PDA

View Full Version : It's a deal: Jessica Lynch agrees to $1 million deal with Knopf for book co-written b

thedrifter
09-02-03, 01:14 PM
It's a deal: Jessica Lynch agrees to $1 million deal with Knopf for book co-written by Bragg <br />
<br />
By Hillel Italie <br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS <br />
6:58 a.m. September 2, 2003 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
NEW YORK – Jessica Lynch, the...

Devildogg4ever
09-03-03, 04:17 AM
Have ya begin to notice that money can bring the memory back?? First the Clintons, now Lynch!

MillRatUSMC
09-03-03, 05:01 AM
Only in America could a lowly PFC get a half a million for a book.
What else might be brought out in this book?
That hasn't be written about how she was captured after the crash that knock her out.
The author of this book leave much to be desired;
"He resigned from the Times in May after the newspaper suspended him over a story that carried his byline but was reported largely by a freelancer".
Devildogg4ever, you got it right;
Money does bring back the memory!
And a half million will surely bring back a great deal of memory.
From a media creation to a book, next a movie.
We question;
What about all those other that served and are still serving in that country and Afghanistan?
Where a half million for each service person?
ONLY IN AMERICA!!!
Martha (Marthy) Jane Canary (Cannary) died broke.
That won't be Jessica Lynch fate.
ONLY IN AMERICA!!!
And Calamity Jane rated more medal than this lowly PFC.
ONLY IN AMERICA!!!

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

marine5
09-23-03, 03:50 PM
I think she is worth every penny...and more !!!! <br />
She did her job and got busted up...She never asked for any of <br />
celebrity status that she received...The Army &amp; the Press did it to <br />
her...So don't...

marine5
09-23-03, 03:52 PM
PS: Some day I will learn to spel rite !!!!

gapeach
09-24-03, 03:33 PM
Jessica Lynch is a picture of today's views about women in combat. she is the first example to be made of a woman being a POW or wounded in combat. Many forget about the women that were POW's in Vietnam, or even the women that served proudly and died proudly beside their husbands during the Confedercy. My own experiences were hushed up by the military, i suffer today, but i feel like if i had been able to let the public know, then maybe i could have some kind of relief, but as Marine5 stated, we women must suffer in silence. Also the gal that was a POW for 14 days during the Gulf War, what happened to her? we will never know. Our POWs suffered more than those of us who weren't POWs will ever think about. I still have mixed emotions about Jessica Lynch, but at least her story is getting heard from her, and not in a history book. Semper Fi, my brothers and sisters