PDA

View Full Version : MOS Help

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:10 PM
In December i graduate from high school, and shortly after i will be shipping out to Basic....maybe. My Real problem is, i have so many choices and not enough solid intel to make a sound decision.
I could:
1.NROTC at CU and get art degrees... but im not really feeling that option.

2.0861 Fire Support Man... but i want to be active and get as much training as possible... this MOS is again, not my greatest desire.

3.03xx Infantry...Ive always wanted to go infantry, but everyone in my (VERY SMALL) community is against it, quite honestly i would tell them to beat it.

4. Recon Contract.... Definately my most desired job. Ive been an outdoors guy all my life, Grew up in a small mountain town skiing, biking, swimming, soccer, hockey, kayaking, backpacking... i feel that i was born for this job. But it is not easy to find out HOW exactly to secure this career.

5. Humanitarian Relief/High-Risk Contracting... i was offered this job from one of the mentors at my school, i would need training though, as the job he was offering is in the Congo, and thats not a friendly place, which further draws me towards recon.

All i need is some insight on what MOS would keep me the most active, doing the craziest sh*t, and preferably lots of hands on weapons training. I want to drive DPV's and get my Jump Wings, just keep this adventure rolling. Desks? Hell no. 80lb pack, rifle on my back, now thats what im talking about.

Rocky C
03-09-10, 06:11 PM
KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the same thing you just Posted in 4 differant Forum Threads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa 23
03-09-10, 06:16 PM
Still has no profile and you're only 16 years old.

By federal law (10 U.S.C., 505 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode10/usc_sec_10_00000505----000-.html)), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlage.htm

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:27 PM
Still has no profile and you're only 16 years old.

By federal law (10 U.S.C., 505 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode10/usc_sec_10_00000505----000-.html)), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlage.htm

Why would i make a profile to a site which i only intend on visiting once, and yes genius, im 16.. turning 17 in april. and i leave in december. Simple math like this i would think you could figure out. i mean, SOMETIME in the next 12 months i am required to turn 17, i cant BELIEVE you would say something as stupid as that. Clearly i need to go officer, thanks for setting the example. Ive got my parents consent. Ive posted this Once here.

Lisa 23
03-09-10, 06:29 PM
Well genius, since you didn't post your date of birth, I didn't know you would be turing 17 in April.
And I'd leave the attitude at the door.

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:31 PM
Where? show me. Ive posted this once in Difter's whatever, and after WMarine got all up in my face i posted it here. Where she proceeds to get in my face. Seems like no one is up to the challenge of answering this question... Come on.

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:33 PM
Well genius, since you didn't post your date of birth, I didn't know you would be turing 17 in April.
And I'd leave the attitude at the door.

Alright, cut me a little slack here ive been at school all day....

Lisa 23
03-09-10, 06:35 PM
Where? show me. Ive posted this once in Difter's whatever, and after WMarine got all up in my face i posted it here. Where she proceeds to get in my face. Seems like no one is up to the challenge of answering this question... Come on.

If I was getting all up in your face, you'd know it.

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:37 PM
If I was getting all up in your face, you'd know it.

Look, i didnt come here to agrue with marines, trust me ive got AP homework i could be doing. I came here to get some insight, which you are clearly not willing to supply. I believe ive made my position here quite clear.

Lisa 23
03-09-10, 06:46 PM
I'm not looking for an arguement either. Maybe the Marines don't want to give you any answers since it's required for everyone to have a complete profile...no profile, no answers.
And if I had any insight on these MOS's, you'd know by now.
Try doing a search on the site since they've been covered before, well, with the exception of Humanitarian Relief/High-Risk Contracting.

Simplysmity
03-09-10, 06:51 PM
I'm not looking for an arguement either. Maybe the Marines don't want to give you any answers since it's required for everyone to have a complete profile...no profile, no answers.
And if I had any insight on these MOS's, you'd know by now.
Try doing a search on the site since they've been covered before, well, with the exception of Humanitarian Relief/High-Risk Contracting.
Alright. Cool. Thanks for the redirection. Sorry to cause a ruckus, ive got a short fuse sometimes.