PDA

View Full Version : Rec Aid? Recruiting/RA

polizei
03-15-10, 02:42 PM
Hey Marines...trying to find out more info.

Short story, I was told I can do RA because I'm reserve, I think that would be a good way to earn some cash. I was told to call a SgtMaj. and ask about rec aid. Well, I can't seem to find out what that is, and I would like to find some information before I sound like a retarded LCpl reservists talking to a SgtMaj....

Anyone have some info?

usmcrro
03-15-10, 03:23 PM
It's like recruiting assistance. You will work at a local recruiting station up to 179 days (I think that is the max) and you'll help screen potential recruits and do other recruiting duties. If you got someone to enlist and you fill out the paper work, you can also get 20 points per person (max points is 100or 5 people) added to your cutting score under command recruiting bonus. I would get a hold of the recruiting station you would like to do RA for to if I were you.

polizei
03-15-10, 04:14 PM
I called the local RSS, and talked to a MyGySgt, he's the one who referred me to the SgtMaj.

Kegler300
03-15-10, 04:36 PM
There is also the Extended Active Duty (EAD) program for up to three years. but I believe you still have to be an NCO, and you have to go to recruiters school.

polizei
03-15-10, 04:57 PM
I don't want to do all that. I got home in September from training and haven't been able to find a "decent" job that I want. So, I was looking into this after one of my Sgt's said I could get payed to do it, and get comp points. Seemed interesting enough, and I wouldn't mind helping some nasty civilians try to get into the Corps. All in good fun though, I wouldn't be looking to do it for a while, plus I'm in school, which limits me as well.

Thanks for the responses...keep them coming!

Quinbo
03-15-10, 07:01 PM
You can also volunteer for ADSW orders. Reservists are called up all the time to perform funeral details. Yes you do get paid. Standing there listening to the euolgy of a fallen Marine can get tough. Recruiting offices and reserve centers are more than happy to activate you for a funeral detail. You should ask about it.

polizei
03-15-10, 08:58 PM
Oh we have plenty of funerals, and some community events, which I hope to get more involved in. However, my unit is almost an hour away, and most of the funerals, etc. are at least an hour and a half away. Now, that's not the end of the world I know...but I'm also not good at funerals, especially of a fallen Marine. I won't say I'm a wuss, but I just would rather not partake in that unless I need to. I'm sure you understand.

I just think it would be fun and rewarding to teach poolees and help them. I wish someone was there to help me when I was enlisting...

87davey
01-12-11, 02:34 PM
Rec Aid vs. RA: RA is a little more short-term (for active and reserve Marines) and you can get recruiting points to your score; Rec Aid is a bit more long term and you do not get referral points as you are in the employment of the office as a secondary recruiter. There are other differences as well: RA is applied through your unit to a station, Rec Aide is through a specific recruiting office and they contact your unit. Rec Aide is also a better deal for reservists and much easier to arrange, but you will still be required to drill and go to AT. EAD, or Extended Active Duty, is the next step up from Rec Aid, and is much more long term- 2 years minimum to be exact (but can be renewed). EAD will take a reservist, make him/her active for 2 years and send that Marine to recruiting school. I think you might still be required to attend drills during this as well. This is only for Corporals and above and only if you have experience on RA or Rec Aid, and you do get the B-Billet and MOS of a recruiter for EAD. I think I got it all....

ritter
01-12-11, 05:39 PM
You will not be required to drill or do AT becasue you are attached to the recurting command during rec aid.

87davey
07-21-11, 03:26 PM
That is correct, unless you, your unit, or recruiting command explicitly says you will attend drill weekends. It should be in the orders received. The game changes depending on your reserve unit's mission and what role your fulfill in it.