PDA

View Full Version : DavBlay Final

SupChf
03-11-10, 11:35 AM
Brothers and Sisters,

DaveBlays Son stopped in today to inform that Dave has passed away yesterday. Many of us knew him very well and he has touched a lot of our newer Marines and many of us older ones. His Son has mentioned that Dave had no life insurance and that donations are very welcome and appreciated. Mailing addy is:

114 Knowles
St Sparta, TN 28583

Semper FI Dave and R.I.P Brother

FoxtrotOscar
03-11-10, 11:37 AM
Semper Fi Dave... you did one hell of a job Marine....

Mike

firedog974
03-11-10, 11:37 AM
Brothers and Sisters,

DaveBlays Son stopped in today to inform that Dave has passed away yesterday. Many of us knew him very well and he has touched a lot of our newer Marines and many of us older ones. His Son has mentioned that Dave had no life insurance and that donations are very welcome and appreciated. Mailing addy is:

114 Knowles
St Sparta, TN 28583

R.I.P. Dave. Semper Fi. :flag:

DocGreek
03-11-10, 11:40 AM
My most sincere sympathies to Dave's family, and closest Buddy's. May his soul finally have the peace and rest it so richly deserves.
GOD BLESS HIM!!!
SEMPER FI, DAVE!!!!

WKranz
03-11-10, 11:43 AM
SF Dave, thanks for the letters in boot camp.

jetdawgg
03-11-10, 11:48 AM
Dave we will miss you so very much. Thanks for inspiring us with your gallant effort.

My condolences to the friends and family
:usmc:

davblay
03-11-10, 11:51 AM
address is correct but the zip code is 38583 114 knowles st. sparta tn 38583

davblay
03-11-10, 11:56 AM
i am daves son i will try to sign up on this site in the next few days so everyone knows dads family is doin ok. it will probably be davblay2 or something like that i am named after my dad. thanks to everybody for your help.

Artemis
03-11-10, 11:57 AM
Dave you will be missed much by all who knew you. You have helped so many of us out through times of need. No one will be able to do what you have done for so many. God rest your soul and you will never be forgotten.

FistFu68
03-11-10, 12:01 PM
:usmc: David your in Gods Hands now my Marine Brother no more Pain,I Will see You again!!!My Heart goes out too Your Family,Dam David I am going too miss You.Rest In Peace David S/F :usmc: :iwo:

SGT7477
03-11-10, 12:03 PM
RIP Marine you will be surely missed, another fine Marine guarding the Gates Of Heaven, God Bless Dave and his Family, Semper Fidelis.

GSEMarine94
03-11-10, 12:09 PM
Today is a sad day indeed, the world has lost a great man and a great Marine. RIP brother you shall not be forgotten.

My sympathies to his family.

Quinbo
03-11-10, 12:13 PM
Condolences from the Quinn family. Dave Blaylock's leadership paved the way in many things we do today. You'll be missed Dave!!

temarti
03-11-10, 12:14 PM
A sad day on Earth, however Heaven has been blessed, Rest in Peace Dave ... S/F

Roulette
03-11-10, 12:16 PM
I'm so honored to have talked to Dave on many occassions. I'm deeply sorry at his loss. Love you MARINE.

ameriken
03-11-10, 12:26 PM
I am so sad to hear this. Semper Fi Dave, may God bless you and your family. :iwo:

Danny C Smith
03-11-10, 12:29 PM
Lord I don't know what to say.
I didn't know Dave at all but this news hit me like a
sledge hammer in the heart after reading so many posts on here.
Rest in peace Marine.
My heart and prayers go out to the family and I'm
sorry that I never knew this Marine. My loss. Our loss.

Smitty:usmc:

Menso
03-11-10, 12:46 PM
RIP Dave, thank you for everything you have done for me. You're in a better place now.

Semper Fi

linda1945
03-11-10, 01:03 PM
Rest InPeace Dave!! Even though George isn't here and John isn't either they would both be sending their condolences to the Blaylock family! He is a true Marine!!
Semper Fi
Lin

Isrowei
03-11-10, 02:06 PM
Rest in peace, Dave. I am honored to have known you.

jinelson
03-11-10, 02:49 PM
Im so sad to learn this. Although I knew it was coming for several years. Dave was an inspiration to so many including myself. Im going to miss you Marine until we meet up again in Chestys outfit.

Semper Fi and may you rest in peace.

Jim

Zulu 36
03-11-10, 03:08 PM
Your pain is over my friend. You were probably one of the most respected members of this site and your advocation on the part of our poolees who went to be recruits and eventually Marines will never been forgotten by those young men and women (or us older Jarheads).

Rest in well deserved peace, Marine. New Corporal of the Guard reporting aboard.

Semper Fi to the end.

Chris

thewookie
03-11-10, 03:12 PM
RIP, Dave.

Thanks for everything.

Semper Fidelis

03-11-10, 03:32 PM
I am very sad to hear that Dave has died, but also glad that he's in pain no more. I hope he pulls good duty in heaven (maybe the CO's driver).

Phantom Blooper
03-11-10, 03:47 PM
David Wayne Blaylock <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
:flag:In honor and remembrance of service to his country. :flag: <br />
<br />
1951-2010 <br />
Published: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:01 PM CST <br />
David Wayne Blaylock, 58, passed away...

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 03:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers out to the Dave Blaylock family.

Rest in peace Dave.

Semper Fidelis

Rocky C
03-11-10, 04:07 PM
This is so sad :(
I will miss you here Dave but I WILL see you again Brother.
Thank you for being my Friend.

My Condolences to the Blaylock Family and Friends.

SEMPER FIDELIS MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP,
Rocky

NCOPOWER
03-11-10, 04:18 PM
God bless you Marine. I will see you face to face one day. I'm sorry I didn't know you as well as I would have liked. Your strength has taught me to never give up on anything even when times get hard. You are missed already Brother!

GySgtRet
03-11-10, 04:18 PM
It sadens me to hear this news. Dave would go out of his way to help anybody. He especially helped many a poolee. To the entire Blaylock my condolences for your loss. He was my brother and I had a very deep respect for him. You will truely be missed.

Semper Fi Dave Blaylock

SlingerDun
03-11-10, 04:20 PM
Adios Pard, and i hope your burden has been lifted..

~Dave

redman1
03-11-10, 04:32 PM
Condolences out to the Blaylock family
I just got home and read this and I'm sad and glad at the same time because Dave isn't hurting anymore.
I never got to meet Cpl Dave Blaylock but talked to him on Leatherneck and was honored to say Good Morning to him the past months.
Cpl Dave Blaylock was a Marines Marine to the end and I was proud to have known of him.
Thanks to his son for letting us know of this sad news. I know at this sad time its hard to think of everything to do.
One Last Time Cpl David Blaylock Semper Fi Redman

Old Marine
03-11-10, 04:41 PM
A sad day indeed.

Rest in peace Marine.

Sgt Jim
03-11-10, 04:42 PM
Dave you will be missed by alot of people here on earth, But greeted by your family and friends and Gods open arms in heaven, I pray that if things turn around the other way for me that I will be as strong as you was, we send love and prayers to you and your family. rest now and hurt no more. SF Dave Friend and Brother, see you again some day. and David II we will welcome you with open arms. we would be glad to talk to you anytime. SGT JIM and PURPLEROSE.

CplKJSpevak
03-11-10, 05:08 PM
My Condolences to Daves family, Semper Fi and Rest in Peace

mcvet57103
03-11-10, 05:15 PM
We lost a good friend, and brother from this earth. Guard the gates for us, we will see you soon Marine. Semper Fi :iwo:

AlwaysWillBe
03-11-10, 05:21 PM
Dave, I never got to meet you on this earth, but I am looking forward to seeing you in the next life. Your pain and suffering are over, so now you may rest in peace, for you have done your duty, you have answered the call. May God grant you both eternal life and eternal peace.

cantonmark
03-11-10, 05:28 PM
Semper Fi Marine, You will be missed here. God be with your family. You are in a better place and we will all be there to meet you one day.

Marine84
03-11-10, 05:31 PM
AW MAN! I hate it that he's gone but I'm happy that the fight is over for him. I'll miss him awful!

Guys - I still have the flower shop's phone # that I used when we sent him the arrangement for the Marine Corps birthday. I'll call tomorrow and have something done for the family from us.

Rocky C
03-11-10, 05:32 PM
I don't know how many of you know this but one of Daves Favorite Songs was " If I Can Dream " by Elvis Presley 1968.

This Ones For You Brother..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEO7uu1Pp8I

Semper Fi,
Rocky

PS, Thank you Jack!!!

polizei
03-11-10, 05:38 PM
Cpl Blaylock helped me out when I was just thinking about joining the Corps. Now I have a year in...he surely will be missed. I remember how he sent letters to all the recruits in boot camp. Semper Fi

Marine1955
03-11-10, 06:25 PM
Semper Fi dave
We will miss you.

egbutler1
03-11-10, 06:33 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

114 Knowles
St Sparta, TN 28583

RIP brother you did wonders for me. I will miss you very much. Donation in route!

Osotogary
03-11-10, 07:00 PM
I feel like, keeping it civil, ****!! I knew this day would come but knowing this doesn't change the feeling of loss and sadness. I am happy knowing that Dave's suffering is now over and that his work is being carried on by those he taught, gave counsel to, and inspired.
Please accept my sincerest sympathies. Thank you for the address information. I look forward to any other updates. Prayers outbound. This evening has taken a solemn turn. God bless you all.
Gary

bquick13
03-11-10, 07:39 PM
I never got the chance to talk to Cpl. Blaylock, but I see how much he's loved, and respected by his fellow Marines, that gets me choked up..

I want to send my condolences to his family, I'll be praying for ya'll.. But just remember he's in a better place.

Maybe one day I'll be able to send you a "Semper Fi", Cpl. Blaylock.
Thank you for your service and my freedom, sir.

Once again, to Cpl. Blaylocks family, I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for yall.

Chase Hicks

Sgt. Leprechaun, thanks for the "ok".

thedrifter
03-11-10, 07:52 PM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences for the Family and Friends....

Rest in Peace

When we have done all the work we were sent to Earth to do, We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the future butterfly;
And when the time is right, we can let go of it and we will be free of pain, free of fears and worries, free as a very beautiful butterfly returning home to God.

God Bless

Ellie

Integrity57
03-11-10, 08:07 PM
Rest in peace Dave, you were a great friend and mentor that always had an encouraging word for the Poolees and I can't thank you enough for the letters you sent me while I was in boot camp. My condolences go out to your family but I'm glad you don't have to fight any more and can truely rest easy.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Teak
03-11-10, 11:29 PM
Rest in Peace Dave, Thank you for being a friend.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-11-10, 11:41 PM
Semper Fi, Dave.

Rest well, Brother, You earned it.

PURPLEROSE
03-12-10, 12:08 AM
Rest in peace Dave, hurt no more, May God carry you home in his arms, and put his hands upon your family and help each one through the pain they are felling. Love and Prayers out to each of you.Glad to call you Friend. SFPURPLROSE

TazMatt
03-12-10, 12:16 AM
May you Rest In Peace Marine for you have done your time on this earth and there is a better place waiting for you in Heaven. I didn't know Dave but was always glad to read his post to poolees and others on this site as they entered in their trials at boot camp and knowing that he would write them and help them thru their times of difficulties. He will be missed by his family and also his Marine brothers and sisters.Go in Peace and love Cpl.Dave Blay for you have served your time well Marine.Semper Fi till we meet on the other side.

Gunner 0313
03-12-10, 12:19 AM
:flag:SF Dave ! Nothing short of amazing to see how many lives that you touched.

http://www.geaugaconstitutionalcouncil.org/userfiles/image/MemorialDay_MarineSalute.jpg

Hamelink83
03-12-10, 02:13 AM
RIP Dave, keep the gates safe. Semper Fi

Phantom Blooper
03-12-10, 06:23 AM
THE FINAL INSPECTION

The Marine stood and faced God
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes wew shining
Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, you Marine,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other check?
To My Church have you been true?"
The Marine squared his shoulders said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
Because those of us who carry guns
Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays
And at times, my talk was tough,
And sometimes I"ve been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Through, I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep,
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though, at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here,
They never wanted around
Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."
There was silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the Marine waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God,
"Step forward now, you Marine,
You've borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's street,
You've done your time in Hell."

SEMPER FIDELIS :flag:

AND WHEN HE GOES TO HEAVEN.......

TO ST. PETER HE WILL TELL, ........

ONE MORE MARINE REPORTING SIR....

I SERVED MY TIME IN HELL......

Rest In Peace Marine........:evilgrin:

redman1
03-12-10, 06:26 AM
It feels really empty not being to say Good Morning to Dave. My heart is sad and empty but I feel relief that Dave isn't suffering anymore.
This thread show how Once A Marine Always A Marine is true even in death.
Marines are always there for there brothers.
I was very proud to have know Dave and wish I would have been able to meet him in person.
It touches my heart also that Dave had so many friends.
Hope reading all these tributes about Dave help heal the family and thanks again to Dave's son for letting us know about his passing. To Dave's son you are very welcome on Leatherneck and look forward to talking to you.
Happy Trails Dave
Semper Fi Redman

redman1
03-12-10, 06:32 AM
WoW!
PB that was good but I couldn't even read it to my wife without tear in my eyes. As all of you I will miss Cpl Dave Blaylock.
Semper Fi Redman

Marine1955
03-12-10, 06:40 AM
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/th_MarineinMourning.jpg
You Earned your right to walk among the heavens.Rest well Brother Dave Rest well.

Phantom Blooper
03-12-10, 07:01 AM
One of Dave's first posts when he came on this site...before he became actively involved in the poolee letter writing was that he was wanting a P-39 can opener (John Wayne).

I had two and I requested his address and sent him one....

From the first day I met him him in posts and PM's since I do not do the chat...he came to this site as a true dignified Marine...

And too read that last post that he typed on his own 12 days before his demise when he was placed on hospice...he left this site as the same dignified Marine with out falter.

ALL Marines touch our hearts and our daily lives.....Dave just had the knack to touch many lives and many hearts with his true Marine presence.

After his Vietnam wound recovery he served his country in the Army until he retired.....but Dave...as he said it himself was always a Marine from day one...and a fine example of a Marine who's foot steps and boots will be hard to be replaced on this earth.

To the Blaylock family...Semper Fidelis....we know not your pain...but our love for Dave is threefold and we as Marines and friends are here you!:evilgrin:

SGTBrentG
03-12-10, 07:15 AM
Semper Fi Dave! A true Marine's Marine! Just like most others I never had the pleasure of meeting Dave outside of this website. But I feel blessed to have gotten to know him in the small way that I did. RIP brother! To Dave's family....you will remain in my thoughts and prayers and thank you for sharing Dave with us!

Rocky C
03-12-10, 07:18 AM
One of Dave's first posts when he came on this site...before he became actively involved in the poolee letter writing was that he was wanting a P-39 can opener (John Wayne).

I had two and I requested his address and sent him one....

From the first day I met him him in posts and PM's since I do not do the chat...he came to this site as a true dignified Marine...

And too read that last post that he typed on his own 12 days before his demise when he was placed on hospice...he left this site as the same dignified Marine with out falter.

ALL Marines touch our hearts and our daily lives.....Dave just had the knack to touch many lives and many hearts with his true Marine presence.

After his Vietnam wound recovery he served his country in the Army until he retired.....but Dave...as he said it himself was always a Marine from day one...and a fine example of a Marine who's foot steps and boots will be hard to be replaced on this earth.

To the Blaylock family...Semper Fidelis....we know not your pain...but our love for Dave is threefold and we as Marines and friends are here you!:evilgrin:

:thumbup::flag:
Well said Chuck!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

vipere6
03-12-10, 08:01 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you little Dave and your family. Your dad inspired all and will not be forgotten. Your dad is in the heavens now watching over all of us and guarding the gates of heaven. "Will miss you MARINE"

Simper Fi to you Brother David

Marine84
03-12-10, 09:17 AM
OK guys - just got off the phone with the flower shop. I got a big arrangement and it will have some sort of sash or ribbon on it saying "Semper Fi" - I told her that I would trust her judgement and to make it STAND OUT. The card will read "With Deepest Sympathies Love from everybody at Leatherneck .com

rb1651
03-12-10, 09:29 AM
Rest In Peace Dave. You have been an inspiration to all of us. You will be deeply missed.

To the Blaylock family, I hope that the pain you feel will somehow be easier to bear knowing from these posts that your Dave was and will continue to be remembered with love and admiration from all of us here on Leatherneck, and the rest of his Marine Corps Brothers and Sisters.

Rest in Peace my Brother, and I look forward to the day that I can at last meet you on the streets of Heaven.

MarshRunner
03-12-10, 09:35 AM
Thoughts and prayers for the family ... Rest in Peace Dave ... Semper Fi Marine.

Mike

montana
03-12-10, 10:02 AM
RIP...to sad to hear...and thank you Marine84

Bill

390 Mach I
03-12-10, 10:31 AM
Semper Fi Dave. May you Rest in Peace Brother.
Prayers going out to his family.

:flag:

SmithAdrian
03-12-10, 10:56 AM
You will be missed Marine, thank you for all the help you gave me before bootcamp, and during. Rest in peace Marine.

The DUKE
03-12-10, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear this, I only knew you a short time but even so we were brothers in our limited correspondance. I shall miss you Dave, my sympatheies to your family and friends.

Semper Fi my brother.:usmc:

dhenderson88
03-12-10, 11:16 AM
Semper Fi Davblay.

SGT7477
03-12-10, 11:48 AM
OK guys - just got off the phone with the flower shop. I got a big arrangement and it will have some sort of sash or ribbon on it saying "Semper Fi" - I told her that I would trust her judgement and to make it STAND OUT. The card will read "With Deepest Sympathies Love from everybody at Leatherneck .com
Thank You Kim, Semper Fidelis Sister.:flag:

m14ed
03-12-10, 12:27 PM
I am proud to have known you Dave.
Semper Fidelis Marine

marinemama
03-12-10, 12:46 PM
RIP Dave. My love and prayers are with your family. Thanks for the years of support....you were a treasure to myself and my son's.

Wyoming
03-12-10, 01:38 PM
Semper Fidelis and RIP Dave.

You always were a friend, whether by phone, email, chat, or a post on here.

You will be missed. Your time spent mentoring the poolees has proven itself in some fine new Marines.

May your family find peace and condolence in the fact that they are not alone. You are a Son, Brother, Husband, Father, and Marine.

You will not be forgotten.

Semper Fidelis My Brother.

FistFu68
03-12-10, 01:43 PM
:evilgrin: David and I also had a Myspace page also,would You believe Us two Semi Ole Farts having one(LoL)thats where We shared our Love of Music together.I'm gonna keep His page Open so I can Look and See the Pics of Him and His Grandchildren playing together.He had such a Great 'sence of Humor and Joy.He Loved His Family His Marines and His POOLEES.The Sun broke through the Clouds earlier then I KNEW in My Heart that My Marine Buddy David was Alright.Now I'm gonna go Play Elvis "If I Can Dream"our favv.song by Him,that ROCKY so graciously put on the site Thank You ROCKY,Oh and Kim Your a Dam Good Woman for what You did.Semper~Fidelis~Jack :iwo:

rvillac2
03-12-10, 03:54 PM
You're turn to guard the Streets of Heaven.
Semper Fi, Brother Dave.

Renato

the802
03-12-10, 04:59 PM
I will miss talking to him, getting the support he so graciously gave without promt.

Rocky C
03-12-10, 05:40 PM
:evilgrin: David and I also had a Myspace page also,would You believe Us two Semi Ole Farts having one(LoL)thats where We shared our Love of Music together.I'm gonna keep His page Open so I can Look and See the Pics of Him and His Grandchildren playing together.He had such a Great 'sence of Humor and Joy.He Loved His Family His Marines and His POOLEES.The Sun broke through the Clouds earlier then I KNEW in My Heart that My Marine Buddy David was Alright.Now I'm gonna go Play Elvis "If I Can Dream"our favv.song by Him,that ROCKY so graciously put on the site Thank You ROCKY,Oh and Kim Your a Dam Good Woman for what You did.Semper~Fidelis~Jack :iwo:

You got it Brother Jack!!!:thumbup:

Thank you Kim for putting the Flowers together.
If you need Money sweetness, PM me and I will send some.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Marine84
03-12-10, 05:40 PM
You guys are awesome but no need to thank me. I'm only taking care of one of my own. I'll do the same for the rest of you too as long as I know where you are.

For those that have offered money to me to help out - thanks but no need - whatever you would be willing to give me, send to the family.

Semper Fi ya'll!

Rocky C
03-12-10, 05:45 PM
Your a Great Person and a Great Marine Kim!!!
Will do.
Thank you Again.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

bgsuwoody
03-12-10, 07:59 PM
Dave, I really don't know what to say. This is a crushing blow to me. I knew the day would come, but I wished that it wouldn't. You were more than a mentor and a friend. You were everything that anyone could ask for in those, but you were more. You were a brother, a true brother, and you provided many a Marine with the ability and the confidence and the esprit de corps that allowed them to succeed through their demons and their fears. You provided an avenue for others to emulate your success and press through the hardest of all their fears. If there is a time in my life that I have literally been crushed from such a loss, this would be it. This man has been a large part of my success in the Marine Corps as many as you know. I owe him everything I have accomplished and I can only hope that his family knows just how much Dave meant to many of us. I dont know what I am going to do without Dave being there to provide me with an open ear and an honest heart. The world has lost a good man and it is sad that many a Marine will never get the ability to meet him and have a path to success paved by him. Wow...I just dont know what to say. I am crushed. I am truly honored to have known you Dave and know that you have gone peacefully and the pain is over. You were my friend and my brother. Reast In Peace and the most heartfelt Semper Fi to you and your family.

Your friend,
Mike
We'll miss you so much Dave

Zulu 36
03-12-10, 08:22 PM
Dave, I really don't know what to say. This is a crushing blow to me. I knew the day would come, but I wished that it wouldn't. You were more than a mentor and a friend. You were everything that anyone could ask for in those, but you were more. You were a brother, a true brother, and you provided many a Marine with the ability and the confidence and the esprit de corps that allowed them to succeed through their demons and their fears. You provided an avenue for others to emulate your success and press through the hardest of all their fears. If there is a time in my life that I have literally been crushed from such a loss, this would be it. This man has been a large part of my success in the Marine Corps as many as you know. I owe him everything I have accomplished and I can only hope that his family knows just how much Dave meant to many of us. I dont know what I am going to do without Dave being there to provide me with an open ear and an honest heart. The world has lost a good man and it is sad that many a Marine will never get the ability to meet him and have a path to success paved by him. Wow...I just dont know what to say. I am crushed. I am truly honored to have known you Dave and know that you have gone peacefully and the pain is over. You were my friend and my brother. Reast In Peace and the most heartfelt Semper Fi to you and your family.

Your friend,
Mike
We'll miss you so much Dave

Mike, I know you were especially close to Dave. Probably the closest any poolee/recruit/young Marine was that I am aware of. We were all honored to know him, either in person or electronically (or by snail mail). Moreover, we were blessed.

My words of advice for all Marines who had been mentored and helped by Dave Blaylock is: Earn This.

ecfree
03-12-10, 09:17 PM
My condolences to the Blaylock family......I miss DAVE already......My brother has died and gone to meet his maker....I really felt close to DAVE,although we never personally met.......I,or I should say we,(a few of us were) going to take a trip this spring to visit DAVE and cheer him up....
We can all breath a sigh of relief for DAVE is now with out pain.........He will never be forgotten,he will always be in our thoughts and his spirit will be here always.......:iwo:
SEMPER FI MY BROTHER and GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL
PS:THANKS KIM.........................Ed

fjmas1976
03-12-10, 09:30 PM
Dave,
Semper Fi Marine, RIP

To The Blaylock Family,
I am sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in the cherished memories of your loved one.

Respectfully,
FJM:usmc:

sgt tony
03-12-10, 10:10 PM
I know that I will see at the gates of heaven so guard it well my friend till I can be with you my brother.

My heart goes out to the family and always remember that he is in a place looking over us all.

jrhd97
03-12-10, 10:57 PM
It's a sad day to see a brother transfer. Dave, you will be missed.
When things got particularly rough for Dave I asked him how his relationship with our Father was. He replied, not perfect..but I know Him. It is a time of rejoicing, for Dave has gone home.
Semper Fi Marine!

Quinbo
03-12-10, 11:20 PM
Here is what I recieved in my e-mail. <br />
<br />
In honor and remembrance of service to his country. 1951-2010 Published: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:01 PM CST David Wayne Blaylock, 58, passed away March 10,...

Alpha1Devildog
03-13-10, 11:57 AM
When it's written:

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in this world", you can say before our Lord and Saviour, you didn't have that problem, you were a United States Marine.

Semper Fi Marine. . .Thank you for being you.

charm1110
03-14-10, 12:25 PM
Dave,

Rest in peace my Brother....
You put up the good fight and helped so many along the way...I will miss your presence, but I know you're with the Lord now and have no more pain and suffering...

Semper Fidelis Marine....:flag:

Big Jim
03-14-10, 02:14 PM
Dave, my brother, I thank you for being my friend....and I thank you for believing it was worthwhile to get to know me. You were my friend and brother in life and that legacy will live on forever. May you rest in peace and enjoy your ever after in heaven with the honored Marines of old. You truly are one of the great ones....YATAHEY my brother. I will drink to your memory and to our friendship....!!

montana
03-14-10, 02:32 PM
something....he was borne the same months as me 17 days and two years shy...my dads name was Bill...my moms name was Gladys...

hrscowboy
03-14-10, 11:03 PM
Well you ole fart you beat me to chesty... you and i was always fussing with each other who was gonna get there first.. I know now your no longer in pain and your standing at the gates with chesty. I wont be far behind my ole friend, Rest in peace and we will see each other soon.. Semper Fi

yellowwing
03-15-10, 12:01 AM
Father in Heaven accept our Brother Dave into your Love and Mercy. Judge what he gave of himself as pleasing to You. Take him into your Fold and Bless him with Eternal Life. Amen.

God Bless You and Keep You Dave.

MPMOM
03-15-10, 12:46 AM
Dave you will be so missed, we will gather together to keep you recruit writing going , I know you were worried about that.

zx6rdr
03-25-10, 09:53 AM
God Bless Dave.

Thank you for your mentorship and lessons to all of the young guns on the site (not to mention all of us) you were truely and insperation to us all.

My prayers are out bound for you and your family.

Go have a nice cold one with Chesty... Ill be expecting to have one waiting when I meet up with you both.

Semper Fi Marine

bigdog43701
03-25-10, 11:16 AM
Rest In Peace, Brother...semper Fi

vmfn513
03-25-10, 02:04 PM
My condolences to your family. We'll miss you Dave. May the Good Lord Bless You and welcome you to your new Home. Until we meet again, smooth sailing and Bon Voyage'.

Lee Welsh

echo3oscar1833
03-25-10, 07:26 PM
You will be missed Dave, thank you for paving the way for the Young Marine's like myself. RIP Brother, and Semper Fidelis :iwo::beer:

MPMOM
03-28-10, 12:05 AM
Dave you were so much to so many, first person to befriend me on here and you will be missed.

Mafiaprincess19
03-28-10, 12:47 AM
Dave you made such an impact on me with all the convorsations we shared together.. You taught me so much and I will miss you! I <3 u and will never forget you!

gonzo4
06-14-10, 04:56 PM
Dave I realized you passed while I was at MCT. God speed. Semper Fi

Rocky C
08-19-12, 03:30 PM
I was thinking about you just now Dave.
I miss you Brother.

Marine1955
08-19-12, 03:40 PM
I was thinking about him just the other day when I looking at my Brothers list.
He was a true Marine..
Semper Fi Dave

m14ed
08-20-12, 04:13 AM
You guys SUCK IT UP....before it gets moist in here..

It's a daily occurence around here isnt it,, part of us is about
remembering our past and those who made it worthwhile.

SemperFidelis Brothers

thanks for letting me hang around

bgsuwoody
05-30-16, 03:47 PM
Its been a long time for this, but I haven't been around a while, but I owe my career, my success, and everything I have been given in my life over the last 9 years to Dave. It is because of him that I found the drive and I fell in love with the Marine Corps. It is today, on Memorial Day that I would like to remind everyone of this Marine and what he did for so many of us.

The DUKE
05-30-16, 04:02 PM
All well spoken, all well said, too Dave....a brother indeed..

Rocky C
05-30-16, 05:16 PM
Miss you Dave :cry:

SGT7477
05-30-16, 05:43 PM
RIP Dave, Semper Fidelis Brother.

FoxtrotOscar
05-30-16, 07:07 PM
Hi Dave,

We had some good times over the years, stay safe and I'll join ya down the road...

Semper Fi Brother... Rest in Peace..

Mike aka FO....

Kegler300
05-30-16, 07:11 PM
Can't believe it's been six years already ...

bgsuwoody
03-15-17, 12:23 PM
Just want to bump this. I miss my friend. I really dont know if I would be such as successful SNCO today if it wasn't for Dave being there for me.