PDA

View Full Version : Could I talk to a Marine recruiter from Europe?

saoirsefreedom
02-28-10, 12:47 PM
I came across this site a while ago which gives the ways in which U.S. citizens living abroad can get ahold of recruiters (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dao/enlistus.html); the USMC is the only one that does not have a recruiting station overseas but a recruiting station in New York is given with a phone number that begins with a 1 (intended so that people not in the CONUS can call it). Would this be the number I need to call? I'm a U.S. citizen but I went through the British education citizen (thanks to my dad who didn't wanna make life easier and just live on base) and this meant I finished high school at 16, as opposed to 18, and received what is called 'GCSEs' (General Certificates of Secondary Education) in 10 subjects. Ever since I was advised on here to verify with a recruiter that I am eligible with these it has been bugging me. The reason we finish earlier than American students is because we start school at an earlier age but nonetheless I'm eager to get confirmation that I'm still good-to-go, eduction-wise. Thanks for your help Marines.

saoirsefreedom
02-28-10, 12:49 PM
The reason I'm hesitant to call is that I don't want to waste anybody's time seeing as I can't get back to the States just yet anyway, I just would really appreciate some verification now to put my mind at ease, as opposed to waiting until I actually enlist. I could do without any nasty/disappointing surprises.

Rocky C
02-28-10, 03:43 PM
Call the Number......