PDA

View Full Version : Forest Service officer, mistaken for coyote, shot and killed

sdk87to91
03-09-10, 11:57 AM
Middle Georgia hunter mistakenly kills federal forest officer (from The Augusta Chronicle. <br />
<br />
One of two men using a high-powered rifle with night vision to hunt coyotes fatally shot a federal...

Supersquishy
03-09-10, 12:03 PM
Firstly what a sad story, Prayers out to the Ranger and Family!

Secondly, what kind of dumbfvck shoots at something hoping its a whats hes intending on shooting?!?!?!

tdrt
03-09-10, 01:41 PM
Firstly what a sad story, Prayers out to the Ranger and Family!

Secondly, what kind of dumbfvck shoots at something hoping its a whats hes intending on shooting?!?!?!

My sentiments exactly! There's a big size difference between a man and a coyote, for Chrissakes! And don't even blame it on the NVG.

oogachaka
11-05-10, 01:59 PM
Its months later and if I search for all 3 of the names of those involved...I only get those two news stories that were posted above, which leads me to believe they werent charged. <br />
:mad: <br />
<br />
Anyone...

hbharrison
11-05-10, 02:09 PM
If you can not clearly see what you are shooting at do not shoot let it go. What a dumbarz.

SlingerDun
11-05-10, 03:23 PM
Sometimes the "hunter" see's a sure enough target, then it fades into the bresh..... A target emerges again and he shoots!

The 'hunter' spends dollars and hours.... that turn into day's and more $$$...... glassing for animals.........he finally see's something and it's about to disappear into a tangled draw! This usually seems to happen in low light and i've heard hunters empty their rifles spastically into the bresh. On the other side of that treeline could be a well traveled hiking trail or even a camp ground or parking lot, or horse corral. There are simply plenty of flighty people behind the working end of firearms, everywhere. I don't hump the backcountry this time of year.

hbharrison
11-05-10, 05:32 PM
Just can not get with the idea of hunting game like coyotes at night with a night scope here in KS you are not allowed to hunt at night unless you are a coon hunter then you use dogs to tree them then walk up close and shoot them. Most night scopes I have seen just are not as good as the the military use today.

SgtThrasher
11-05-10, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry for the warden's family and I bet the hunters are too.I didn't think you legally hunted coyotes at night.They at least called 911 and reported the accident,but still don't excuse their stupidity!

sparkie
11-05-10, 07:26 PM
Hunting at nite is too stupid, but if it is allowed yes the glare of human eyes can be mistaken. This one is a wash.
I only hunted when dusk to dawn was a no.

indygti
11-06-10, 08:41 AM
Some people shouldn't be allowed to hunt or own firearms.

sdk87to91
01-31-11, 12:52 PM
Press Release <br />
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE <br />
Date: January 21, 2011 <br />
<br />
<br />
Indictment in Shooting of Forest Service Officer <br />
<br />
MACON: Michael J. Moore, United States...