PDA

View Full Version : Semper Fidelis

Captain Kirk
02-28-10, 06:28 AM
Why do we Marines hold so tightly to this slogan? Semper Fidelis ( Always faithful) Is a goal well worth striving for. Our Creator God taught us how and why to be faithful. He is faithful like no other could be. Because he is faithful we can trust him, follow him, believe we are safe in his presence, have FAITH in him. There is few higher callings one could strive for than to be faithful like our God.

Our Marine Corps is full of traditions that point to God the Creator, God the Father, God the Savior, God the Protector. Thank God for being our standard bearer, our hiding place from trouble, our protector, our champion, our hightower, our provider. Words cannot describe the standard that God set for his people. Our Marine Corps was, is and always shall strive to be Semper Fidelis.

Thank You Lord for this overwhelming example and standard you have set for us. We strive to be that to those around us to model your faithfulness to others in order to point them to you.

Protect our Troops O Lord. Keep them safe and in your loving faithful care as they set the example of your Semper Fidelis to the world.

Amen!

Again I share my love of Music with you as you listen to and read the words to this classic hymn that expresses Semper Fidelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_LVO_YV74 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_LVO_YV74)

DocGreek
02-28-10, 07:21 AM
KIRK....I'll stick with "Eternal Father", the Navy Hymn. I will be buried at sea, where I belong.

TazMatt
02-28-10, 07:54 AM
Captain Kirk once again you have inspired my day with the beginning of praise to our Heavenly Father.Semper Fi my Brother in Christ and in The Corps.

Captain Kirk
02-28-10, 07:55 AM
KIRK....I'll stick with "Eternal Father", the Navy Hymn. I will be buried at sea, where I belong.

Now that is another good one Doc. You may proceed brother. ;)

Rocky C
02-28-10, 07:58 AM
SEMPER FIDELIS !

SGT7477
02-28-10, 08:39 AM
God, Country and Corps, Semper Fidelis.

doc h fmf
02-28-10, 10:03 AM
thAT WAS NICE DOUG AS ALWAYS I ENJOY AND GET A LOT OUT WHAT YOU POST AGAIN NICE JOB MY BROTHER

Captain Kirk
02-28-10, 10:10 AM
thAT WAS NICE DOUG AS ALWAYS I ENJOY AND GET A LOT OUT WHAT YOU POST AGAIN NICE JOB MY BROTHER

Youbetcha Doc! Thanks Bro.:)

Mongoose
02-28-10, 01:13 PM
The faith we have in our Lord, leads us to put our life in his hands. Our faith in each other as Marines, works the same way.

Captain Kirk
02-28-10, 01:23 PM
The faith we have in our Lord, leads us to put our life in his hands. Our faith in each other as Marines, works the same way.

Right on Billy.:thumbup: