PDA

View Full Version : MCL 2010 National Convention

Native Warrior
03-04-10, 12:54 AM
Hope to see everyone in Greensboro for the MCL 2010 National Convention in August.

www.mcl2010.org
(http://www.mcl2010.org)

Lisa 23
07-02-10, 09:57 AM
Anyone else going to the National Convention? I'll be there!

Lisa 23
07-31-10, 09:31 AM
The Convention is a week away...anyone here going?
Gen Gray will be speaking at a dinner on Thursday evening, and as of now, Gen Amos, the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, is the guest speaker at Friday night's banquet dinner.

Lisa 23
08-08-10, 07:30 PM
Greetings from the National Marine Corps League Convention in Greensboro, NC Marines!

It's been a very fun and interesting 2 days so far in Greensboro, NC.
The past 2 days, I've made some new friends with Marines from all over the country, and met up with some friends I haven't seen in 2 months.
Tomorrow starts the business part of the Convention.....yay...and I'll be pretty busy.

I just wanted to stop in while I had some free time before everything gets real busy for the rest of the week.

Semper Fidelis Marines!!! :usmc:

USMCM38A1
08-11-10, 07:23 PM
Heard the Khaki shirts were turned down again

Lisa 23
08-14-10, 08:01 PM
Yes, the Khaki shirts were turned down again, and I have no problem that they were.

Wyoming
08-14-10, 08:19 PM
... are the new ones see-through?

Just kidding Lisa.

Lisa 23
08-14-10, 09:34 PM
Hahaha!!!

In case anyone is interested, the Marine Corps Leagues new officers are.....

National Commandant........Vic Voltaggio
National Sr Vice...........Jim Tuhey
National Jr Vice...........John Kovalcik
National Judge Advocate......Richard Gore

USNAviator
08-14-10, 10:56 PM
Hahaha!!!

In case anyone is interested, the Marine Corps Leagues new officers are.....

National Commandant........Vic Voltaggio
National Sr Vice...........Jim Tuhey
National Jr Vice...........John Kovalcik
National Judge Advocate......Richard Gore

Welcome back Lisa!!!! :thumbup:

Lisa 23
08-15-10, 10:32 AM
Welcome back Lisa!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Dan....it's good to be home! :D

Old Marine
08-15-10, 03:59 PM
Heard the Khaki shirts were turned down again

Last time I heard, khaki shirts were being used with the khaki trousers for Mess Duty.

Tropical Shirts are a completely different story.:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
08-15-10, 05:05 PM
Last time I heard, khaki shirts were being used with the khaki trousers for Mess Duty.

Tropical Shirts are a completely different story.:evilgrin:

Marine Corps Leaguers are NOT authorized to wear the Khaki shirt for any uniform.....period.

Lisa 23
08-15-10, 07:42 PM
On Wednesday during the Convention, I was very fortunate to have my picture taken with Navajo Code Talker Bill Toledo. He is 86 years young.

A BIG "Semper Fi" to you Bill and all of your fellow Code Talkers!

Lisa 23
08-15-10, 08:01 PM
Current Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen Amos before the banquet on Friday evening......

My apologies that this photo of Gen Amos giving his speech during the banquet, didn't come out that good.

Lisa 23
08-15-10, 08:12 PM
SgtMaj Overstreet, 12th SgtMaj of the Marine Corps (1991-1995)

National Executive Director of the Young Marines.......
Marine LtCol Mike Kessler with SgtMaj Overstreet

USNAviator
08-16-10, 06:12 AM
Great photos Lisa, thank you for sharing. Looks as if you had a good time.

Lisa 23
08-16-10, 07:08 AM
Dan, I had a great time even though I was kept very busy. It was my first National Convention and I enjoyed making some new friends as well as seeing some friends I haven't seen in a couple of months.

USMCM38A1
08-16-10, 07:50 PM
I believe we should also do away with dress blue trousers with blood stripes since many non NCO wear them.I no longer wear them because I felt guilty not earning the blood stripe. The Khaki shir is still a sore subject hear in Ohio .I see both sides of the coin but when it was voted on twice what more can you do it is out because of misuse.I will not bury a Marine though looking like an airline pilot or Air Force personell or a bell hop in our red jacket.It's a no win situation.