PDA

View Full Version : Marsoc?

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 07:15 PM
I just joined this site and plan on signing up after this spring semester. My main goal for the Marines is to end up in MARSOC. I don't care for the awesome travel, and although the pay is good, I'm here to do my best and possibly be the best, all for my country.

My question is this; what can I do that will increase my chances of joining MARSOC? Since I've atleast until the end of the semester, I figured I'd do what I can to make it all happen alittle 'smoother' when I get there.

I quit smoking after three years, and started running almost everyday to improve my lung function, and I started lifting weights again for weight/strength preperation.

Is there anything else that you old farts with the experience, can give this Marine wannabe, to make my goals come true?

Thanks so much in advance guys,

Danny

Lisa 23
02-27-10, 07:27 PM
Is there anything else that you old farts with the experience, can give this Marine wannabe, to make my goals come true?

Thanks so much in advance guys,

Danny

When you become a Marine, then you can call Marines 'old farts', but until then....have "RESPECT" and call us Marines. :evilgrin:

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 07:33 PM
When you become a Marine, then you can call Marines 'old farts', but until then....that's just Marines to you. :evilgrin:

Haha sounds like a deal. I do respect the hell out of what you guys and girls do for this country, and your fellow men, so until this summer or so, Marines it is.

I just want to be as prepared as possible. I've even been reading the thread on Marine Boot camp test. I know that I'm getting ahead of myself, but then the 12 P's come to mind

Lisa 23
02-27-10, 07:42 PM
Yeah, it is a "big deal". And we are Marines, not you guys or girls. :evilgrin:

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it is a "big deal". And we are Marines, not you guys or girls. :evilgrin:

Whoa I'm sorry if I offended you. You may be Marines but you're still a 'GUY' or a 'GIRL'. I'm more used to forum talk and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I came here for advice, as the sub-forum implies, but i seem to be just making you mad, so I'll just go elsewhere.

You know, I still love the Marine Corps, but you seem like the kinda guy that might give it a bad rep. More power to you though

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 08:18 PM
Edit: I just read your profile. I should have said "I'm sorry 'MAM' "

Lisa 23
02-27-10, 08:18 PM
Whoa I'm sorry if I offended you. You may be Marines but you're still a 'GUY' or a 'GIRL'. I'm more used to forum talk and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I came here for advice, as the sub-forum implies, but i seem to be just making you mad, so I'll just go elsewhere.

You know, I still love the Marine Corps, but you seem like the kinda guy that might give it a bad rep. More power to you though
Do I look like a guy to you? :evilgrin:
And no, you're not making me mad, this is just they way I am. I don't like when Marines are refered to by wannabes and poolees as you guys or girls. We've EARNED the title and should be called Marines!

As for answers to your question, I'm sure a Marine will be along to give you the answers you're looking for.

You may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums while you at it.

BR34
02-27-10, 08:43 PM
Lifting weights and running a few times a week. Yea, that should do it. Keep up the good work Champ.

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 08:58 PM
Seriously though, I came here for plan/prep advice. I'm really looking forward to joining the Marine Corps family, and I thought that it was a tight knit group, but this is ridiculous

SGT7477
02-27-10, 09:27 PM
Seriously though, I came here for plan/prep advice. I'm really looking forward to joining the Marine Corps family, and I thought that it was a tight knit group, but this is ridiculous
You pizz one Marine off you have to deal with us all, go army.:evilgrin:

ShaggsM3LS1
02-27-10, 09:34 PM
You pizz one Marine off you have to deal with us all, go army.:evilgrin:

I pizz off one Marine, then I deal with it and go MARINE.

That's what real Marines do

HereandThere
02-27-10, 09:53 PM
If it wasn't for google I wouldn't know what you people were talking about.Hell I never knew Recon was disbanded.That's what they get for stealing the skivvies from some of our guys at Geiger.

peefyloo
02-27-10, 09:54 PM
Your first priority should be your schooling right now.

Exercise. Work on your cardio. Swim as much as you can. Whether or not your physically able to do it means nothing if your not mentally up for it. Don't say your mentally up for it until you get there.

peefyloo
02-27-10, 09:55 PM
If it wasn't for google I wouldn't know what you people were talking about.Hell I never knew Recon was disbanded.That's what they get for stealing the skivvies from some of our guys at Geiger.
Recon is still around. Even Force Recon is still around.

thewookie
02-27-10, 09:57 PM

How do you know what real Marines do, did you read it somewhere? Stop acting like you're part of the family; you have nooooo idea how tight knit we are.

You are not our buddy or pal, so don't act like it.

And this isn't some "normal" forum -- it is a forum for Marine Veterans, you are a visitor, and you are treading on thin ice.

Got it?

HereandThere
02-27-10, 10:05 PM
Recon is still around. Even Force Recon is still around.

I know they are,but I didn't know they were disbanded after Vietnam and re-formed in 1986.

CplGiraffe
02-27-10, 10:32 PM
I'm sure you have heard of the rank structure, why don't you take heed. If you aren't sure where you fall let me show you....
General, Lieutenant General, Major General, Brigadier General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, Major, Captain, 1st Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant, Chief Warrant Officer 5, Chief Warrant Officer 4, Chief Warrant Officer 3, Chief Warrant Officer 2, Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major and Master Gunnery Sergeant, Master Sergeant and First Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Sergeant, Corporal, Lance Corporal, Private First Class, Private, Recruit, Poolee, and then Wannabe's like you. Two Sergeants commented on your thread. Don't disrespect them.

Dale0817
02-27-10, 11:05 PM
Get a UZ contract, become a Marine, graduate ITB, graduate BRC, do a few deployments. Tryout for marsoc

SGT7477
02-28-10, 08:25 AM
How do you know what real Marines do, did you read it somewhere? Stop acting like you're part of the family; you have nooooo idea how tight knit we are.

And this isn't some "normal" forum -- it is a forum for Marine Veterans, you are a visitor, and you are treading on thin ice.

Got it?
You got it brother,:thumbup:.

SGT7477
02-28-10, 08:28 AM
I pizz off one Marine, then I deal with it and go MARINE.

You haven't earned our title so you have no idea what a Marine is, one thing for sure you have to have is Respect.:iwo:

SGT7477
02-28-10, 08:30 AM
I'm sure you have heard of the rank structure, why don't you take heed. If you aren't sure where you fall let me show you....
General, Lieutenant General, Major General, Brigadier General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, Major, Captain, 1st Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant, Chief Warrant Officer 5, Chief Warrant Officer 4, Chief Warrant Officer 3, Chief Warrant Officer 2, Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major and Master Gunnery Sergeant, Master Sergeant and First Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Sergeant, Corporal, Lance Corporal, Private First Class, Private, Recruit, Poolee, and then Wannabe's like you. Two Sergeants commented on your thread. Don't disrespect them.
Good one Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
02-28-10, 08:40 AM

Got it?

:usmc::thumbup::usmc:.
SEMPER FI

Lisa 23
02-28-10, 10:10 AM
My fellow Marines...this wannabe isn't even worth the time and effort to argue with. He was extremely disrespectful, rude and degrading towards me in PM's last night...and yes, the matter has been taken care of.
Lets show how real Marines act. It's obvious that this wannabe has no idea of what a real Marine is and the kind of respect that should be shown to Marines on a Marine Corps site, no matter how short or long our time in service was.
We are one big family, and like Sgt7477 said...you mess with one Marine, you mess with us all.

Semper Fidelis my fellow Marines! :usmc:

SGT7477
02-28-10, 10:16 AM
My fellow Marines...this wannabe isn't even worth the time and effort to argue with. He was extremely disrespectful, rude and degrading towards me in PM's last night...and yes, the matter has been taken care of.
Lets show how real Marines act. It's obvious that this wannabe has no idea of what a real Marine is and the kind of respect that should be shown to Marines on a Marine Corps site, no matter how short or long our time in service was.
We are one big family, and like Sgt7477 said...you mess with one Marine, you mess with us all.

Semper Fidelis my fellow Marines! :usmc:
Thanks for the heads up WM, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-10, 09:11 PM
Good riddance to a worthless turd.

"Don't go away maaad......just go away".

Smitty Puffs
03-03-10, 09:56 AM
Jesus christ Gents. Simmer the **** down. Sure the kids a little undisciplined, but he is a civilian, and it should be understood that he is more use to the way he does things in his life then how some of you "demand" that he act. None of you have any right to tell this kid off. If you just ignored the small things that he said, which he doesnt pick up on because he's not a Marine YET, and just answered his question maturely this whole thing could have been avoided. Being a Marine is all well and good, but it doesnt make you god. It doesnt mean you can DEMAND respect from anyone you please. Some of you come off as grade-A *******s. Semperrrr

Listen kid, if you're serious about MARSOC you need to start doing this:

-Swim, all the ****ing time. Learning to run is easy, but swimming the "Marine Corps Way" can be difficult for some people. I just did swim qual the other day and I had to do all 5 in a single night. 4, 3, 2, 1 and Q. Talk about tired, I was in the pool from 6pm saturday until 3 30 am sunday. It was an ass kicker and I'm in the best shape of my life. Swam well over 1000 meters.

-Ruck Run. Start off with a backpack filled with 20 pounds and start running. In Special Operations positions you will rarely run in shorts a T-shirt. It's usually gonna be boots and utes with a pack on. Once you get comfortable start increasing the weight. I wouldn't go over 40 pounds for now sense it could do some damage to your back before you even get to the operating forces.

-Crossfit. High intensity interval training. Google it, find a gym, and do it. One hour of high intensity interval training is more beneficial then a week of slow one hour gym sessions.

any other questions feel free to PM me. Just ignore everybody else. For the most part their not here to help the new guys, they just like to wave their "authority" in peoples faces. Probably the same POG's that use to chew Marines out for having cammie paint on their face when they just got out of the field a few minutes prior.

polizei
03-03-10, 11:06 AM
I'm still baffled how I'm an old fart...I'm only 20 years old... Damn I'm old.

Smitty Puffs
03-03-10, 11:09 AM
hahaha our bodies are all 20 years older then the actual age.