PDA

View Full Version : Looking for S/SGT Dillett- D.I. 1966 P.I.

Jarrhead66
03-01-10, 08:09 PM
I was in PLT. 1009 P.I. 6/66-8/66 1st Training Battalion. S/SGT Dillett was my Senior Drill Instructor. A TRUE LEADER. If anyone has had any contact with him, I'd like to know. I've known many great individuals in my life, but S/Sgt Dillett has impressed me as one of the finest motivators I have ever experienced. He possessed the ability to motivate, coordinate, and achieve the desired outcome. All the while he had the greatest desire to be in the THICK OF IT!!! One day he said, " Right now I am a Marine Corp Drill Instructor. This is like babysitting next door to a big party. I want to go to that party, but I have a job to do first- and I will do that job to the best of my ability!!!! Be advised- I will not let you down!!!!" Those words have guided me through my life- no matter how much you may think it sucks, do your best with a good attitude and watch what happens.. It works out.
If anyone served with him in the NAM, or any where else, let me know of your time with him. Thanks. Semper Fi.