PDA

View Full Version : MCRD San Diego visits on weekdays?

emrliquidlife
03-25-10, 12:38 AM
I am taking my five year old daughter down to San Diego. While there, I'd like to show her MCRD. (Graduated Nov. 91 Plt 1075)

Is there a possibility of getting a tour or even getting on base? I'm sure I can find my pink card, but that expired years ago.

I know that Thursdays and Fridays are Go days, but I really only have Mon-Wed available.

Thanks for any input.

Ed

Hanzo
03-25-10, 08:50 AM
Officially, no. But when I lived in SD 2 years ago, it basically depended on the guard at the gate. Give it a shot, be respectful, explain that you're a Marine who graduated from MCRD/SD and you wanted to show your daughter the parade deck. You won't be allowed near the barracks or anything like that, but if you stay on the east side of the parade deck, I think you'd be ok. When I was in bootcamp, there used to always be cars parked next to the Grinder and our Drill Instructors explained that they were Marine Veterans who liked to come and watch recruits drill, so its not unheard of.

blackup
03-25-10, 12:17 PM
I am taking my five year old daughter down to San Diego. While there, I'd like to show her MCRD. (Graduated Nov. 91 Plt 1075)

Is there a possibility of getting a tour or even getting on base? I'm sure I can find my pink card, but that expired years ago.

I know that Thursdays and Fridays are Go days, but I really only have Mon-Wed available.

Thanks for any input.

Ed

Just tell the PMO that you're going to the museum, or the MCX.