PDA

View Full Version : Just some questions

matejkaaj
03-01-10, 09:57 PM
Hello. This is just another question that some wannabe has, but I was hoping you guys could help me out. Just to start off I am 15, and don't care much for politics. Its just seems like constant arguing over what to do. But I do care about somethings. I don't question that I am patriot, I love America. Most kids my age don't give a damn about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, and if it ever comes up in a class discussion most of them just say things that make them sound like they have no idea what they are talking about. I do have those things on my mind though, a lot. I never forget about it, even if I'm doing something completely unrelated, its always in the back of my mind. Usually its about why we are fighting. I can't get it off my mind. I do want to want to join the Marines when I am old enough. I do want to go to Afghanistan. I don't expect it to be fun or exciting, just I feel like I need to do it, if I even get my chance. My mom told me to finish college first, but I know that there are things more important then me going to college, and frankly my life doesn't mean that much in the long run. I have tried to explain to a few people but they just don't understand. It's like every time I see the news about the Marines in Marjah, I just get this feeling I need to be there. It's not about serving my country. I can't explain it, it's extremely difficult, writing this was. I spent most of my boring summer by myself, while everyone stayed in and played Call of Duty. Basically I had a lot of time to think. I thought about war a lot, what its like to kill a person, to watch your friends die, life and death. I began to question the point of it all. I contemplated this deeper and deeper for a long time. I thought about my countries wars. I studied war history and mainly focused on America's. I learned about Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Guadalcanal, Peleliu, Normandy, Tarawa, Khe Sahn, Grednada, Somalia, Bagdahd and Fallujah. There are too many to name. I learned about the good we had fought for, and the bad. I made sure I knew the atrocities we had committed, like My Lai and Abu Ghraib. But through it all I noticed that all of these crimes were committed by a small group of soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines. They never equaled up to what the enemy had done. It seems like we had always fought the men who had oppressed or killed millions. And the wars we have won have put a stop to it. I just needed someone who I felt understands this to ask. I know war is bad, it is one of the most horrible things about humanity, but through all of it, I think our wars have been worth it. I just don't feel anybody knows what I meant by this, except some of you guys. I doubt veterans think about this in combat, but I think it comes across your mind someday. Teachers, parents, and friends constantly ask me if I'm okay. I just can't get it off my mind. Sometimes I hear the little voice inside my head say, "You know what Japan did to the Chinese and millions of others, what Nazi Germany did, what North Vietnam and communism did, what Saddam and the Insurgents do to Iraqi's, and how the Taliban oppressed the Afghans, how can you ever think we are the bad guys when we stop it." And I know Iraqi civilians get killed, but I believe if we win Iraq will be free from people like Sadaam and Al-Qaeda. Everyday I feel further and further away from my friends and family, and avoid them, and they try to talk to me, but just want to left alone. I'm sorry I am telling you guys this but I don't think most people know what I mean. When I hear the words, United States Marine or Semper Fidleis I just get a feeling. I just get a strange feeling when I see Marines in combat. I want to be there. I just don't know how to explain it. I know some people think we shouldn't be in Iraq, some should, and some don't care. But I believe in this war. I believe our wars from World War Two and on have been for a just cause, and the bloodshed, and pain had been worth it. I know this whole thing sounds long and corny. I just wanted to know if you believe in our wars, and why do you. I just wanted to know if you know what I mean when I say I want to be fighting and if you have thoughts of war that you can't get off your mind.Thanks for your answers.

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:%20leoHighlightsIFrameClose%28%29;)

(javascript: leoHighlightsIFrameClose();)

Lisa 23
03-01-10, 10:02 PM
http://www.wcbvi.k12.wi.us/images/clip_image002.gif

WOW...now that's some small text. My text is set to large, and that's still small to me.
Next time, how about using some normal or bigger text.
You may also want to fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to attempt to read your post and try to answer your questions, know who they are talking to :thumbup:.....and you may also want to read the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

And it's Marines, not you guys.

Lisa 23
03-01-10, 10:10 PM
Young man, political threads aren't allowed to be posted here. That's not what this forum is about. It's about wanting to be a Marine and boot camp.

SGT7477
03-01-10, 10:19 PM
Too small for me, not worth straining the eyes.

Quinbo
03-01-10, 10:22 PM
The fact that this forum automatically replaces a double space with a single space plus the minute text caused me to not read a single word except the title. Goes hand in hand with resume writing 101 ... don't use fancy fonts colors or text size and you will stand a better chance of having it read.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-10, 11:40 PM
Wow. I can't believe I read that, or at least skimmed most of it.

Lad, Marines don't question it, we just 'do' it. But this is also why ONLY Marines are allowed to argue in the political forums.