PDA

View Full Version : MOS 7314 - UAV Operator

mahoney92
03-11-10, 11:19 AM
Hello Marines I've been looking for some information on MOS 7314. I looked on the forums, about.com and everything you could click on that google.com provided me but I still haven't found the information I'm looking for. I mean the most information I found was from about.com and just simply said,

"External UAV operators execute the initial takeoff and final landing phases of UAV operations. They are also an integral part of all mission planning, takeoff and landing sequences, and crew coordination aspects of UAV flight."

I know there has to be more to it than that. So I was hoping that maybe a Marine who had the MOS or knows about the field can fill me in.

The questions I have are:
Where is the schooling for this MOS?
How long is the schooling?
How do they teach you? (ex. 50% class work and 50% field practice)
What kind of aircraft do you fly?
How much physical training do you do?
Physical requirements?
And anything else you could fill me in about the MOS that I forgot to ask or you think is important.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(Sorry if theres already a thread for this. I seriously looked for hours and couldn't find anything.)

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 03:17 PM
Hope this helps some...

MOS - 7314 UAV Air Vehicle Operator
School Location - MATSG NAS Pensacola, FL
Days - 70

http://www.marineparents.com/usmc/downloads/mos-school-locations.pdf

mahoney92
03-11-10, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info WMarine! :)

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info WMarine! :)

You're Welcome! :thumbup:

CombatDisburser
07-01-10, 11:56 AM
I am currently in the MOS 3432 do you know if this is one of the MOS's that is restricted for LAT move MBRs from getting the SRB bonus? I am also wondering what all does the flight physical entail for this MOS?

MPGPTMS
08-15-12, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone I am getting to submit my reenlistment/lat move package and I'm very interested in MOS 7257. How hard is it to get in to this MOS. I have GT score, being an MP I already have a Secret Security Clearance. But I know there has to be more to the whole reenlistment process other than just saying I want this job and thats it. How long is the school for Air Traffic Controller.