PDA

View Full Version : My RE4 upgraded to an RE1A, Finally!!

usmc3521
03-03-10, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone! I posted a year or so ago about my situation. To make a long story short ,I was drilling at my unit which I was given orders to after my mos school. About year and a half in I got a letter from another unit stating I was UA. Turns out my original boot orders were to this other unit. So my unit faxed over muster sheets etc and I even took my srb to check into this other unit to clear up this clerical error and get the erroneous UA's erased. I was told to leave from this other unit as a gung ho warrant officer had already sent my package to new orleans and it was too late. So I was screwed and was given an OTH and RE4.

I tried fighting this for years but I have no records available, they were pitched, EVERYTHING. Alot of the Marines here found that hard to believe which is very understandable. Last July I found the Marine from that other unit who I checked into and the warrant officer(who is now retired). The CWO wrote a letter stating the truth how they knew i was drilling at another unit but it was too late, the other marines verified my drill status etc and how I did physically checked in.

I sent my package to the USMC MMER branch and just got word this week that my decision is favorable and I will be upgraded to an RE1A and that they are checking with retirement and pay to see if there is anything else I get back!

I just wanted to share this with you as it has been a long time coming and after ten years I can not wait to re up and serve again. Every thing is done paperwork wise at the recruiters offfice, just waiting on the re code to be changed in dears. I want to go active but am being told I can only go reserve right now? O well! If anyone has any questions on my case please feel free to ask, S/F

temarti
03-03-10, 06:52 PM
good deal!

usmc3521
03-03-10, 06:52 PM
sorry about some of the spelling errors, I am typing this on my phone and the keys are small!

Supersquishy
03-04-10, 04:54 AM
Outstanding! But don't be disapointed if it takes longer than you think on getting into the Reserves...I know. LOL

BTW you go to Tony Packo's much? Been there at leat 3 times good dogs.

TJR1070
03-04-10, 05:49 AM
Congrats Brother. No one should have to go through sh!t like that to prove they served honorably. I wish you much luck with your future endeavors.

Semper Fi 15
03-04-10, 06:17 AM
congratz and good luck in the future! :)