogs, as well as the German Shepards I've had, in the manner that my Dad taught me.

I understand peoples perception when it comes to my dog, and I will cage her if they ask, but once they are introduced to them, they find out that she is nothing more than Eore, unless you display extreme aggression or on command from myself or my wife to neutralize the threat. Again, it's how they're raised.