PDA

View Full Version : Mos 8024/8026

wanderingwolf
03-02-10, 06:48 PM
I've been looking all over the place and can't seem to find much info on the following MOS other than from the usmilitary.about website.

MOS 8024- Combatant Diver Officer
MOS 8026- Parachute/Combatant Diver Officer

Just wondering a few specifics of the job description. What is it that they do and how does it relate to the rest of the USMC? Would they be considered a part of MARSOC? My goal is to get MOS 0203 or MOS 0204 because I'd like the chance to work with RECON but I am also trying to research possible 3rd and 4th choices.

Basically I would like the ability to travel extensively, attend a number of Marine schools, and learn/utilize foreign languages in an exciting job field.

Would these MOS provide the opportunity for that? They certainly seem exciting.

Thank you in advance for any help MARINES

Sgt Leprechaun
03-02-10, 11:52 PM
No.

Neither of those MOS's are 'enlistment' jobs, they are secondary MOS's and identify skill sets.

For officers, you'd have to first be selected for an Infantry MOS from TBS, and then go from there. To get the Infantry MOS, you'll need to be at the absolute top of your class academically, leadership wise, and everything else.

wanderingwolf
03-03-10, 01:01 AM
No.

Neither of those MOS's are 'enlistment' jobs, they are secondary MOS's and identify skill sets.

For officers, you'd have to first be selected for an Infantry MOS from TBS, and then go from there. To get the Infantry MOS, you'll need to be at the absolute top of your class academically, leadership wise, and everything else.

Thank you for the information. I will consider one of the Infantry MOSs when I make my selections.