PDA

View Full Version : Bayonet Training in USMC

Dave Humm
03-12-10, 11:50 AM
Hello,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I doing a little research and wondered if anyone with the appropriate knowledge might be able to clarify at what point in Marine recruit training would someone undertake Fixed Bayonet Rifle drills?

I'm specifically trying to get a picture of when this would have been undertaken in recruit training in 1979.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

With thanks

Dave Humm

thezero
03-12-10, 09:18 PM
Are you just after a picture? Info about the training? And by drills do you mean learning how to use them?

CH53MetalMan
03-12-10, 09:50 PM
I was went to P.I. in 1978, so I doubt much changed. As best as my memory serves me, we did very little drilling with the bayonet fixed. Perhaps 1 or 2 hrs, or less. But we did lots of slashes & butt strikes together in a wide formation. Yelling loudly was a big part of this. Our D.I.'s would take a break, while some instructor, standing high on a platform would drill several platoons together. This was always done out doors.

codeman92190
03-12-10, 10:17 PM
And if you think the training is for nothing (as most people do in bootcamp) look up some of the occasions in the last few years where they have actually been used.

That's some motivating stuff right there...

Quinbo
03-12-10, 11:43 PM
Field week in boot camp we ran a bayonet assault course. There was some sort of reward system set up wherein you either broke the man made out of wood and car tires or you broke either your weapon or bayonet you were rewarded. I never saw anyone actually break either but it did add some extra agression in the attack.

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 05:10 AM
Gents. <br />
<br />
Many thanks for the replies thus far, its appreciated. <br />
<br />
I'm a current serving member of the British Forces and had the pleasure of working alongside (briefly) US Marines in Iraq last...

Socal2361
03-13-10, 02:52 PM
Yes he would have recieved bayonet training within the first 43 days of bootcamp.

Quinbo
03-13-10, 02:57 PM
Yes he would have recieved bayonet training within the first 43 days of bootcamp.

It would have to be right on the very edge of 43 days.

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 02:58 PM
.. even if the 43 days crossed into Christmas 1979 ? <br />
<br />
How much time would you assume a recruit would have been removed from the training rotation for a serious medical issue, serious enough to...

Quinbo
03-13-10, 03:06 PM
Holidays have very little impact on Marine Recruit training. If SNM had a medical condition severe enough to cause a discharge then my guess is he would have spent a large portion of those 43 days...

Rocky C
03-13-10, 03:06 PM
I hold a Masters Rank ( Shihan ), ( 5th Degree Black Belt ) in Kenpo.
What's his Name and what's his Website???

Socal2361
03-13-10, 03:16 PM
When I went to boot camp in 2003 the MCMAP program was implemented which includes bayonet training and we started doing MCMAP training within the first few weeks (if my memory serves me correctly). I just re-read the original post and see that he was asking about 1979 boot camp so in that instance I do not know when the training would have occured. I guess my input wasn't needed in the first place.:D

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 03:18 PM
Ralph Severe

Dallas Texas

www.artofcombat.com

he's being discussed at a martial arts consumer advocacy website here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54062

warning: the thread is epically long - too long to read from the start so let me give you a summery here and you can read what you wish within the thread - Ralph Severe posts like 12 year old (no I'm not being funny)

Ok, a thread was started back in 2005 questioning if Ralph Severe was legitimate, although the initial responces were mixed the thread eventually drifted into obscurity.

In January of this year Ralph Severe aka Kamiyamashinobi began posting and the thread devolved considerably when he was questioned on the martial arts grades he claims to hold.

Point of note: He is the legitimate holder of a ninth dan in Ninjutsu however; he also claims to be the holder of 6 black belts in 6 other arts and, claimed to have gained them before the age of 19 when he enlisted into the USMC.

My involvement stems from his military teachings and Ralph does not like what I have to say - suffice he does nothing but post gibberish in response to my questions and to those of other serving US soldier and Law Enforcement Officers also contributing.

In several of my posts I have included links to external websites where Ralph has contradicted himself or lied based on what he's posted in the Bullshido thread.

There won't be a conclusive end to the discussion because Ralph refuses to clearly discuss any of the salient points, all he's effectively doing is making himself look even more foolish as he seems pathologically unable to refrain from posting more gibberish.

Thanks in advance

Dave Humm

Rocky C
03-13-10, 03:20 PM
When I went to boot camp in 2003 the MCMAP program was implemented which includes bayonet training and we started doing MCMAP training within the first few weeks (if my memory serves me correctly). I just re-read the original post and see that he was asking about 1979 boot camp so in that instance I do not know when the training would have occured. I guess my input wasn't needed in the first place.:D

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
That was Good :thumbup:.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

PS, Where is the OP with the answer to my questions ???
Doesn't he Know I can see him viewing the Thread???

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 03:24 PM
PS, Where is the OP with the answer to my questions ???
Doesn't he Know I can see him viewing the Thread???LOL see above

Rocky C
03-13-10, 04:01 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back.

I researched him and within 30 minutes I am able to tell you that he is LEGIT!!!

I can't speak of his Marine Corps Background though.

As a Martial Artist he is the Real Deal.

Don't know what your problem is with him but Good Luck.

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 05:20 PM
Could you be a bit more specific that "legit"

I know he holds Legitimate rank in Ninjutsu but that isn't the issue under contention so if you could be specific in what you refer too it would be very helpful to me.

Quinbo
03-13-10, 05:26 PM
I had said earlier that getting processed out is not an over night affair. It is lengthy and generally can take weeks or months to complete. You are not part of a training platoon during this...

Rocky C
03-13-10, 06:17 PM
Could you be a bit more specific that "legit"

I know he holds Legitimate rank in Ninjutsu but that isn't the issue under contention so if you could be specific in what you refer too it would be very helpful to me.

What is the issue with him Dave???

Dave Humm
03-13-10, 06:34 PM
My specific issue is that he's teaching military training techniques to members of the public, whilst claiming he has "real world" experience.

He has also made claims regarding 6 black belt grades, - one specifically in Judo, where he is not listed by any of the NGB as a legitimate Black Belt.

He appears to trade off the reputation of students such as a former member of the US Army and an Law Enforcement Officer who, appears to have certified him in a number of Law Enforcement subjects.

Whilst I have questioned him regarding his views and ability to teach military based subjects including advance to contact and weapons-craft seen many of his woodland videos on YouTube, it doesn't appear as if he has any foundation in actual military experience (beyond the 43 days he served) so I question the worth of such a person to teach military skills.

Please bear in mind he also alludes to teaching serving members of the armed forces. Having served in the Middle East myself, and alongside US Forces, I have no evidence to suggest what he teaches is of worth to professionally trained infantry, indeed this opinion is additionally supported by other current and former US military contributing within the discussion.

My interests here were to try and gain specific information about recruit training at Parris Island in 1979 at source because Ralph Severe talks in riddles and avoids the salient points of the discussion.

Regards

Dave

polizei
03-13-10, 07:50 PM
Point of note: He is the legitimate holder of a ninth dan in Ninjutsu however; he also claims to be the holder of 6 black belts in 6 other arts and, claimed to have gained them before the age of 19 when he enlisted into the USMC.

My understanding could be wrong...but what I'm getting out of this is that before the age of 19, he obtained 6 black belts via the Marine Corps? Well that's complete BS. If it's true that he was only in recruit training for 43 days, for one that does NOT make him a Marine. And second, he MIGHT have got a TAN belt from MCMAP, but NO way in hell he got above that. I don't even think they had MCMAP back then...

He might be ninja certified, but I smell that he's a tainted vag.

FistFu68
03-14-10, 04:03 AM
:evilgrin: Dave My Limey Brother Fixed Bayonets is always a good way too Go actually Had one Fixed at all times on My Shotgun walking Point in the Jungles of the 'NAM,Study some of The SAS OR SBS or Para Regt.manuels on their training Method of Bayonet Use.S/F GodSpeed Jack :beer: :thumbup:

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 05:02 AM
I think you misunderstand me.

I myself have undertaken close combat training in both the Army when I first enlisted and again in the RAF Regiment in which I now serve.

I'm not questioning the worth or training in Fixed Bayonet drills within the Armed Forces for military professionals, I'm questioning the worth and quality of such training being taught by a civilian to civilians with only 43 days worth of USMC recruit training.

Thanks again your comments are greatly appreciated

Dave

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 05:08 AM
My understanding could be wrong...but what I'm getting out of this is that before the age of 19, he obtained 6 black belts via the Marine Corps? Well that's complete BS. If it's true that he was only in recruit training for 43 days, for one that does NOT make him a Marine. And second, he MIGHT have got a TAN belt from MCMAP, but NO way in hell he got above that. I don't even think they had MCMAP back then...

He might be ninja certified, but I smell that he's a tainted vag.He wasn't claiming to have achieved those black belts whilst in the USMC, more to the point but just as ridiculously, he claims to have achieved those grades before enlisting at the age of 19.

His whole "on line" persona created by himself and his students is one of being a bad-ass, Military and Law Enforcement trainer, to the unsuspecting public this persona appears to be full-proof because he sports around 70-80 certificates in various subjects however; when you delve below the surface of his biographical self, one discovers a different picture. His service in the USMC is a classic example of where he'll mention his "service" in the USMC but will neglect to mention he only managed 43 days worth.

Regards

Dave

FistFu68
03-14-10, 06:16 AM
:evilgrin: Dave Fuc Him He did not Earn the Eagle Globe and Anchor get a Bayonet and shove it up The Wannabees Azz S/F GodSpeed :iwo::thumbup:

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 06:23 AM
LOL..

Thanks mate but he isn't worth the effort, he's aware I'm making enquiries about him so no doubt he's been on this forum, I doubt he'll choose to post here because he wouldn't get away with half his gibberish on this forum.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance

Dave

Rocky C
03-14-10, 11:47 AM
Jack, My Brother from Another. <br />
<br />
Being as Hyper-Vigilent as I am and You know why, I had a Conversation with Ralph Severe this Morning the person in question. <br />
<br />
I know his whole story from square...

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 12:09 PM
Thanks for your time on this. <br />
<br />
It was never an issue for me surrounding the circumstances of his discharge. <br />
<br />
Never the less I again thank you for taking the time to get involved. <br />
<br />
Dave

Rocky C
03-14-10, 01:39 PM
Thank you Dave..........

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 03:44 PM
Not a problem.

Dave

Quinbo
03-14-10, 04:16 PM
I think at issue here is not the mans martial arts training but whether or not he recieved bayonet training. Obviously the person in question did not complete boot camp so he is not a Marine. ...

Dave Humm
03-14-10, 04:27 PM
Thank you for your comments Bulkyker; Mr. Severe is aware of this thread and made contact with me via PM on Bullshido.com in an attempt at berating me for taking the time to make these enquiries.

Again, I thank everyone for taking the time to post their comments however; I do not wish to bring the debate of Ralph Severe directly to this website, I made a few enquiries and received some very informative information both publicly and privately on the subject . That was my only reason for being here.

I have no further desire to continue discussing Ralph Severe on this website as I'm now in possession of the information I require to conclude my opinion of his military training.

I would however like to remain a member of the site as its a fantastic resource of information.

Regards to all

Dave

FistFu68
03-14-10, 04:36 PM
:evilgrin: Fuc It since I became a RED BELT in Bayonet utilized it more than once in Combat with some NVA!!!I'm gonna just sharpen the Blade like a Razor on My 10"on My M-1 Garand @ Stick it up My own ass I feel very constipated.Oh better unload it 1st B-4 for I Blow my Baby maker off.Everything Is Kool ROCKY!!!'Cept this He did not Earn ":usmc:" :flag:

Rocky C
03-14-10, 06:36 PM
:evilgrin: Fuc It since I became a RED BELT in Bayonet utilized it more than once in Combat with some NVA!!!I'm gonna just sharpen the Blade like a Razor on My 10"on My M-1 Garand @ Stick it up My own ass I feel very constipated.Oh better unload it 1st B-4 for I Blow my Baby maker off.Everything Is Kool ROCKY!!!'Cept this He did not Earn ":usmc:" :flag:

No he did not Jack!!!!

Semper Fi Brothers,
Rocky

FistFu68
03-14-10, 07:37 PM
:evilgrin: ROCKY I know your Love of Martial ARTS and the very Hard Work and Discipline it took You too get too where You are as a Man and Marine,I'll always respect that part of You Marine among other things!!!S/F your buddy Jack :flag: :thumbup:

dallasak74
03-16-10, 02:48 AM
I would like to reply to what Dave Humm has stated, That I would not come on this forum and reply to his statements. <br />
<br />
<br />
First there are a few of the post Dave Humm has posted on the bullshido...

dallasak74
03-16-10, 02:56 AM
One other point,

Dave Humm and Chuck Hardin have called me a fake and a liar because I will not display my martial arts license to a public forum.

Dave Humm and Chuck Hardin have called me a coward because I will not do a sporting judo event to their forum friend mark Tripp.

Is this the manner in which all Brits do business, hide and talk trash from behind a computer?

Thank you,
Ralph Severe

dallasak74
03-16-10, 03:14 AM
http://www.bullshido.org/Bryan_Lee_Bondurant

Go here to see how these guys treat others who served in the US military.

Not that I am defending this man but I am saying they are very disrespectful towards US service men.

They try to publicly shame them..

Is this right in your eye?

Thank you,
Ralph Severe

Dave Humm
03-16-10, 04:37 AM
Let's just nip this in the bud Ralph, I stated I wasn't going to discuss this here and I will not.

Please feel free to continue your ranting where ever your like - You will not change anything.

Dave Humm

Quinbo
03-16-10, 04:38 AM
That was way to much bright red text for me to even attempt to read. If you have joined this forum in an attempt to defend your legitimacy and integrity then you are off to a really bad start by listing yourself as a Marine.

I'm not really even interested in the argument. Go karate chop chit and wear jammies all you want. You are not a Marine.