PDA

View Full Version : To The Grunts...

SgtBoyed
03-09-10, 04:36 PM
...I am not really into the whole POG vs. Grunt thing, but I can understand why you guys don't like POGs. I, myself, am a POG...I'm a former Sparkchaser formally known as a 2881, I basically fixed crypto gear and performed micro-miniature repair on circuit cards. I've never been in combat.

I deployed with the MEU and the only missions I participated in were the Hurricane Katrina Recovery and a non-combatant evacuation of Americans out of Beirut in 2006. I've never done a patrol or engaged in a firefight. I had my times in garrison and I had my share of ****ty times doing workups. I think all Marines, for the most part, experience their ****ty times at one point or another. Anyway, all I wanted to say with this post is that as a POG, I respect what you guys do. You have to put up with a lot of things that I didn't have to because it wasn't part of my job description. You guys are definitely the tip of the spear and as a fellow Marine, I was honored to support you by doing the best I could, even if it was just fixing radios and a doing non-combatant evac mission. This is my first post and just wanted to start of with a good note.

Sgt. Boyed
Semper Fi.

FistFu68
03-09-10, 04:54 PM
:evilgrin: Sgt.Thank You for your service too our Country,Be honest with You Marine there were many a time when I was in my Fighting Hole,that I go WTF am I doing here.But we are all Marines,but then being a Grunt and feeling like GOD,and hauling My Balls in a wheel barrel was a Special feeling.It's a GRUNT thing but I still have the upmost respect for all MARINES @ some Pecker Checkers:D WELCOME HOME SGT.S/F :flag:

Silentwarrior17
03-09-10, 04:59 PM
Oohrah Sgt B! Couldn't agree more with Fist on this one. Welcome to the forum. S/F

SgtBoyed
03-09-10, 05:07 PM
Thanks SilentWarrior and FistFu...I'm glad to be home, a couple of fellow Marines didn't make it back.
First Sergeant Luke Mercardante
Corporal Kyle Wilks

I've been out almost 3 years now and I'm starting to miss the Marine Corps. I guess this forum is the closest I can get to it without going back in, lol.

Quinbo
03-09-10, 05:12 PM
Welcome aboard.

Rocky C
03-09-10, 05:30 PM
Welcome Aboard Brother!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

SgtBoyed
03-09-10, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Semper Fi!

montana
03-09-10, 05:40 PM
welcome home

Phantom Blooper
03-09-10, 05:45 PM
It does not matter GRUNT.... POG..... or WING.....ALL the same Marine Corps!

When the shiat hits the fan the blood ALL runs GREEN and who gives a shiat whether your in a H&S..WPN's or LINE Company!

We are ALL in this TOGETHER!:beer:

If the grunt did not have the support of the machine gunner and mortar man? It is a very pretty sight to see a tank sitting behind your line to be called upon if needed. I cussed the supply man a many times because they wanted to give my men raggedy gear, but I also praised them because I needed to have them with 782 gear and flak jackets and helmets. And in the end they always came through. If you get in tight you may get a can of coffee or two. Some of that gear saved a many life. Couldn't get along with out them C-rats either.

Arty was always very loud, but when the FO called in a grid, they always came through, and took out the target. Couldn’t have called them if it wasn’t for the radioman and the wireman to keep that lines open. Even as shiat was hitting the fan. Thank God we didn’t have to send smoke signals or beat on drums. As a grunt you mostly hump and dig in and then hump again Hurry up, wait, hurry up, move out. But, Motor “T” was always a blessed sight, even if ya were herded into a cattle car, or in the back of a cold bumpy 6x6. That’s where the meat wagons come from too! Historically it is said the grunts and wing do not get along. Again count your blessings for the wing, when you need to make a tactical insurgent 40 miles from your starting location into a hot LZ.

Very impressive sight when you see 8 choppers in the sky bringing you reinforcements, water bulls, mules or a jeep. Hungry call the wing, they will drop the C-Rats by the pallets for you. The wing saved many a life by ferrying the wounded to ships offshore or to a field hospital. Remington Raiders, get a bad rap. But without them your pay and leave would not be. Keep a check on them though, because they are only human.

Cooks, God bless them! Try to cook for hundreds and not have a complaint. Get up at 0330 and sometimes don’t leave until 1900.Gotta love it!

How about them corpsman, do the same thing as the Marines and save lives too! All the “S” shops and HQ’s provide ya with mail, Intel, an azz chewing and a good laugh now and then.

I could go on and on, but by now you should understand where I’m coming from. I love the grunts; I wouldn’t have wanted to do anything else. I found it to be very rewarding. Every Marine is a rifleman. But it couldn’t be done without all of the Marine Corps MOS supports. Semper-Fi!
:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
03-09-10, 05:47 PM
Welcome aboard Marine!

SgtBoyed
03-09-10, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys...I just put that out there because I noticed a lot of arguments in others sites and forums about non-grunts, lol. I don't believe in all that mess...just want start off on the right foot. Grunts explained their reasons because some POGs try to pass themselves as something their not...which is understandable. The way I see it...we all get the Green Weenie one way or another.

Socal2361
03-09-10, 06:11 PM
The main reason for it is like you said, non-infantry bragging about themselves and all the combat they have "seen." By them doing this it feels like they are degrading the memory of those that have died in combat. That is my opinion anyway. Welcome aboard.

SgtBoyed
03-09-10, 06:15 PM
Thanks Socal...

SGT7477
03-09-10, 06:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Semper Fidelis.

sparkie
03-10-10, 07:29 AM
Welcome from an old 2841. But watch out for Fist. That damm grunt, just keep him fed, and throw a stick once in awhile,,,, He'll behave,,, mostly.

spotts
03-10-10, 09:04 AM
In the end we are all Marines regardless of our MOS's. Welcome aboard....

Th3 Maelstr0m
03-10-10, 09:14 AM
In the end we are all Marines regardless of our MOS's. Welcome aboard....

x2

I honestly never (directly) worked with POGs until my 3rd deployment to Afghanistan, where we had a red patcher attached to us (we were out in the boondocks & needed him to LST stuff when it got helo'd in). He was one hell of a Marine & i consider him one of my best friends. One thing he did was show up a lot of my fellow grunts (im sorry to say). he always carried the ECMs, & one time patrolled up to a Brit FOB with an ECM, a 240, his m4, & a box of 7.62 ammo (plus his 3 days worth of food, water, & sleeping bag). Like i said, one hell of a Marine.

Gunner 0313
03-10-10, 09:47 AM
:flag:YUT !!! SF !

SgtBoyed
03-10-10, 11:27 AM
Lol...thanks for the heads up.

Troutzilla
03-10-10, 11:37 AM
Fixing radios huh...I think having working communication equipment is quite important to a Marine just as bullets and a working weapon, it's all part of the mission...without support us Grunt's are screwed. Welcome Sgt.

Semper Fi

:flag:

MarshRunner
03-10-10, 01:48 PM
Welcome aboard Marine ... Semper Fi!!

egbutler1
03-10-10, 03:08 PM
...I am not really into the whole POG vs. Grunt thing, but I can understand why you guys don't like POGs. I, myself, am a POG...I'm a former Sparkchaser formally known as a 2881, I basically fixed crypto gear and performed micro-miniature repair on circuit cards. I've never been in combat.

I deployed with the MEU and the only missions I participated in were the Hurricane Katrina Recovery and a non-combatant evacuation of Americans out of Beirut in 2006. I've never done a patrol or engaged in a firefight. I had my times in garrison and I had my share of ****ty times doing workups. I think all Marines, for the most part, experience their ****ty times at one point or another. Anyway, all I wanted to say with this post is that as a POG, I respect what you guys do. You have to put up with a lot of things that I didn't have to because it wasn't part of my job description. You guys are definitely the tip of the spear and as a fellow Marine, I was honored to support you by doing the best I could, even if it was just fixing radios and a doing non-combatant evac mission. This is my first post and just wanted to start of with a good note.

Sgt. Boyed
Semper Fi.

Semper FI brother, we appreciate you to.

Mongoose
03-10-10, 04:22 PM
I was a grunt, because thats what I was good at. You do what your good at. But were all Marines! Welcome.

Sgt Jim
03-10-10, 05:39 PM
Welcome Aboard Marine.

Quinbo
03-10-10, 11:04 PM
http://******************/comics/2010-03-05-Strip%2018_The_Difference_1_web.jpg

Gunner 0313
03-10-10, 11:06 PM
:flag:LMFAO !!! Exactly !

SgtBoyed
03-11-10, 12:04 AM
Lmao, that's such Bullsh*t. A pizza in each barracks room? lol

Quinbo
03-11-10, 12:08 AM
Dang it I thought all this time that the maids left chocolates on your pillow after they finished cleaning your room. I wasn't taking a poke at pogues but found that picture to be pretty funny and somewhat accurate.

SgtBoyed
03-11-10, 12:37 PM
Nah...they only left chocolates on our pillows if aced our J.O.B.s

Silentwarrior17
03-12-10, 08:25 AM
LOL great picture. When we aced our J.O.B.s we got a 20 mile hump...I wish I would've gotten chocolates :(