PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp and Leave question

Dreamer101
03-05-10, 05:20 AM
I was wondering if I do booth camp in San Diego do I get to leave home the night of graduation? How does leave after boot camp work? I know it is 10 days but does this mean I can enjoy those 10 days working as a recruiter assistant and enjoying my family? Also does these 10 days count towards the 30 days leave you have each year after you become a Marine?

Thank you.:)

BR34
03-05-10, 06:32 AM
You earn .5 days of leave for every 6 days you are on active duty. That translates into 2.5 days per month. When you leave boot camp you will have like 8 days of leave.

If you do recruiter's assistance after boot camp no leave should be taken away from your leave acct because you WILL be working.

If you don't do RA and you choose to take the leave you'll actually get more like 9 days, which will put in 1 day in excess leave (negative leave status). Excess lv shouldn't matter though because you're going to make it up in MCT.

And yes, boot camp leave is subtracted from your annual leave.

Lisa 23
03-05-10, 07:53 AM
This is a simple question that could be answered by your recruiter, especially if you want RA.

polizei
03-05-10, 08:04 AM
WMarine, I'm going to have the knowledge of a recruiter here soon. LOL

Lisa 23
03-05-10, 08:09 AM
Polizei, you mean you don't want to be a Drill Instructor so that when you see one of these wannabes or poolees at boot camp, you can get all up in their faces for asking some of the questions that they do...lol!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/MarineDI4.jpg

polizei
03-05-10, 10:53 AM
Oh I actually think being a DI would be fun at times, but overall I don't think I could ever do that job. After all, they ARE crazy. LOL