PDA

View Full Version : Naval Ship Security

PooleeX
03-23-10, 08:55 PM
What field is this under,is it open, Is it possible to be stationed on a Nimitz class ship,can I fight something?:)

SlingerDun
03-23-10, 11:51 PM
Is it possible to be stationed on a Nimitz class ship,can I fight something?:)You can fight motion sickness but will more than likely succumb until you develop sea legs and a dynamic stomach

Sgt Leprechaun
03-24-10, 11:08 PM
I think you want "US Navy Recruiting" and search for "Master at Arms".

ameriken
03-24-10, 11:23 PM
I could be wrong but I dont think Marines are serving as security on ships anymore. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The best you may be able to do is if you are with an MEU and end up on ship with your unit going on a float somewhere.

thewookie
03-24-10, 11:25 PM
Correct, no more "sea security duty" for Marines. That ended somewhere between 95 - 97. The Navy handles their own security with their MA's.

ggyoung
03-25-10, 12:17 PM
The only way there will be a Marine Security on ship is if they bring back the nuclear weapons on ship. There are Marine squadrons on Nimitz class carriers. When I was on a Tiger Cruse on the Abe Lincoln CVS 72 with my son a few years ago I thought that the Nave MA's were a bunch of jerks. They would strut around in there Marine cammies like they owned the ship. Reminded me of the worthless chickens--t army mp's

PooleeX
03-25-10, 05:39 PM
Thats sad to hear,but there's plenty of other cool stuff to do in the Marines.Thanks for the answers Marines