PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter coaching?

ls1lovr
03-13-10, 02:24 AM
Hello Marines I have a question about recruiter coaching and a decision I recently made at MEPS in which I now can't stop thinking about concerning my medical background. I am a poolee but I didn't want to disclose my recruiters name and phone number. I do not have any serious medical condition but have had a few broken bones. I told my recruiter this and he asked me if they were longer than seven years ago and if they hindered me in any way I told him no to both questions and he acted like this was not a problem at all. So when we were filling out my medical background together we filled it out as perfectly clean. I assumed this was because nothing had occured in the past seven years. Well while at the recruiters office the day before MEPS him and his boss were coaching me to not stray or mention anything not on the medical history form which I found to be odd. I finally realized why they were coaching when I got to MEPS and they wanted to know evrything from the day I was born. I decided to stay with the clean record because this is something that I want incredibly bad. Now I dont know what to do I want to be a Marine. Any advice?

Quinbo
03-13-10, 02:35 AM
You trying to throw your recruiter under the bus or what??

ls1lovr
03-13-10, 02:46 AM
No absolutley not thats why I didnt give his name or phone number. Im just worried because I have broke my hand before and if that happens at boot camp or something they are going to know that it was broke before by the x-rays and not in my medical history.

polizei
03-13-10, 08:40 AM
You won't have x-rays done at ALL unless you break it again. And I could easily find out who your recruiter is...

Lisa 23
03-13-10, 08:49 AM
Well, you're not a poolee since you're not in the DEP and you don't have an actual shipdate to MCRD. Only poolees have shipdates.
If you don't disclose your broken bones and they find out about it, they can get you for fraudulent enlistment.

TazMatt
03-13-10, 09:30 AM
You must look after yourself first in cases like these.I'm not saying the recruiter is doing wrong but you are the one who will suffer if you don't tell all and it is found out later.You are responsible for all info and you must look after yourself because after you enlist if you do and get in the recruiter is not held accountable for what you didn't disclose you are.A recruiter is doing his job to get you to enlist but some tend to not disclose everything going by the books leagally to get you to enlist at all cost.Look out for your self it is your life your call.