PDA

View Full Version : Fr George Puchiarelli, Beirut 1983

USNAviator
03-02-10, 07:29 PM
Gentleman

Fr Pooch was the Marine Chaplain at the Beirut barracks in '83. George is a friend of many years from MA. For those of you who don't know him, I wanted to enclose a link to his life in the Chaplain Corp

I was aboard the Kennedy (CV67) when we were ordered to be stationed off shore for any assistance the Marines might need. I remember seeing the video broadcast of George, tears streaming down his face, talking about loosing his Marines. To the Corps and in particular to Fr Pooch

http://www.beirut-memorial.org/ceremonies/15th/articles/mag.html

Dan

TJR1070
03-02-10, 07:38 PM
What an outstanding man. I really like this quote from the story and I think I am going to add it onto my signature. Semper Fi, Chaplain Pucciarelli.

Looking back on his many years of serving side-by-side with Marines, Pucciarelli said, "Everything good that represents America is in that uniform we wear. We should be the epitome of all things that this country has been built upon."

USNAviator
03-02-10, 07:44 PM
I think Fr Pooch would like that. Outstanding Marine!! George is small of stature but one hell of good guy and tough as nails when he has to be

TJR1070
03-02-10, 07:48 PM
Cmdr. If you get a chance please Thank Capt. Pucciarelli for his service to our Corps and our Marines for me. Thank you for your service to our Nation and the Navy-Marine Team!

USNAviator
03-02-10, 07:51 PM
Can do Marine and thank you for your service as well

ET Hoffman
07-07-10, 03:24 PM
Gentleman

Fr Pooch was the Marine Chaplain at the Beirut barracks in '83. George is a friend of many years from MA. For those of you who don't know him, I wanted to enclose a link to his life in the Chaplain Corp

I was aboard the Kennedy (CV67) when we were ordered to be stationed off shore for any assistance the Marines might need. I remember seeing the video broadcast of George, tears streaming down his face, talking about loosing his Marines. To the Corps and in particular to Fr Pooch

http://www.beirut-memorial.org/ceremonies/15th/articles/mag.html

Dan
And I was there on Big John with you. Marine detachement. Hard time for many of us.

Rocky C
07-07-10, 03:35 PM
Cmdr. If you get a chance please Thank Capt. Pucciarelli for his service to our Corps and our Marines for me. Thank you for your service to our Nation and the Navy-Marine Team!

X2 :thumbup::flag::thumbup:

hbharrison
07-07-10, 04:29 PM
X3:thumbup::iwo::thumbup: