PDA

View Full Version : Stationed in Europe?

Mledford
03-12-10, 10:36 PM
Hello, Marines.

My father told me that it is possible for Marines to get stationed in Germany. He was in the Army, a green beret in the Special Forces so was it just some special circumstance that he saw Marines that were stationed there? He said they were with some kind of joint operating unit. Either way, I'd love to be stationed there.

I'm going into the intelligence field. Wasn't sure if that would make a difference or not.

Any information would be great.

Thanks, Marines.

Quinbo
03-12-10, 11:38 PM
I don't know numbers but I see Marines here all the time. Many are reservists here in ADSW orders. There are active duty here though. I don't have a clue what their mission is. There is also either a MarDet or an MSG in France with quite a few Marines stationed there.

Zulu 36
03-13-10, 01:07 PM
I don't know numbers but I see Marines here all the time. Many are reservists here in ADSW orders. There are active duty here though. I don't have a clue what their mission is. There is also either a MarDet or an MSG in France with quite a few Marines stationed there.

Marines are also stationed at Landstuhl Hospital/Ramstein AB as liaison for Marine casualties that go through. #1 daughter said the most junior Marine liaison she saw was a Sergeant, although most were SSgts or GySgts. She does not know if that was a PCS job or TAD as it never came up in conversation. She didn't care as the Marine liaisons were the best of all the branches and nations she worked with.

TinDragon
03-13-10, 01:25 PM
You can but you're not gonna get it right out of MOS school. If you're lucky and ****e hot, you might be able to PCS there after your first duty station... more than likely it's going to take a re-enlistment though.

(Become a 26xx and if you stay in long enough you can end up at any location Marines are at (except MSG stuff)... if the base needs an SSO you can be sent there, and pretty much every base needs an SSO. Haha.)

Mledford
03-13-10, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, Marines.

I was talking to a SSGT at my RS today, and he filled me in on the whole deal. I'm considering applying MSG after a couple of years. He said they go to a lot of great places and see many cool things.

commdog7
03-13-10, 05:41 PM
There are 2 U.S. embassies in Germany with MSG's. There are MSG's in almost every country, so you definately have the opportunity to travel the world.