PDA

View Full Version : G.E.D+15 collage

determined2b
03-21-10, 06:02 PM
I start collage the 22nd of march. I dropped out of high school and I was told I need my G.E.D and 15 collage credits to be able to enlist. I know this is correct. I am taking 6 classes for my first semester. This is a total of 14 credits, i will have to wait for my 2nd semester to get that last credit. So my question is can i do D.E.P when i recive those 14 credits?

-thank you Marines.

DaGhost
03-21-10, 06:23 PM
First of all...It's damn good that you are going to school and getting those credits. 2nd it all depends on the Recruiting Station, they may or may not let you DEP. You are going to have to ask a...

Lisa 23
03-21-10, 06:54 PM
I start collage the 22nd of march. I dropped out of high school and I was told I need my G.E.D and 15 collage credits to be able to enlist. I know this is correct. I am taking 6 classes for my first semester. This is a total of 14 credits, i will have to wait for my 2nd semester to get that last credit. So my question is can i do D.E.P when i recive those 14 credits?

-thank you Marines.

Also, do you have any medical or criminal problems that may require a waiver?

determined2b
03-21-10, 07:00 PM
No sir. None of those problems..well i have to traffic tickets im trying to pay off. but ill have that done by the time i can enlist

Lisa 23
03-21-10, 07:06 PM
No sir.
You better take another look at my avatar and profile there young man. Don't take for granted that every Marine here is a male Marine.

None of those problems..well i have to traffic tickets im trying to pay off. but ill have that done by the time i can enlist

Just let your recruiter know that you're in the process of paying of traffic tickets, and don't lie about it, they will find out. What are the traffic tickets for?

determined2b
03-21-10, 07:10 PM
Sorry ma'am . One is for not wearing my seatbelt and the other is no proof of insurance.

DaGhost
03-21-10, 07:19 PM
Traffic Tickets are minor...as long as you don't have possession charges...Those tickets will have to be paid off though before any of the processing paperwork can begin.

Lisa 23
03-21-10, 07:19 PM
Sorry ma'am . One is for not wearing my seatbelt and the other is no proof of insurance.

You may require a waiver for your traffic violations.

United States Navy and Marine Corps
Criminal History Disqualifications
Minor Traffic Offenses

Regardless of state or local law, for enlistment purposes, the following offenses fall into the Category of Minor Traffic Offenses:

Blocking or retarding traffic.

Careless driving.

Crossing yellow line, driving left of center.

Disobeying traffic lights, signs, or signals.

Driving on shoulder.

Driving uninsured vehicle.

Driving with blocked vision.

Driving with expired plates or without plates.

Driving without license in possession.

Driving without registration or with improper registration.

Driving wrong way on one-way street.

Failure to have vehicle under control.

Failure to keep to right or in lane.

Failure to signal.

Failure to stop for or yield to pedestrian.

Failure to yield right-of-way.

Faulty equipment (defective exhaust, horn, lights, mirror, muffler, signal device, steering device, tailpipe, windshield wipers, and so forth).

Following too closely.

Improper backing: backing into intersection or highway; backing on expressway; backing over crosswalk.

Improper blowing of horn.

Improper parking: restricted area, fire hydrant, double parking, (excluding overtime parking).

Improper passing: Passing on right; in no-passing zone; improper lane change; passing stopped school bus with flashing lights; pedestrian in crosswalk.

Improper turn.

Invalid or unofficial inspection sticker; failure to display inspection sticker.

Leaving key in ignition.

License plates improperly displayed or not displayed.

Operating overloaded vehicle.

Racing, drag racing, contest for speed.

Speeding.

Spinning wheels, improper start.

Zigzagging or weaving in traffic.
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blusmccriminal-2.htm

determined2b
03-21-10, 07:21 PM
How do i get one?

DaGhost
03-21-10, 07:24 PM
I am a recruiter and those traffic tickets are minor, he will not require a waiver. Just pay the fines or the judge may dismiss them.

Lisa 23
03-21-10, 07:40 PM
I am a recruiter and those traffic tickets are minor, he will not require a waiver. Just pay the fines or the judge may dismiss them.
:thumbup:

Determined2b, just make sure you inform your recruiter about these traffic violations and get those fines payed as soon as possible.

DaGhost
03-21-10, 07:45 PM
If you do require a waiver for anything at all...Your recruiter would have to submit for one. It's pretty simple. I suggest that while you are enrolled in school, you start doing some community service type work, it helps your chances a whole heck of a lot. Start working out so you can past the initial IST with high scores Individual Strength Test, pull-ups the more the better, 100 crunches in 2 minutes, start running too. Also go to militarydotcom and create an account, and start taking practice ASVAB tests to familiarize yourself with the ASVAB. You will have to score high on the ASVAB a 50 or above AFQT (Armed Forces Qualification Test score)...You score in the 70s 80s you will be fine when it comes to a waiver if the Recruiting Station requires them for those minor traffic tickets. Where I recruit they dont require a waiver for those things, but elsewhere they might...

determined2b
03-21-10, 08:03 PM
ok. Thank you both for your input. I'll be sure to take care of those tickets ASAP.

-take care Marines.