PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Marines who knew my Father

cherriblossoms
03-09-10, 03:01 AM
Hello All,

Not sure if this is the right place but I'll give it a try. My Father was in the Marine Corps from 1953-1972. He passed away and I'd like to find out more about his career and what he was like as a young man before he met my Mother in Okinawa at the end of his career. I came along and changed everything. His name was SSgt Thomas Jefferson or TJ or Jeff were nicknames he was called. My Father was a legal/admin clerk. I have his last DD214 and will write the national archives to get his military records to piece together a little bit of a history. I would like to chat with anyone who knew my father and could tell me what he was like. I miss him greatly still and finding out would help me ease my sorrows a little. I have his flag from the funeral but would like to make a shadow box with his accomplishments. I'm in the USAF so I don't understand the Marine Corps abbr and acronyms on his old military documents. So any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated or if they know where else I can look for other Marines that might have known him, please let me know.

Thank you all for reading my post. Cheers!

Rocky C
03-09-10, 08:35 AM
You can put a little note in the back pages of the DAV Magazine for free.
There are Alot of inquiries posted there.

Good Luck,
Rocky