PDA

View Full Version : Dave would like this.

Osotogary
03-14-10, 10:42 PM
There was a Poolie Competition featuring all the representatives, Marine recruiters and poolies, from Vero Beach to Naples and all of South Florida. This event was held this last saturday at the Tradewinds Park located in Coconut Creek. I know that Cpl. Dave Blaylock would have enjoyed seeing the pictures that I took... I know that you will. There were three Drill Instructor's also in "ACTIVE" attendance and they certainly did not go unnoticed. You had to be there to appreciate the effort and noise level generated by Marines and poolies in their quest for competitive excellence. I was able to introduce myself to Drill Instructor Carmack. I mentioned to the Drill Instructor that I was a member of Leatherneck.com and that there were quite a few Women Marines members who wouldn't mind seeing a picture of a fellow Woman Marine. The Drill Instructor was very gracious and approving. One of the pictures shows part of a very long chow line. Of coarse, Poolies and parents ate first, followed by Marines, NCO's and Officers. The day was long and active. It was a good day...a good day that Cpl. Dave Blaylock would have truly enjoyed.

Osotogary
03-14-10, 10:46 PM
Here are some more photos.

Osotogary
03-14-10, 10:49 PM
That's it for now. Here's hoping that you all enjoyed the photos.

Lisa 23
03-14-10, 10:54 PM
Ahhh, the memories of Drill Instructors getting in your face. :evilgrin: Gotta love it!
Osotogary, thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sure Dave would've loved this. :thumbup:
Great pics, too.

ecfree
03-15-10, 08:52 AM
Great pic's GARY..............:thumbup::thumbup:

jrhd97
03-15-10, 09:26 AM
Great post! Thanks Gary. Brings back many memories.

jinelson
03-15-10, 09:47 AM
Thanks Gary great pics.

Jim

Old Marine
03-15-10, 10:23 AM
Nice pictures Gary, but that BAM in the 2d group of pics needs to get her Smokey squared away.

tdrt
03-15-10, 10:25 AM
kind of scared the crap out of me with the flashbacks!

polizei
03-15-10, 10:48 AM
Ah I would love to go to something like that!!! That would be fantastic to see civilians get yelled at LOL.

GSEMarine94
03-15-10, 01:12 PM
Ah I would love to go to something like that!!! That would be fantastic to see civilians get yelled at LOL.
+1
Great pics Gary

charm1110
03-15-10, 01:27 PM
great post and pics Gary...

Osotogary
03-15-10, 02:03 PM
Nice pictures Gary, but that BAM in the 2d group of pics needs to get her Smokey squared away.

LOL. That may be so in this photograph, Old Marine, but I can assure you that her Smokey was squared away and placed just fine while she was engaged and articulating.
She was, to say the least, very impressive. Now, I know a SSgt. who also took pictures of this event and he has alot of great photos of this Drill Instructor being very demonstrative. I'll see if I can get them and then post them here.

Zulu 36
03-15-10, 02:30 PM
Ohhh, ohhhh, flashbacks, flashbacks!!! Drill Instructors in the wire!!!!!

:D

FistFu68
03-15-10, 03:11 PM
:evilgrin: Outstanding Gary,See David is still working His wonders from them Pearly Gates!!!Your a Good Man Gary S/F That :iwo: :thumbup:

Old Marine
03-15-10, 04:45 PM
Kind of looks like a Garrison Camp cocked off to the side.