PDA

View Full Version : Engineering

honda4trax
03-08-10, 11:12 PM
Im currently in school for engineering and was wondering if when i graduated how I would go about getting a job with the Marines as a Engineer?

Sgt Leprechaun
03-10-10, 07:31 PM
You'll have to be more specific I'm afraid. Are you looking at 'Combat Engineers', or something along the lines of actual 'Engineering'? If so, my suggestion on that is to look at either the Navy, or the Air Force, since they actually employ 'Engineers', per se.

honda4trax
03-11-10, 08:39 PM
I saw in another marines forum where there were certain "Engineers" that would set up base in certain areas.... How would I go about something like that..... or is that even actually a real position

Lisa 23
03-11-10, 08:44 PM
United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors

FIELD 13, ENGINEER, CONSTRUCTION, FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/13.htm

And when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

Hamelink83
03-19-10, 07:10 PM
I saw in another marines forum where there were certain "Engineers" that would set up base in certain areas.... How would I go about something like that..... or is that even actually a real position

Your looking at something more like a Navy Seabee or Army Engineer. While yes, us engineers will build, we're not setting up full on FOB's anymore. Camp Leatherneck in Afghan was mainly built by the Seabees. Combat Engineers in the Marines while in Afghanistan's primary job is route clearance. Depending on who your with (MARDIV, MLG, or MAW) will dictate your other job focuses.

josephd
03-19-10, 10:26 PM
like the other Marines have said it all depends on what your definition of engineering is and what you want to actually do. From what I am feeling you mean by engineering your best option would be more of being a civilian contractor of some sort. Engineers in the military are building stuff and doing some cool things but would have nothing to do with what you would do with an engineers degree. You are referring more to the design side of things