PDA

View Full Version : Putting in my DI package / reenlisting

Katzman
03-12-10, 01:13 PM
Hey gents,

I'm currently on my second deployment and nearing my ECC. I have decided that I will re-enlist and be a drill instructor. I'm looking for any and all advise from, well anyone, really. I've talked to several prior drill instructors but it was mostly just chit chat.

I really can't wait to re-enlist and go to DI school, makes me want to get back to the states like ASAP!

Thanks all
Katzman

polizei
03-12-10, 01:33 PM
Just realize what it entails...I'm sure you already know, but from what I've heard it's very rewarding sometimes, and other times it's complete hell.

SGT7477
03-12-10, 02:46 PM
Go for it, quite a few that were DI's here on Leatherneck, Semper Fidelis.

tdrt
03-12-10, 02:48 PM
Good Luck!!

CplKJSpevak
03-12-10, 02:52 PM
Good for you Sgt. Katzman!! Stay in and go to DI school. I wish I had. The civilian world is not what it's cracked up to be. Good luck Marine, keep us posted.

baby gorilla
03-13-10, 05:14 PM
Let me know when you get back. I am over here at Cherry Point and I still have most of my things from DI school. It would give you a advantage over everyone there, I could also tell you what to expect at school. I just went through school but unfortunately got injured soon after and was unable to complete my tour on the field. I will be going back once I am back to 100%. Be prepared for a boot camp style culture shock.

duragliter
03-13-10, 05:22 PM
Which Depot?

For a Drill Instructor they are about as different as chalk and cheese...

Rocky C
03-13-10, 05:26 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!

Best of Luck!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Old Marine
03-13-10, 08:10 PM
Having been there and done that, I will tell you that it is just like going through Boot Camp for the 2d time, except that you get liberty. Lots of TMI, PT and Drill. I went to the school at MCRD, SD in 1966 and I would imagine that a lot has changed at the school these days.

I found that being a Drill Instructor was the most rewarding duty that I had during my career.