PDA

View Full Version : am i getting the shaft?

Dfite85
03-11-10, 12:54 AM
when i went to meps a i got a contract for 0351.... reservist by the way <br />
when i talked with my recruiter the other day he informed me i was 0352 <br />
not to sound like an ass, i should be glad im an...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-11-10, 01:05 AM
First, try some punctuation. If you are a 'deputy', I dread to think what your Sergeant has to go through with your reports.

Next, if you are going to let something like this (the difference between TOW gunner and Assaultman is VERY small overall...one drives and blows crap up...the other humps...and blows crap up..) then you've got other issues you need to DEAL with now.

If you don't think 'you can be faithful' to the Marine Corps (capitalized, by the way) in this MOS...then seek jobs...elsewhere now, and avoid the issues you'll bring to the Corps and yourself.

I expect a large volume of fire on this one...'Stand by for heavy rolls....'

kman311
03-11-10, 03:44 AM
Dude, just quit now and save the trouble for you and the Corps. There are plenty of people out there begging for that slot and if the thought of it "turns your stomach" you, well, it would probably be better to part ways now. We would hate for you to go through life insulted.

Rocky C
03-11-10, 06:02 AM
Dude, just quit now and save the trouble for you and the Corps. There are plenty of people out there begging for that slot and if the thought of it "turns your stomach" you, well, it would probably be better to part ways now. We would hate for you to go through life insulted.

AGREE. :usmc::thumbup::usmc:,
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Supersquishy
03-11-10, 06:30 AM
Baby Biotch, Join the Army.

rktect3j
03-11-10, 06:32 AM
You got upgraded. jmho

Thank your recruiter.

And your attitude sucks. Maybe the other Marines here are correct, join the army.

spotts
03-11-10, 07:45 AM
Stay home. I dont want you in my Infantry with an attitude like that.

AKA HITMAN
03-11-10, 07:53 AM
Better yet, don't serve in any branch of service..you'll more than likely be dissapointed and have a tummy ache there also. Stick to being a cop, you can make others dissapointed at you.

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 08:15 AM
Ditto to what everyone has said so far. :thumbup:
Oh, and don't come here whining either. If you feel that what has been said so far has hurt your feelings or insulted you, oh well, to bad. You came here insulting our Marine Corps, so...don't expect the Marines here to take that lightly. :evilgrin:
With an attitude like yours, the Marine Corps doesn't want or need you.

NCOPOWER
03-11-10, 08:39 AM
You know what a Marine is a Marine! I went to boot with an open contract just because I didn't care what I did in the Corps. I just wanted to be a Marine. So if you don't want to do X MOS then why are you here? You should just stay home.

ameriken
03-11-10, 08:52 AM
The Corps is so full right now that for every little twerp who whines about their contract, there's a thousand wannabees out there who will proudly take that MOS in a hearbeat just for the honor of serving.

If you dont want it, give it up and let someone else fill the slot. :evilgrin:

tdrt
03-11-10, 08:53 AM
What the hell is the matter with kids now days with proper punctuation and capitalization? Is it that fricken hard!? Are they that fricken lazy? Is our education system so lacking that they don't know that "I" is capitalized let alone proper punctuation?

Old Marine
03-11-10, 08:54 AM
Young man, you have your head shoved so far up you rectal area and have heally insulted all the great 0352's in the Marine Corps. Before you ever step on the yellow footprints you had better find a...

polizei
03-11-10, 09:04 AM
Ha, where's my popcorn....seems to be a bunch of these amazing threads lately...I think WMarine keeps making poolee accounts to mess with us. :D Keeps things interesting around here!

fs19
03-11-10, 09:25 AM
Wow, I would understand being ****ed if he switched your job from being an 03 to like supply or something, but he gave you an upgrade. Stop *****ing and go away.

ameriken
03-11-10, 09:48 AM
What a great MOS. You get to blow sh*t up. :evilgrin:

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions MOS 0352 - - Anti-tank Missileman

By Rod Powers (http://www.leatherneck.com/bio/Rod-Powers-6341.htm), About.com Guide

Type of MOS (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/mosdef.htm) : PMOS

Rank (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/l/blenlrank.htm) Range: Sgt to Pvt Job Description: The anti-tank missileman is responsible for the tactical employment of the M220E4 TOW2 Weapon System, M98A1 Javelin Weapons System, anti- armor operations, and tactical vehicle operations. They provide medium and heavy anti-armor fire in support of the infantry battalion, LAR battalion, tank battalion, and the MAGTF. They are located in the anti-armor platoon within the weapons company of the infantry battalions and LAR battalions, the TOW platoons of the tanks battalions, and the TOW Company of the Tank Battalion (MARFORRES). Non- commissioned officers are assigned as gunners and squad leaders.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0352.htm

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 10:30 AM
Ha, where's my popcorn....seems to be a bunch of these amazing threads lately...I think WMarine keeps making poolee accounts to mess with us. :D Keeps things interesting around here!
Trust me, it's NOT me.

And here's your popcorn.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/animalbuddiesandcartoons/popcornmachine.jpg

Dfite85
03-11-10, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the reality check.
I typed this thread when i was angry, and with the thought that this guy is screwing me. I wanted honest thoughts on if i was overreacting, which now i know I was.
Truly sorry, I never intended to insult the 0352 MOS and reading it over now I realize I did. Perhaps a proof read would have served me well. What i meant is I am not the type to openly complain, and i am sickened at the thought of being lied to.

This thread was an out step form my norm.
I thank everyone for putting my emotions in check.
I am going to take the 0352 slot and do my best for being so ignorant.

tdrt
03-11-10, 11:44 AM
Good luck to you then.

And as with anything in life, it is what you make it to be.

SGT7477
03-11-10, 12:07 PM
We never did promise anyone a Rose Garden, Man the Fvck up or get the hell out, if you can't take it Go army.

sully0331
03-11-10, 02:23 PM
wow are you really b*tching about getting a 52 package...while your crying on here 52's all over our country are training in fields to protect you...or are f*cking hot in country right now shut you c*ck sucking lips grab a hold and man the f*ck up or get the f*ck on with you ken doll life.

WKranz
03-11-10, 02:26 PM
wow are you really b*tching about getting a 52 package...while your crying on here 52's all over our country are training in fields to protect you...or are f*cking hot in country right now shut you c*ck sucking lips grab a hold and man the f*ck up or get the f*ck on with you ken doll life.

He already apologized and explained himself better, we're good man.

Old Marine
03-11-10, 04:53 PM
Wow, I would understand being ****ed if he switched your job from being an 03 to like supply or something, but he gave you an upgrade. Stop *****ing and go away.

Suppose you explain to me how much you know about the Supply MOS's.

BR34
03-11-10, 05:21 PM

He already did, in the "Why did you choose infantry?" thread. Quite insightful, I might add. ;) Basically if there is a job that could be done outside of the Marine Corps he doesn't understand the point of doing it inside the Marine Corps...or something to that effect.

fs19
03-11-10, 06:03 PM

I was simply using that as an example of an MOS that I consider to be very different than 0351 or 52 Gunny. However if you would like to know my personal feelings about the supply guys I have worked with, and my experiences with them, I would be glad to discuss it with you in a more appropriate environment.

Old Marine
03-11-10, 06:12 PM
I was simply using that as an example of an MOS that I consider to be very different than 0351 or 52 Gunny. However if you would like to know my personal feelings about the supply guys I have worked with, and my experiences with them, I would be glad to discuss it with you in a more appropriate environment.

Most all non infantry MOS's are very different than 0351/52 so why did you pick the supply MOS to cut? Without supply the infantry would be zilch. No ammo, no clothing, no beans and no bandages.Maybe you could throw rocks at the enemy.lol:evilgrin:

Old Marine
03-11-10, 06:16 PM
Oh Yea, some day you will learn that some of your best friends are supply people, cooks and Corpman. Don't know what the infantry has for trading material, but these personnel I have mentioned have plently of items.

polizei
03-11-10, 06:26 PM
Lol, Bullets, Beans, and Bandaids!!!!! RAH

egbutler1
03-11-10, 06:30 PM
We got ear necklaces Gunny lol. But yeah w/o supply we couldn't do chit!

Sgt Leprechaun
03-11-10, 09:30 PM
Man, being a militaria collector....there is NO way I could work in supply....LOL.