PDA

View Full Version : accidental lie i told my recruiter

kelthius
03-05-10, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone i have a big problem. :( to make a long story short, i spoke with my recruiter last night i messed up and told him that i have my diploma already even though i don't get it for another month or two.I now have an appointment to meet him and enlist this week but i don't want to because i lied about having my diploma right now. I didn't mean to set up a meeting or anything just yet but it happened.Should i still go and talk to him and just try to explain why i lied about the diploma situation right now,or should i call him and try to talk my way out of going????:( not sure what i should do

sully0331
03-05-10, 09:34 AM
First off I hope your a chick since your using sad faces.

Secondly just tell him that when you told him that you werent planning to leave for a couple of months and that at the time you wanted too go to MCRD that you would have the diploma in your hand. Also your still gonna go its money for him he doesnt give two sh*ts about you.

BR34
03-05-10, 09:44 AM
Just tell him the truth. It's not a big deal.

ameriken
03-05-10, 09:59 AM
Tell the truth, and when you start the actual process, no more 'accidental' lies.

Lisa 23
03-05-10, 10:10 AM
I see from your profile, that you're 20 years old, and not to sound like a smart a$$, but are you talking about a high school diploma or a college degree? I would think that by 20 years old, you would already have your high school diploma.

Hanzo
03-05-10, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone i have a big problem. :( to make a long story short, i spoke with my recruiter last night i messed up and told him that i have my diploma already even though i don't get it for another month or two.I now have an appointment to meet him and enlist this week but i don't want to because i lied about having my diploma right now. I didn't mean to set up a meeting or anything just yet but it happened.Should i still go and talk to him and just try to explain why i lied about the diploma situation right now,or should i call him and try to talk my way out of going????:( not sure what i should do

Welcome to your first lesson in how to be a Marine (if you ever make it).

The word of the day is Integrity. My Drill Instructor, Sgt Jimenez once told us "Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." To expound on that, it is the idea that you do the right thing, not because you're worried about getting caught, but because it is the right thing to do, period.

Now, listen up, here is what you will do. You will contact your recruiter as soon as possible. You will not wait until your appointment, you will make the time and you will walk into his or her office immediately. You will stand in front of him or her and look them in the eye and tell them what you did. You will NOT make any excuses, you will simply state the facts and own up to what you did and you will accept the results because you know that this was caused by YOUR actions.

Once you've done that, come back and let us know how everything went.

polizei
03-05-10, 10:45 AM
I'd just call him and explain the situation. He might be a little ****ed, but it's better than you waiting to tell him and wasting his time. Now THAT would **** him off. If you're in good standing with grades, etc. just explain that you'll have it at "X" time.

Rocky C
03-05-10, 10:54 AM
Tell the Truth, You'll be Glad you Did, In the Long Run!!!

brian0351
03-05-10, 02:21 PM
I'm sure he's heard worse...but it's a lie that he would have eventually had to find out about when he would have asked to see said diploma.

Just explain that you got a little tongue tied and meant to say that you would have your diploma by the time you signed up.

Old Marine
03-05-10, 04:32 PM
Just tell him that you have been getting by in you civilian life by BSing your way through and you figured you could do the same with him. He will probably pat you on the head and tell you that its OK and give you a pass.

Kegler300
03-05-10, 04:48 PM
Tell him you won't have your diploma until May. No big deal...he can still dep you in. If you're a female, he will even be more happy to enlist you.

Phantom Blooper
03-05-10, 05:02 PM
What is an accidental lie?:evilgrin:

NCOPOWER
03-05-10, 05:05 PM
Okay first off the rss out of winter haven Fl. Is where I deped in. Who was it that you talked to? I'm sure if it was Ssgt. Pete you will be fine he will understand. I know most of the Marines in that RS and RSS. Tell him the truth and trust me I will know if you don't!

sparkie
03-05-10, 08:26 PM
What is an accidental lie?:evilgrin:
Like I cheated on my wife of 38 years,,,,,,just an accident. Sorry, honey,,,, don't know what happened,,,,,, Old George just took over,,,,,,,