PDA

View Full Version : The Dumbest Busy Work

SgtBoyed
03-11-10, 12:57 PM
I remember being in 29 Stumps and them had us raking the sand. I thought it was completely stupid. Also, doing a washdown post-deployment...I don't consider it busy work...but it sucked. What's the dumbest busy work you guys ever did?

AKA HITMAN
03-11-10, 01:08 PM
Trying to look like we were working..One trick was laying under a 5 ton dump truck on a creeper sleeping in the Stumps shade..all non-op vehicles of course.

tdrt
03-11-10, 01:10 PM
Trying to look like we were working..One trick was laying under a 5 ton dump truck on a creeper sleeping in the Stumps shade..all non-op vehicles of course.

I'm trying to look like I'm working now! LOL

Supersquishy
03-11-10, 01:16 PM
I remember being in 29 Stumps and them had us raking the sand. I thought it was completely stupid. Also, doing a washdown post-deployment...I don't consider it busy work...but it sucked. What's the dumbest busy work you guys ever did?

Yeah, we had to rake rocks in front of our barracks every field-day, just so some damn drunk would walk right down the middle.

One of the darn busy work for us boots were to scrap out pad-eyes on the flight line out in the 130 degree heat using a plastic spoon and a ammo can to put the sand in...fun

WKranz
03-11-10, 01:19 PM
I turned over rocks to make sure they got an even tan.

SgtBoyed
03-11-10, 01:21 PM
Wow Kranz....lmao...I want to something top that one, lol.

GSEMarine94
03-11-10, 01:58 PM
Knew a guy who use to do that same exact trick under a tug. Only difference was he would tie his hands up so it looked like he was working and usually did it so he could sleep off a hangover.

temarti
03-11-10, 02:07 PM
busting rust and painting over forks on a 10k Tram and Blades of D-7 and 1155E dozers on Mondays.

spotts
03-11-10, 02:25 PM
After we graduated MCT and before starting SOI they had us painting the rocks outside the SOI HQ Building. When we finished painting them white, then we had to paint them red, then yellow.

AKA HITMAN
03-11-10, 02:44 PM
Knew a guy who use to do that same exact trick under a tug. Only difference was he would tie his hands up so it looked like he was working and usually did it so he could sleep off a hangover.
Forgot to mention that trick...worked well, and believe me, I slept off many a hangover in the scenic surroundings of 29 Palms.

Zulu 36
03-11-10, 03:13 PM
After we graduated MCT and before starting SOI they had us painting the rocks outside the SOI HQ Building. When we finished painting them white, then we had to paint them red, then yellow.

Well, you had to put a primer coat on, silly. :D

Slayer5811
03-11-10, 05:43 PM
I turned over rocks to make sure they got an even tan.

Wow....that's freakin funny!