PDA

View Full Version : New Supplements ban?

v22mech
02-27-10, 02:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone heard specifically what the new banned supplements are. They've been talking about the possibilty of doing this for years, but it hasn't been untill recently that i've seen more and more suppplements being pulled off the shelves in the GNC on base. I've seen warnings and stuff on prohormones but what is actaully banned and most importantly what supplements if any are they testing for? Any adivice would be welcomed cause this has always been a massive grey area for me.

Old Marine
02-27-10, 04:43 PM
I was just wondering if anyone heard specifically what the new banned supplements are. They've been talking about the possibilty of doing this for years, but it hasn't been untill recently that i've seen more and more suppplements being pulled off the shelves in the GNC on base. I've seen warnings and stuff on prohormones but what is actaully banned and most importantly what supplements if any are they testing for? Any adivice would be welcomed cause this has always been a massive grey area for me.

Marines have always been able to perform their duties without supplements and can continue do their duties these days without being on anything but good old Marine chow and plenty of PT.:evilgrin:

v22mech
02-27-10, 06:24 PM
Marines have always been able to perform their duties without supplements and can continue do their duties these days without being on anything but good old Marine chow and plenty of PT.:evilgrin:

PT GOOD FOR YOU GOOD FOR ME! Even Chesty took vitamins, there are plenty of advantages of taking supplements to support the recovery of humping for miles on end or going for a moto run after already working 18hrs plus in a day. Now as for as steriod usage i really don't condone any of that kinda stuff, you will have to admit that glucosimine does infact help with achy joints and arthritis that we are all prone to having, especially due to the hell we put our bodies through during the course of our Marine Corps careers. I just wanted to know what i would have to worry about if i did take something to help the recovery process, or slow muscle fatigue and deriation. The MarAdmins that have come out are pretty vague when it comes to supplementation. Heck, most of all the military runs on Monster and Copenhagen.

Supersquishy
02-27-10, 06:59 PM
Fish oil pills are OK.

Old Marine
02-27-10, 07:21 PM
PT GOOD FOR YOU GOOD FOR ME! Even Chesty took vitamins, there are plenty of advantages of taking supplements to support the recovery of humping for miles on end or going for a moto run after already working 18hrs plus in a day. Now as for as steriod usage i really don't condone any of that kinda stuff, you will have to admit that glucosimine does infact help with achy joints and arthritis that we are all prone to having, especially due to the hell we put our bodies through during the course of our Marine Corps careers. I just wanted to know what i would have to worry about if i did take something to help the recovery process, or slow muscle fatigue and deriation. The MarAdmins that have come out are pretty vague when it comes to supplementation. Heck, most of all the military runs on Monster and Copenhagen.

When did Chesty tell you that he took vitamins? I would bet Chesty ran on HOPS from the beer he drank.

As for the Monster and Copenhagen, maybe this new Corps does run on those items, that we of my era never had that problem. :evilgrin: