PDA

View Full Version : MP MOS - the 'age' issue!

wannabe1993
02-28-10, 09:01 AM
Hi, Marines. I apologize for this topic as I am sure you have heard it copious amounts of times; I really have tried researching it but I'm really failing to grasp the answer! :/
I am aware you must be 19 years of age prior to completion of formal school; but given how long one can expect to wait to ship out these days, will it really be much of an issue if I'm 18 when I enlist? I turn 18 April next year; if I sign up and am put in the DEP at that point, surely with the accumulation of time (waiting to ship out, 3 months of boot camp, 1 month of MCT and X amount of months for MP school) I will have turned 19 by the time I graduate. Or do I have to be 19 years old before I can even go to recruit training, if I want to be an MP? This is what confuses me, because I don't see why I can't enlist as an MP when it's pretty certain that I will have turned 19 before I graduate MOS school. The idea of having to wait until I turn 19 to even start boot camp is kind of depressing. Thanks for your help, Marines!

polizei
02-28-10, 09:56 AM
No you can still go. We had a few people turn 19 while in MP school. They won't let you graduate though...and I'm not exactly sure how it works.

fallfast90
02-28-10, 04:07 PM
You can still go through your training just fine. As others have said, you just have to be 19 by graduation. I had the MP MOS and I didn't turn 19 until i was about 1/2 way through boot (actually it was qual day for me, lol).

wannabe1993
03-02-10, 03:47 PM
Thank you very much Marines, really appreciate the info and thank you for your service!

TazMatt
03-02-10, 06:15 PM
I want to be a recon black op navy seal commando field m.p. cid master gunner by the time I get thru boot camp is that possible. I just got to do this before i turn 20 if at all possible. maybe just maybe

fallfast90
03-02-10, 07:38 PM
I want to be a recon black op navy seal commando field m.p. cid master gunner by the time I get thru boot camp is that possible. I just got to do this before i turn 20 if at all possible. maybe just maybe

What?????......

TazMatt
03-03-10, 08:16 AM
Fallfast90 don't you understand my wish list,I was just expounding on everyone list on what they want before they go to boot camp instead of just trying to get through first.If you would notice I am too old to do any of these now.

wannabe1993
03-03-10, 08:48 AM
TazMatt, sir, I do understand I am way ahead of myself considering I have to get through boot camp first, but I've always wanted to be an MP and hearing conflicting stories regarding whether I can or cannot be one combined with needing to secure an MOS before one goes to boot, I was kind of eager to clear the air. My 'wish list' isn't quite that ambitious.

polizei
03-03-10, 08:51 AM
Just don't go reserves, that's all I have to say.