PDA

View Full Version : Picking my MOS

Blackice
03-22-10, 09:49 AM
Hello my name is Justin and last Friday i got medically cleared by MEPS out in Brooklyn and i passed my ASVAB with a 70 scoring a MM(100) GT(106) EI(113) CL(120) and in 8 days i get my boot camp date and i pick my job i want to purse and hopefully i can get some personal opinions on the jobs I was looking at. If i graduate boot camp my recruiter says i will be a private first class becuase i have 13 college credits. But anyways has anyone ever done Riverine Assault Craft school? It looks awasome and I love swimming and the water but do they see any combat? Or is there purpose just to transport marines that are going into combat? I rather be in the fight than transporting. Also has anyone here ever try Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft school? Same question for this job. Does this job just transport Marines or do they fight? Thanks for reading your opinions will help a lot in better understanding these jobs.

polizei
03-22-10, 10:33 AM
PM a mod to get this moved to Ask a Marine. This section is for Marines only, and your question will not be answered here.

TinDragon
03-22-10, 10:37 AM
Holy run-on sentences, Batman.

CplAllen
03-23-10, 05:17 AM
My only advice to you is to choose something that you can gain a "professional" level skill at and also enjoy doing. The reason I say this is if you decide to get out when your EAS is up, you can take those skills and get a job in the civilian world. You'll have to do some more school but you will have a major foot in the door when you go to get that job.

Lisa 23
03-23-10, 07:58 AM
PM a mod to get this moved to Ask a Marine. This section is for Marines only, and your question will not be answered here.

This was already asked in the Ask A Marine forum yesterday, but got deleted because this person has no profile.