PDA

View Full Version : A Wife Sounds Off -- Bad Leadership

thedrifter
09-04-03, 05:57 AM
A Wife Sounds Off -- Bad Leadership

Dear Col Hackwork,

I am writing in reference to the misgivings of 12th Aviation Brigade currently serving in Iraq. I am a spouse and also a former soldier of the U.S. Army and I have never in my 8 years of Military Service ever witnessed such lack of leadership as I have in the 12th Aviation Brigade. I am currently living in Giebelstadt Germany and a Company Family Readiness Group Leader. I have experienced extreme difficulties with the leadership's ability to support the families back in Germany.

I have a spouse whom is currently due to go into surgery on September 10th 2003 for a disk prolapse that is putting pressure on the spinal cord. The Neurosurgeon and the Flight Surgeon has requested that her husband be present in time for the surgery. The spouse has a ten year old daughter whom starts school on the the 2nd of September and will need adult supervision while the mother is in the hospital for approximately 10 to 12 days. The Brigade XO feels it is not necessary for the soldier to be home despite the request of the Neurosurgeon and Flight Surgeon. The female Brigade XO feels the FRG can take care of the spouse's daughter while she is out of commission for the next 2 months, never mind our own families that we must account for. I am sure this is small beans for the Brigade XO who has a lot on her plate with the briefings she must give to her female soldiers on abstinence and birth control.

The professionalism and leadership of this unit is nothing short of a smug grin and a poker match much like the Clinton Administration. This spouse in not the only one experiencing 12th Aviation Brigade diatribes. Another soldier is due to PCS in December and his spouse was told he only gets 45 days to PCS. According to the briefing that MG Wojadowski put out to the spouses was that all soldiers will have 90 days to PCS. Col. Hackworth I could go on for weeks with the misfortunes of this Brigade, but there is not enough space and time for that. As it is morale is weakening for soldiers in Iraq and I would not say it is due to the heat, I would say it is due to the pathetic leadership skills expressed by senior leaders today!

Sincerely

A Concerned Army Spouse

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Special%20Reports.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=26&rnd=977.8420016065554

Sempers,

Roger
:marine: